2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

1 hour ago, Hawros said:

Not that we know each other, but there's a good chance I won't see you all weekend!

Oh go on then, put me out of my misery and tell me what I'd be missing / where you'd be and then we can fight til the death over who is going to have a better time...

Edited by jyoung

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

Oh ho on then, put me out of my misery and tell me what I'd be missing / where you'd be and then we can fight til the death over who is going to have a better time...

Don't usually like to do this so early, but here's a quick stab...

Fri - Doves / Anna Calvi / IDLES / Aurora / Strokes / Tame Impala

Sat - Hacienda Classical / Neneh Cherry / Maribou State / Liam / Hot Chip (?)

Sun - Kurt Vile / Courtney Barnett (won't be there) / James Blake / Cure

Going through it like that, there's big patches with not too much for me.
Anyway, see you at James Blake? Meet by the Brothers bar.

1 minute ago, Hawros said:

Don't usually like to do this so early, but here's a quick stab...

Fri - Doves / Anna Calvi / IDLES / Aurora / Strokes / Tame Impala

Sat - Hacienda Classical / Neneh Cherry / Maribou State / Liam / Hot Chip (?)

Sun - Kurt Vile / Courtney Barnett (won't be there) / James Blake / Cure

Going through it like that, there's big patches with not too much for me.
Anyway, see you at James Blake? Meet by the Brothers bar.

I try to keep it to a minimum of must sees per day as to allow time to explore freely / meet with friends etc. Would happily take Tame Impala over Stormzy if that's where the gang I attended with wanted to head. At least we agree on James Blake anyway. Few cold Brothers down you and I'll have you stick around for The Streets.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Quackers- said:

Has Catfish and the Bottlemen been ruled out?

Nope, but I cant see where they would fit at the moment assuming there is Chris, Vampire Weekend and the rock slot 3rd down on the pymild and all 3 other headliners (reckon if they were to play it would be one of those slots)

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

They’d at least sub at any UK fest now, surely?

You reckon at Glasto too?

EDIT: Just to clarify i honestly reckon they could headline R&L and the other big ones, but assumed they would be shoved down the lineup at Glasto a fair bit

Edited by Mattymooz

18 minutes ago, jyoung said:

I try to keep it to a minimum of must sees per day as to allow time to explore freely / meet with friends etc. Would happily take Tame Impala over Stormzy if that's where the gang I attended with wanted to head. At least we agree on James Blake anyway. Few cold Brothers down you and I'll have you stick around for The Streets.

Deal.
(Mental note to return tomorrow for an upvote).

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

You reckon at Glasto too?

EDIT: Just to clarify i honestly reckon they could headline R&L and the other big ones, but assumed they would be shoved down the lineup at Glasto a fair bit

It’s not like they’re out of place at Glastonbury. Could defo see them sub Pyramid or headline Other, if they’ll accept those slots even.

15 minutes ago, sisco said:

Agreed.  Always had them pencilled in for an Other headline spot so a pyramid sub fits for me too 

You look at their tour and even Sheffield sold so quick. If Glasto randomly got then to play 3rd down which I'm not seeing then that old rock slot that Royal Blood did isn't impossible.

43 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You look at their tour and even Sheffield sold so quick. If Glasto randomly got then to play 3rd down which I'm not seeing then that old rock slot that Royal Blood did isn't impossible.

Yeah can’t see it myself.  Other header, Pyramid sub or not playing.

10 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Hopefully the last one I need to do before the lineup drops, I was waitin to see if we got anyone new from the Brits and luckily I already had Lizzo on there. Left West Holts kinda bare as I never know what to put. Not super sure on CHVRCHES, could be them or Robyn/FKA Twigs/Yeah Yeah Yeahs etc.

FRIDAY

Pyramid: Stormzy // The Strokes // Iggy Pop // Solange // Friendly Fires // Rick Astley // Ibibio Sound MAchine // Bjorn Again
Other: Tame Impala // Tow Door Cinema Club // Hozier // Anne-Marie // Sigrid // Lewis Capaldi // Anna Calvi // Black Honey // Doves
West Holts: The Specials // The B-52's // Kaytranada // NAO // Rosalia
John Peel: Orbital // Mura Masa // Loyle Carner // Aurora // Idles // Jade Bird // Lizzo // Sea Girls
Park: Thom yorke // Spiritualized // Superorganism // Snail Mail // Bradley Cooper // Anteros

SATURDAY

Pyramid: The Killers // Liam Gallagher // Christine & The Queens // The Human League // Tom Odell // Wolfmother // KT Tunstall // Hacienda Classical
Other: The Chemical Brothers // Silk City // Years & Years // Lily Allen // AJ Tracey // Nothing But Thieves // Stefflon Don // Sam Fender // Nina Nesbitt
West Holts: Wu-Tang Clan // Cypress Hill // Maribou State // Neneh Cherry // Ezra Collective
John Peel: CHVRCHES // Tash Sultana // Sharon Van Etten // Parquet Courts // Foals (Secret Set) // Lauv // The Amazons // Yonaka
Park: Hot Chip // Charlotte Gainsbourg // Parcels // Modeslektor // Let's Eat Grandma // Mahalia

SUNDAY

Pyramid: The Cure // Janet Jackson // Vampire Weekend // Kylie Minogue // Sheryl Crow // Kamasi Washington // Tom Walker // Some Choir
Other: The Streets // James Blake // Giggs // Blossoms // Jorja Smith // Billie Eilish // Tom Grennan // Pale Waves // Bang Bang Romeo
West Holts: Janelle Monae // Jungle // Mavis Staples // Thievery Corporation // Tom Misch
John Peel: Interpol // Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls // Courtney Barnett // Kurt Vile & The Violators // Busted // Dean Lewis // Slowthai
Park: The Good, The Bad & The Queen // Four Tet // Pond // Kero Kero Bonito // Iglooghost // Flohio

And ofc the poster:

GLASTO7.thumb.png.7a828e723ae322547683d5576d1e2da5.png

Loving this more than enough for me . Friday bit of a clash fest

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Hopefully the last one I need to do before the lineup drops, I was waitin to see if we got anyone new from the Brits and luckily I already had Lizzo on there. Left West Holts kinda bare as I never know what to put. Not super sure on CHVRCHES, could be them or Robyn/FKA Twigs/Yeah Yeah Yeahs etc.

FRIDAY

Pyramid: Stormzy // The Strokes // Iggy Pop // Solange // Friendly Fires // Rick Astley // Ibibio Sound MAchine // Bjorn Again
Other: Tame Impala // Tow Door Cinema Club // Hozier // Anne-Marie // Sigrid // Lewis Capaldi // Anna Calvi // Black Honey // Doves
John Peel: Orbital // Mura Masa // Loyle Carner // Aurora // Idles // Jade Bird // Lizzo // Sea Girls
Park: Thom yorke // Spiritualized // Superorganism // Snail Mail // Bradley Cooper // Anteros

SATURDAY

Pyramid: The Killers // Liam Gallagher // Christine & The Queens // The Human League // Tom Odell // Wolfmother // KT Tunstall // Hacienda Classical
Other: The Chemical Brothers // Silk City // Years & Years // Lily Allen // AJ Tracey // Nothing But Thieves // Stefflon Don // Sam Fender // Nina Nesbitt
West Holts: Wu-Tang Clan // Cypress Hill // Maribou State // Neneh Cherry // Ezra Collective
John Peel: CHVRCHES // Tash Sultana // Sharon Van Etten // Parquet Courts // Foals (Secret Set) // Lauv // The Amazons // Yonaka
Park: Hot Chip // Charlotte Gainsbourg // Parcels // Modeslektor // Let's Eat Grandma // Mahalia

SUNDAY

Pyramid: The Cure // Janet Jackson // Vampire Weekend // Kylie Minogue // Sheryl Crow // Kamasi Washington // Tom Walker // Some Choir
Other: The Streets // James Blake // Giggs // Blossoms // Jorja Smith // Billie Eilish // Tom Grennan // Pale Waves // Bang Bang Romeo
West Holts: Janelle Monae // Jungle // Mavis Staples // Thievery Corporation // Tom Misch
John Peel: Interpol // Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls // Courtney Barnett // Kurt Vile & The Violators // Busted // Dean Lewis // Slowthai
Park: The Good, The Bad & The Queen // Four Tet // Pond // Kero Kero Bonito // Iglooghost // Flohio

And ofc the poster:

This looks incredible. I’d be well happy with this. It could do with Nick Cave though.

58 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yeah can’t see it myself.  Other header, Pyramid sub or not playing.

Agreed, no reason to play another slot for them, can't see a Cure clash and a Stormzy/Cure sub would fit fine....especially the former option though I'm not sure why Liam wouldn't be still doing Friday unless Gambino is. Only way I see Sunday is if Ezra isn't playing. Catfish at Victorious though would surely be announced by now although their booking would make sense considering the weak outlook for their day and similarly to The Prodigy last year.

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Agreed, no reason to play another slot for them, can't see a Cure clash and a Stormzy/Cure sub would fit fine....especially the former option though I'm not sure why Liam wouldn't be still doing Friday unless Gambino is. Only way I see Sunday is if Ezra isn't playing. Catfish at Victorious though would surely be announced by now although their booking would make sense considering the weak outlook for their day and similarly to The Prodigy last year.

He’s actually on good terms with The Killers... maybe it’s that?

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

He’s actually on good terms with The Killers... maybe it’s that?

Yeah there is that, I just didn't want to write too much...for once haha. I'd love it to be Catfish, Liam and I don't mind Ezra as subs although can't work the last one out. Emily has hinted at him playing a high slot, NH Weekend is a slot lower than I expected but then I guess Richard can do it due to being from up there. Sold out Ireland shows though plus topping TRNSMT and IOW would also say he's got no reason to accept 3rd and Janet won't be 5th down...3rd probably unfortunately.

So

Stormzy, Catfish, Dua Lipa

Tame Impala, TDCC

The Killers, Liam, C&TQ

The Chems, Silk City

The Cure, Ezra, J Jackson, Kylie

The Streets, VW

11 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

And ofc the poster:

Great line-up but... that Saturday night clash of headliners - I basically like every Saturday headliner than any Friday or Sunday headliners. 

6 minutes ago, DJL said:

Great line-up but... that Saturday night clash of headliners - I basically like every Saturday headliner than any Friday or Sunday headliners. 

Wouldn't be I to chems vs wu tang. Would prob stay at wu after cypress Hill given I have seen headline slots from chems at glasto twice already. 2015 was special though. 

11 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

And ofc the poster:

I like this a lot. 

Although it makes not having a ticket even more painful! 

36 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah there is that, I just didn't want to write too much...for once haha. I'd love it to be Catfish, Liam and I don't mind Ezra as subs although can't work the last one out. Emily has hinted at him playing a high slot, NH Weekend is a slot lower than I expected but then I guess Richard can do it due to being from up there. Sold out Ireland shows though plus topping TRNSMT and IOW would also say he's got no reason to accept 3rd and Janet won't be 5th down...3rd probably unfortunately.

So

Stormzy, Catfish, Dua Lipa

Tame Impala, TDCC

The Killers, Liam, C&TQ

The Chems, Silk City

The Cure, Ezra, J Jackson, Kylie

The Streets, VW

Would work out quite well but can’t see Dua Lipa being there this time. Someone also said C&TQ are subbing the other too. (No idea who it was)

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Has she?

George Ezra, Liam Gallagher, Janet Jackson as subs I reckon. 

Could possibly be Catfish instead of George but I can’t see George missing out this year.

*gulp* don’t wanna really wanna say this but I’m probably just gonna have to.

this is probably Glastonbury’s last opportunity to get George in a non headlining slot.