2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

7 hours ago, 01seb said:

Thought I'd give this one last crack before the Poster drops (hopefully soon). 

FRIDAY

Pyramid - Stormzy, Childish Gambino, Iggy Pop, Kaiser Chiefs, Hozier, Billie Eilish, Tom Misch, Local Band

Other - Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Richard Ashcroft, Of Monsters & Men, Miles Kane, Michael Kiwanuka, Superorganism, Parquet Courts, Franz Ferdinand

West Holts - Silk City, Jorja Smith, Maribou State, Rosalia, Loyle Carner, Getto Kumbe, Karkhana

John Peel - Suede, Interpol, Sophie, Slaves, Mumford & Sons (secret set), The Amazons, Tom Walker, Drange, Slowthai, ETC Winner

The Park - Ocean Colour Scene, Public Service Broadcasting, Neneh Cherry, Mitski, Mavis Staples, Lewis Capaldi, Snail Mail, Sports Team

SATURDAY

Pyramid - The Cure, Liam Gallagher, Janet Jackson, Jess Glynne, The Vaccines, Sigrid, KT Tunstall, David Attenborough 

Other - The Streets, Courteeners, James Blake, Editors, Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls, The Hives, Declan McKenna, Flogging Molly, Teleman

West Holts - Wu-Tang Clan, Jungle, The Cat Empire, Denzel Curry, Fatoumata Diawara, Gaye Su Akyol, Jpegmafia 

John Peel - Hot Chip, Enter Shikari, Chromeo, Idles, Foals (secret set), Pale Waves, Yungblud, Sea Girls, Clean Cut Kid

The Park - The Goods The Bad & The Queen, Four Tet, Tash Sultana, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Tom Grennan, Julien Baker, Jade Bird, Dean Lewis

SUNDAY

Pyramid - The Killers, George Ezra, Christine & the Queens, Kylie, James Bay, Tom Odell, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Local Brass Band

Other - The Chemical Brothers, Vampire Weekend, Years & Years, Anne-Marie, Doves, Kurt Vile, The Joy Formidable, Confidence Man, Amber Arcades

West Holts - Janelle Monae, Jon Hopkins, Lizzo, Khruangbin, Stefflon Don, The Garifuna Collective, Nakhane

John Peel - Chvrches, Nothing but Thieves, Twin Atlantic, Courtney Barnett, Deaf Havana, Aurora, Sam Fender, Octavian

The Park - Ben Harper, Sharon Van Etten, Anna Calvi, John Grant, Sofi Tukker, Black Honey, Parcels, Alma 

I could happily get on board with this.

1 hour ago, Jasonbee said:

the only one that come close is Sam Smith and I think he’s killed any chance of that since his new found love of being OTT and over confident... he was loved for his voice and his humbleness... the latter unfortunately has gone - that’s coming from a big Sam smith fan?

Sounds like you got a problem with him expressing himself. Over confident? Being confident doesn't make you not humble. What does that even mean?

On 2/15/2019 at 9:03 PM, FloorFiller said:

PY: Stormzy - The Killers - The Cure
WH: Jon Hopkins - Wu-Tang Clan - Janelle Monae
JP: Interpol - Chvrches - Orbital
PA: FKA twigs - Hot Chip - Doves

Something like that headliner wise, imo.

Jon Hopkins in Arcadia maybe instead.

2 hours ago, Jasonbee said:

I’m also baffled by the hype of George Ezra I don’t think he should even be considered for a sub spot never mind headline!

Adele & Ed Sheeran on a whole other level to him... the only one that come close is Sam Smith and I think he’s killed any chance of that since his new found love of being OTT and over confident... he was loved for his voice and his humbleness... the latter unfortunately has gone - that’s coming from a big Sam smith fan?

Sam Smith headlined biggest weekend in Swansea last year.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 01seb said:

Thought I'd give this one last crack before the Poster drops (hopefully soon). 

FRIDAY

Pyramid - Stormzy, Childish Gambino, Iggy Pop, Kaiser Chiefs, Hozier, Billie Eilish, Tom Misch, Local Band

Other - Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Richard Ashcroft, Of Monsters & Men, Miles Kane, Michael Kiwanuka, Superorganism, Parquet Courts, Franz Ferdinand

West Holts - Silk City, Jorja Smith, Maribou State, Rosalia, Loyle Carner, Getto Kumbe, Karkhana

John Peel - Suede, Interpol, Sophie, Slaves, Mumford & Sons (secret set), The Amazons, Tom Walker, Drange, Slowthai, ETC Winner

The Park - Ocean Colour Scene, Public Service Broadcasting, Neneh Cherry, Mitski, Mavis Staples, Lewis Capaldi, Snail Mail, Sports Team

SATURDAY

Pyramid - The Cure, Liam Gallagher, Janet Jackson, Jess Glynne, The Vaccines, Sigrid, KT Tunstall, David Attenborough 

Other - The Streets, Courteeners, James Blake, Editors, Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls, The Hives, Declan McKenna, Flogging Molly, Teleman

West Holts - Wu-Tang Clan, Jungle, The Cat Empire, Denzel Curry, Fatoumata Diawara, Gaye Su Akyol, Jpegmafia 

John Peel - Hot Chip, Enter Shikari, Chromeo, Idles, Foals (secret set), Pale Waves, Yungblud, Sea Girls, Clean Cut Kid

The Park - The Goods The Bad & The Queen, Four Tet, Tash Sultana, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Tom Grennan, Julien Baker, Jade Bird, Dean Lewis

SUNDAY

Pyramid - The Killers, George Ezra, Christine & the Queens, Kylie, James Bay, Tom Odell, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Local Brass Band

Other - The Chemical Brothers, Vampire Weekend, Years & Years, Anne-Marie, Doves, Kurt Vile, The Joy Formidable, Confidence Man, Amber Arcades

West Holts - Janelle Monae, Jon Hopkins, Lizzo, Khruangbin, Stefflon Don, The Garifuna Collective, Nakhane

John Peel - Chvrches, Nothing but Thieves, Twin Atlantic, Courtney Barnett, Deaf Havana, Aurora, Sam Fender, Octavian

The Park - Ben Harper, Sharon Van Etten, Anna Calvi, John Grant, Sofi Tukker, Black Honey, Parcels, Alma 

Tbh the only reason I've not put Janet 3rd down Saturday is due to the Sunday info.

FRI
Py: 
Stormzy, The Streets, Alice In Chains, The Specials, Tom Odell, Sigrid, Kate Tempest, Hacienda Classical
OS: Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Interpol, Blossoms, Mac DeMarco, Gerry Cinnamon, Parquet Courts, Pale Waves, Doves
WH: Jon Hopkins, The B52's, Amadou & Mariam, Toots & the Maytals, Nao, Octavian, Nubya Garcia, Flohio
JP: Orbital, Marina, Tom Grennan, Ella Mai, Idles, Aurora, King Princess, Ten Tonnes, Another Sky, Whenyoung
Pa: Lykke Li, Stereolab, Maggie Rogers, Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real, Rosalia, Sunflower Bean, Grace Carter, Boy Azooga, Black Midi

SAT
Py: 
The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Vampire Weekend, Solange, Tash Sultana, Young Fathers, Lizzo
OS: Fatboy Slim, Courteeners, Years & Years, Hozier, Anne-Marie, Tom Walker, Lewis Capaldi, Freya Ridings, Easy Life
WH: Wu-Tang Clan, Jungle, Maribou State, Neneh Cherry, Nao, Sons of Kemet, Mahalia, Kokoko!
JP: Richard Ashcroft, Dave, Circa Waves, Mabel, Shame, Sam Fender, The Amazons, Jade Bird, Fontaines DC, Sea Girls
Pa: Hot Chip, Jarvis Cocker, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Dermot Kennedy, Pond, Slowthai, Girlpool, Jimothy Lacoste, Mattiel

SUN
Py: 
The Cure, Janet Jackson, Christine & the Queens, Kylie, Michael Kiwanuka, Mavis Staples, Ward Thomas
OS: Chemical Brothers, Bastille, Jess Glynne, The Wombats, AJ Tracey, Billie Eilish, Sundara Karma, Anna Calvi, She Drew the Gun
WH: Janelle Monae, Jorja Smith, Average White Band, Pusha T, Caravan Palace, Ezra Collective, Noname, Zara McFarlane
JP: Chvrches, Bear's Den, Twin Atlantic, Sharon Van Etten, Kurt Vile & the Violators, TBA, Let's Eat Grandma, Hatchie, ETC Winner
Pa: Loyle Carner, John Grant, Teenage Fanclub, Julia Holter, Nadine Shah, Lucy Dacus, Kojey Radical, Stella Donnelly

• Upvote 2

Looks pretty awesome. You putting Confidence Man on William's Green then? I'd shake up that Saturday Pyramid, have maybe one or two folk older than Liam Gallagher on there.

I like the Lukas Nelson on the Park shout. Trojan horse for yer man off Burnt to come out and do the song.

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Looks pretty awesome. You putting Confidence Man on William's Green then? I'd shake up that Saturday Pyramid, have maybe one or two folk older than Liam Gallagher on there.

I like the Lukas Nelson on the Park shout. Trojan horse for yer man off Burnt to come out and do the song.

I'm not really expecting them since they're over here in May and haven't been announced for any other summer festivals. Yeah that's a fair shout on the age thing, I did have The Specials on that day but moved them over as I thought the Friday seemed a bit young :lol: 

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Py: 
Stormzy, The Streets, Alice In Chains, The Specials, Tom Odell, Sigrid, Kate Tempest, Hacienda Classical
OS: Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Interpol, Blossoms, Mac DeMarco, Gerry Cinnamon, Parquet Courts, Pale Waves, Doves
WH: Jon Hopkins, The B52's, Amadou & Mariam, Toots & the Maytals, Nao, Octavian, Nubya Garcia, Flohio
JP: Orbital, Marina, Tom Grennan, Ella Mai, Idles, Aurora, King Princess, Ten Tonnes, Another Sky, Whenyoung
Pa: Lykke Li, Stereolab, Maggie Rogers, Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real, Rosalia, Sunflower Bean, Grace Carter, Boy Azooga, Black Midi

SAT
Py: 
The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Vampire Weekend, Solange, Tash Sultana, Young Fathers, Lizzo
OS: Fatboy Slim, Courteeners, Years & Years, Hozier, Anne-Marie, Tom Walker, Lewis Capaldi, Freya Ridings, Easy Life
WH: Wu-Tang Clan, Jungle, Maribou State, Neneh Cherry, Nao, Sons of Kemet, Mahalia, Kokoko!
JP: Richard Ashcroft, Dave, Circa Waves, Mabel, Shame, Sam Fender, The Amazons, Jade Bird, Fontaines DC, Sea Girls
Pa: Hot Chip, Jarvis Cocker, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Dermot Kennedy, Pond, Slowthai, Girlpool, Jimothy Lacoste, Mattiel

SUN
Py: 
The Cure, Janet Jackson, Christine & the Queens, Kylie, Michael Kiwanuka, Mavis Staples, Ward Thomas
OS: Chemical Brothers, Bastille, Jess Glynne, The Wombats, AJ Tracey, Billie Eilish, Sundara Karma, Anna Calvi, She Drew the Gun
WH: Janelle Monae, Jorja Smith, Average White Band, Pusha T, Caravan Palace, Ezra Collective, Noname, Zara McFarlane
JP: Chvrches, Bear's Den, Twin Atlantic, Sharon Van Etten, Kurt Vile & the Violators, TBA, Let's Eat Grandma, Hatchie, ETC Winner
Pa: Loyle Carner, John Grant, Teenage Fanclub, Julia Holter, Nadine Shah, Lucy Dacus, Kojey Radical, Stella Donnelly

Not critisicing in the slightest because someone always appears and says..... well they can’t play there because of this or that (and it annoys me after someone put in the effort).

But..... I was talking to the lead singer of Sunflower Bean the other day and she was saying they’re hoping to play but it’s just so hard to get a spot after the Fallow year.  Just found it interesting and as I just saw their name I thought I’d mention it. 

11 minutes ago, sisco said:

Not critisicing in the slightest because someone always appears and says..... well they can’t play there because of this or that (and it annoys me after someone put in the effort).

But..... I was talking to the lead singer of Sunflower Bean the other day and she was saying they’re hoping to play but it’s just so hard to get a spot after the Fallow year.  Just found it interesting and as I just saw their name I thought I’d mention it. 

Agree I fully expected yonaka on the lineup but I had a chat with them and they said they hadn’t been approached this year (could’ve been just a curve ball but seemed genuine)

14 minutes ago, sisco said:

Fucking hell can't be that hard if Brandon Flowers can manage it...

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Hozier's new album has gone straight in at no.1 in the US (on the overall top 200 Billboard chart, not some alternative/rock/whatever sub-section). can't see him playing halfway down the Other stage...

That's in the US though, over here he's just the bloke who did that church song.

35 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Hozier's new album has gone straight in at no.1 in the US (on the overall top 200 Billboard chart, not some alternative/rock/whatever sub-section). can't see him playing halfway down the Other stage...

As if we needed any further proof Americans have awful tastes in music.

16 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Py: 

SAT
Py: 

SUN
Py: 

FRI: Sigrid, The Streets, Tame Impala

SAT: Anne Marie, Vampire Weekend, Dave, Wu-Tang Clan

SUN: Billie Eilish, AJ Tracey, Jorja Smith, Chemical Brothers

Works for me!

FRI
PYRAMID: Stormzy, George Ezra, Ms Lauryn Hill, Bastille, Michael Kiwanuka, Hacienda Classical 
OTHER: Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Years and Years, Cat Power, Let's Eat Grandma, Confidence Man
WH: TBA (Fatboy Slim?), Mavis Staples, Young Fathers, Rosalia, Kamasi Washington, Fatoumata Diawara, 
PARK: The Good, The Bad + The Queen, SOPHIE, Stefflon Don, Idles, King Princess, Pond
JP: Snow Patrol, Diplo, Charli XCX, Pale Waves, Sam Fender, Superorganism

SAT
PYRAMID: The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Miley Cyrus, Sheryl Crow
OTHER: TBA (Or Vampire Weekend), The Courteneers, Anne Marie, Lizzo, Dave, Kate Tempest, Kurt Vile and The Violators
WH: Wutang Clan, Jungle, Maribou State, The Comet is Coming
PARK: Hot Chip, Johnny Marr, Bradley Cooper, Sons of Kemet, This is The Kit, Shura, 
JP: Jon Hopkins, Hozier, Jorja Smith, Lily Allen, Sharon Von Etten, slowthai, Low

SUN
PYRAMID: The Cure, Janet Jackson, Hozier, Kylie, Sigrid
OTHER: The Chemical Brothers, Christine + the Queens, Billie Eilish, Fat White Family  
WH: Janelle Monae, Loyle Carner, Kali Uchis, Neneh Cherry, BCUC
PARK: TBA (AJ Tracey?), Sylvan Esso, Little Simz, Charlotte Gainsborg, Rex Orange County,
JP: The Streets, Interpol, Santigold, Aurora, Bugzy Malone, Snail Mail, 

Just a rushed first attempt, think we may have some big act to be confirmed, Though was having trouble finding space for vampire weekend, also fatboy slim said he's playing a major stage this year didnt he? DOubt he'll be headlining westholts, but since Jon Hopkins is on saturday, and lauryn hill maybe on pyramid, 

thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Chemicals definitely Sunday? Can't remember if that's the case or just speculation.

Also any reason people are going Hopkins Saturday?

Think we have info for Tame Impala for Friday and The Prodigy were apparently lined up for the Saturday so that leaves Sunday for Chems.

Jon Hopkins has the Saturday on his website.