2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

Hopefully the last one I need to do before the lineup drops, I was waitin to see if we got anyone new from the Brits and luckily I already had Lizzo on there. Left West Holts kinda bare as I never know what to put. Not super sure on CHVRCHES, could be them or Robyn/FKA Twigs/Yeah Yeah Yeahs etc.

FRIDAY

Pyramid: Stormzy // The Strokes // Iggy Pop // Solange // Friendly Fires // Rick Astley // Ibibio Sound MAchine // Bjorn Again
Other: Tame Impala // Tow Door Cinema Club // Hozier // Anne-Marie // Sigrid // Lewis Capaldi // Anna Calvi // Black Honey // Doves
West Holts: The Specials // The B-52's // Kaytranada // NAO // Rosalia
John Peel: Orbital // Mura Masa // Loyle Carner // Aurora // Idles // Jade Bird // Lizzo // Sea Girls
Park: Thom yorke // Spiritualized // Superorganism // Snail Mail // Bradley Cooper // Anteros

SATURDAY

Pyramid: The Killers // Liam Gallagher // Christine & The Queens // The Human League // Tom Odell // Wolfmother // KT Tunstall // Hacienda Classical
Other: The Chemical Brothers // Silk City // Years & Years // Lily Allen // AJ Tracey // Nothing But Thieves // Stefflon Don // Sam Fender // Nina Nesbitt
West Holts: Wu-Tang Clan // Cypress Hill // Maribou State // Neneh Cherry // Ezra Collective
John Peel: CHVRCHES // Tash Sultana // Sharon Van Etten // Parquet Courts // Foals (Secret Set) // Lauv // The Amazons // Yonaka
Park: Hot Chip // Charlotte Gainsbourg // Parcels // Modeslektor // Let's Eat Grandma // Mahalia

SUNDAY

Pyramid: The Cure // Janet Jackson // Vampire Weekend // Kylie Minogue // Sheryl Crow // Kamasi Washington // Tom Walker // Some Choir
Other: The Streets // James Blake // Giggs // Blossoms // Jorja Smith // Billie Eilish // Tom Grennan // Pale Waves // Bang Bang Romeo
West Holts: Janelle Monae // Jungle // Mavis Staples // Thievery Corporation // Tom Misch
John Peel: Interpol // Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls // Courtney Barnett // Kurt Vile & The Violators // Busted // Dean Lewis // Slowthai
Park: The Good, The Bad & The Queen // Four Tet // Pond // Kero Kero Bonito // Iglooghost // Flohio

And ofc the poster:

GLASTO7.thumb.png.7a828e723ae322547683d5576d1e2da5.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

Wondering if the poster will still be picked up but without the bottom section :lol:

The Strokes below Stormzy, that could be quite controversial. Can't see them admitting 'defeat' like that. Plus The Voidz has to be on somewhere, guess that's the package deal or they also think GF is that special?

Edited by StupidDream

32 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Hopefully the last one I need to do before the lineup drops, I was waitin to see if we got anyone new from the Brits and luckily I already had Lizzo on there. Left West Holts kinda bare as I never know what to put. Not super sure on CHVRCHES, could be them or Robyn/FKA Twigs/Yeah Yeah Yeahs etc.

FRIDAY

Pyramid: Stormzy // The Strokes // Iggy Pop // Solange // Friendly Fires // Rick Astley // Ibibio Sound MAchine // Bjorn Again
Other: Tame Impala // Tow Door Cinema Club // Hozier // Anne-Marie // Sigrid // Lewis Capaldi // Anna Calvi // Black Honey // Doves
John Peel: Orbital // Mura Masa // Loyle Carner // Aurora // Idles // Jade Bird // Lizzo // Sea Girls
Park: Thom yorke // Spiritualized // Superorganism // Snail Mail // Bradley Cooper // Anteros

SATURDAY

Pyramid: The Killers // Liam Gallagher // Christine & The Queens // The Human League // Tom Odell // Wolfmother // KT Tunstall // Hacienda Classical
Other: The Chemical Brothers // Silk City // Years & Years // Lily Allen // AJ Tracey // Nothing But Thieves // Stefflon Don // Sam Fender // Nina Nesbitt
West Holts: Wu-Tang Clan // Cypress Hill // Maribou State // Neneh Cherry // Ezra Collective
John Peel: CHVRCHES // Tash Sultana // Sharon Van Etten // Parquet Courts // Foals (Secret Set) // Lauv // The Amazons // Yonaka
Park: Hot Chip // Charlotte Gainsbourg // Parcels // Modeslektor // Let's Eat Grandma // Mahalia

SUNDAY

Pyramid: The Cure // Janet Jackson // Vampire Weekend // Kylie Minogue // Sheryl Crow // Kamasi Washington // Tom Walker // Some Choir
Other: The Streets // James Blake // Giggs // Blossoms // Jorja Smith // Billie Eilish // Tom Grennan // Pale Waves // Bang Bang Romeo
West Holts: Janelle Monae // Jungle // Mavis Staples // Thievery Corporation // Tom Misch
John Peel: Interpol // Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls // Courtney Barnett // Kurt Vile & The Violators // Busted // Dean Lewis // Slowthai
Park: The Good, The Bad & The Queen // Four Tet // Pond // Kero Kero Bonito // Iglooghost // Flohio

And ofc the poster:

10 acts on their I'd make effort for, not a bad start.

45 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

And ofc the poster:

I like this very much, possibly the best I've seen given the options. More than enough here to keep me happy across the whole weekend and a nice even spread. Specials as a Friday night option is a very nice touch.

Doves > Black Honey > IDLES > Solange > Iggy > Strokes > Specials

Let's Eat Grandma > Parquet Courts > CATQ > Liam G > Cypress Hill > Hot Chip

Sheryl Crow > Kylie > Vampire Weekend > JJ > The Cure

54 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

And ofc the poster:

Too good to be true. Even though Robyn's missing. 

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

And ofc the poster:

Id take that tbf

Doves > Idles > Iggy > The Strokes > The Specials

Hacienda > KT > Wolfmother > Foals > Cyprus Hill > Wu Tang

Kurt Vile > Mavis Staples > Crow > Kylie > Vampire Weekend > Frank Turner > The Cure

Few clashes in there, none id be particularly gutted about and spacw to go wondering or could blow a few bands and not be gutted either. 

Id be happy with that. 

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

And ofc the poster:

Strokes/Two Door - Chems/Killers - Interpol/Janelle clashes..... NOPE. My brain would not make those decisions. Actual palpitations.

2 hours ago, mufcok said:

The Strokes subbing Stormzy?! I'd be shocked if they end up subbing

Yah, no chance they’re coming to Europe two weeks before any other shows for a low-paying non-headline slot. Too late in the speculation year to have landed on The Strokes subbing.

Starting to think Foals might though. I knows it’s a repeat of 2016 and I’d say they’re bigger than the act they’d be subbing but they seem to just wanna play so c’est possible I guess. Dizzee subbed 2010 and 2013, Elbow the year after each too I think.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Starting to think Foals might though. I knows it’s a repeat of 2016 and I’d say they’re bigger than the act they’d be subbing but they seem to just wanna play so c’est possible I guess. Dizzee subbed 2010 and 2013, Elbow the year after each too I think.

I’ve been thinking the same but hadn’t really considered them below Stormzy - moreso The Cure (although not sure where that’d leave Vampire Weekend). Surprise set is always a possibility I guess but I’m sure another sub slot would be much preferable, and I’m sure the festival would be more than willing to give it to em.

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’ve been thinking the same but hadn’t really considered them below Stormzy - moreso The Cure (although not sure where that’d leave Vampire Weekend). Surprise set is always a possibility I guess but I’m sure another sub slot would be much preferable, and I’m sure the festival would be more than willing to give it to em.

I’m not sure Vampire Weekend will necessarily sub. They’re not really any bigger than they were in 2013 are they? They don’t seem to be headlining the European festivals they’re playing either so could easily see them 3rd down again. I hadn’t really considered Foals subbing again but I agree with both of you that there’s a decent chance they might.

5 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

And ofc the poster:

Clashing Two Door and the Strokes would be absolute worst case scenario in terms of clashing. Other than that, looks pretty awesome. 

3 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Clashing Two Door and the Strokes would be absolute worst case scenario in terms of clashing. Other than that, looks pretty awesome. 

I was worried about that but checking the clashfinder you can actually watch pretty much both subs!! (I’m taking this far too seriously)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yah, no chance they’re coming to Europe two weeks before any other shows for a low-paying non-headline slot. Too late in the speculation year to have landed on The Strokes subbing.

Just going off what Grimmy said tbh (and I couldnt think of anyone else better for that slot tbh. Don't think they'll bump Chris or VW up, not sure Foals would sub again so soon, Bon Iver is back in America and Ezra is already stinking up mist other fests in the UK. Reckon it will be a rock act to placate people who are angry at Stormzy)

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Just going off what Grimmy said tbh (and I couldnt think of anyone else better for that slot tbh. Don't think they'll bump Chris or VW up, not sure Foals would sub again so soon, Bon Iver is back in America and Ezra is already stinking up mist other fests in the UK. Reckon it will be a rock act to placate people who are angry at Stormzy)

Someone like Elbow then? Outside bets of Jamiroquai or Sam Smith. And I just gave examples why Foals could sub again.

There’s nothing to say those wouldn’t sub, whereas even those with a brief knowledge of The Strokes know they’re not going out of their way for a low-paying slot. Grimmy was just going off a bullshit rumour that was going around (and hit here first, saying they were headlining). 

They’ll have bands opposite that’ll placate those ‘angry’ at Stormzy but really he was announced three months ago - nobody is ‘angry’ about it.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Someone like Elbow then? Outside bets of Jamiroquai or Sam Smith. And I just gave examples why Foals could sub again.

There’s nothing to say those wouldn’t sub, whereas even those with a brief knowledge of The Strokes know they’re not going out of their way for a low-paying slot. Grimmy was just going off a bullshit rumour that was going around (and hit here first, saying they were headlining). 

They’ll have bands opposite that’ll placate those ‘angry’ at Stormzy but really he was announced three months ago - nobody is ‘angry’ about it.

Jesus are Elbow still a subbing band? I would have placed them as 3rd/4th down lmao. Guess the other 2 are fair shouts though.

If Foals are still aiming to one day headline the pymild they shouldn't take that slot (heck, look at where Dizzee and Elbow are now). IDK if that is still their aim or maybe they've accepted that they won't get to being that big

And Grimmy could be talking shit, but it's more than we have heard for anyone else so I'm sticking with it atm. I know Strokes usually chase the money, but maybe they just wanna tick Glasto off the list (as they are never gonna be paid well if they wanna play there). They could always do something the weekend in between too. Roskilde is still missing a headliner I think? Seems like it would be weird for them to come all the way over just for one gig.

Again I ain't confident on that at all really and would be suprised if it happens, but they are nowhere near ruled out imo.

30 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

And Grimmy could be talking shit, but it's more than we have heard for anyone else so I'm sticking with it atm. I know Strokes usually chase the money, but maybe they just wanna tick Glasto off the list (as they are never gonna be paid well if they wanna play there). They could always do something the weekend in between too. Roskilde is still missing a headliner I think? Seems like it would be weird for them to come all the way over just for one gig.

Werchter a light a headliner too, same weekend.

2 hours ago, jyoung said:

Fri - Bjorn Again  > Sigrid > Anne Marie > Stormzy

Sat - Mahalia > AJ Tracey > Lily Allen > Wu Tang

Sun - Jorja Smith > Kylie > James Blake > The Streets

Works for me.

Not that we know each other, but there's a good chance I won't see you all weekend!

• Like 1