2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

1 hour ago, ace56blaa said:

FRI
PYRAMID: Stormzy, George Ezra, Ms Lauryn Hill, Bastille, Michael Kiwanuka, Hacienda Classical 
OTHER: Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Years and Years, Cat Power, Let's Eat Grandma, Confidence Man
WH: TBA (Fatboy Slim?), Mavis Staples, Young Fathers, Rosalia, Kamasi Washington, Fatoumata Diawara, 
PARK: The Good, The Bad + The Queen, SOPHIE, Stefflon Don, Idles, King Princess, Pond
JP: Snow Patrol, Diplo, Charli XCX, Pale Waves, Sam Fender, Superorganism

SAT
PYRAMID: The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Miley Cyrus, Sheryl Crow
OTHER: TBA (Or Vampire Weekend), The Courteneers, Anne Marie, Lizzo, Dave, Kate Tempest, Kurt Vile and The Violators
WH: Wutang Clan, Jungle, Maribou State, The Comet is Coming
PARK: Hot Chip, Johnny Marr, Bradley Cooper, Sons of Kemet, This is The Kit, Shura, 
JP: Jon Hopkins, Hozier, Jorja Smith, Lily Allen, Sharon Von Etten, slowthai, Low

SUN
PYRAMID: The Cure, Janet Jackson, Hozier, Kylie, Sigrid
OTHER: The Chemical Brothers, Christine + the Queens, Billie Eilish, Fat White Family  
WH: Janelle Monae, Loyle Carner, Kali Uchis, Neneh Cherry, BCUC
PARK: TBA (AJ Tracey?), Sylvan Esso, Little Simz, Charlotte Gainsborg, Rex Orange County,
JP: The Streets, Interpol, Santigold, Aurora, Bugzy Malone, Snail Mail, 

Just a rushed first attempt, think we may have some big act to be confirmed, Though was having trouble finding space for vampire weekend, also fatboy slim said he's playing a major stage this year didnt he? DOubt he'll be headlining westholts, but since Jon Hopkins is on saturday, and lauryn hill maybe on pyramid, 

thoughts?

Can't see snow patrol or streets headlining jp  ...and Sheryl crow into miley gives me great excuse to avoid the pyramid . Looking forward to aurora again and hope ur right about young fathers although jp would suit them better 

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Agreed, Ms Lauryn Hill is definitely the top contender for the metal slot atm :P

The "metal slot" wasn't a thing before motorhead in 2015, and considering 2017's was Royal Blood, im not certain its a very set in stone slot. that being said i think we could get someone like frank carter on the pyramid earlier to make up for it. 

Just now, ace56blaa said:

The "metal slot" wasn't a thing before motorhead in 2015, and considering 2017's was Royal Blood, im not certain its a very set in stone slot. that being said i think we could get someone like frank carter on the pyramid earlier to make up for it. 

I'm just going off Emily mentioning that it was an actual thing in an interview earlier in the year. Don't see why they would officialy give it a title and then kill it off before the next fest. 

I agree that Lauryn Hill would be better on the pyramid, but I dont see space for at the moment (unless some swaps occur with the prodigy unfortunately dropping out)

Just now, Mattymooz said:

I'm just going off Emily mentioning that it was an actual thing in an interview earlier in the year. Don't see why they would officialy give it a title and then kill it off before the next fest. 

I agree that Lauryn Hill would be better on the pyramid, but I dont see space for at the moment (unless some swaps occur with the prodigy unfortunately dropping out)

oh fair, i hope there is, cause thats sure to be another huge name to be added

Just now, Mattymooz said:

oh fair, i hope there is, cause thats sure to be another huge name to be added

4 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

That'll be Catfish I think on a next announcement once more tickets are gone or whatever.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So despite Prodigy being out we don't seem to be down an Other headliner? Tame Impala, The Streets and Chems surely, unless one was a late addition or booked for Pyramid. 

Hopkins/Hot Chip would be an awful clash for me. Not keen on Janelle/Cure/Chems either.

I hope they book someone else, they have time (Foals).

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So despite Prodigy being out we don't seem to be down an Other headliner? Tame Impala, The Streets and Chems surely, unless one was a late addition or booked for Pyramid. 

Hopkins/Hot Chip would be an awful clash for me. Not keen on Janelle/Cure/Chems either.

The Streets may well be a sub and seems more likely if Prodigy were Other headliner (not sure where else Prodigy could have gone tbh) so it coupd be that it was meant to be:

Stormy > Ezra // Tame Impala

The Killers > Liam G // The Prodigy

The Cure > The Streets // Chemical Brothers

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That would be good as I've no interest in them so would free up a night for me. Which of the three I said do you not think is an Other headliner?

Well two are worthy (Impala and Chems). I cannot wait for Tame Impala. Streets. Too low down and would be put next to Chems if they were headlining other. Vampire Weekend won't, I dont see that. I think they are booking someone, hence why Courteeners haven't been added. I think Foals or someone like that are to come. I would see Foals if not, I will probably spend the night away from music and to Shangri La or something.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

You need a magnifying glass to find The Streets on the poster. They're not headlining the Other.

Exactly. I want a good rock band. I'm at Friday: Tame Impala, Saturday: Shangri La or something unless a good band are announced and Sunday: The Cure.

9 hours ago, thewayiam said:

That'll be Catfish I think on a next announcement once more tickets are gone or whatever.

Catfish are not playing the "metal slot". I know the definitions of the acts doing it the last few years are pretty fluid but they were at least acts you could hear on a jukebox in a rock/metal pub.

30 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I hope that's the case as would really like to see Streets. Although I'd much rather have had them as a headliner. Nick Cave aside, I rarely see anyone smash the Pyramid sub slot.

The Streets are very low on the poster. Everyone has been placing them high up in predictions though which I have been a bit confused by - are they more popular than they were?

Edit - didn’t realise this had already been said.

Edited by DJL