2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

PY: Stormzy - The Killers - The Cure
WH: Jon Hopkins - Wu-Tang Clan - Janelle Monae
JP: Interpol - Chvrches - Orbital
PA: FKA twigs - Hot Chip - Doves

Something like that headliner wise, imo.

Would be loooooving the vast vast majority of this bar the Doves and Janelle clash headach!

51 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Exactly. They’re not touring as Silk City, both working on their own stuff.

wat

Assumed it was more a Silk City exclusive at Glasto than anything else. An older act I guess would make sense but if we assume Orbital are that day on the JP (if they aint clashing with Hot Chip or the Chems) then it aint an eletconic act. Would The Human League be big enough? They are playong that fest in Ireland a couple weeks after

On 2/15/2019 at 9:03 PM, FloorFiller said:

PY: Stormzy - The Killers - The Cure
WH: Jon Hopkins - Wu-Tang Clan - Janelle Monae
JP: Interpol - Chvrches - Orbital
PA: FKA twigs - Hot Chip - Doves

Something like that headliner wise, imo.

A bit light on Friday. Also, since Nick Emily's husband has managed both Hot Chip and The Chems, I'd doubt whether they'd put both of them against each other. Other than that all quite feasible indeed.

6 hours ago, chatty said:

Fat White Family/Moonlandingz crew are usually there aint they. Fat Whites tour ends May, can see them showing up somewhere. 

They played 3am on the Hell stage a few years ago, no one I was with was remotely into them but I somehow managed to orchestrate us being there at that time against all odds and felt amazing, could not believe it.

2.58am one of my mates started having issues with his extra curriculum activities. Said we should all stay but he had to get off, can't leave a man behind though so we went with him. I obviously don't hold it against him or out but man I was sooo close ahah. I'd love a chance to try again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, willutalk said:

A bit light on Friday. Also, since Nick Emily's husband has managed both Hot Chip and The Chems, I'd doubt whether they'd put both of them against each other. Other than that all quite feasible indeed.

Friday doesn’t really seem light tbh,  Stormzy for the pyramiders and people who want to see a different act headline and people that like grime. Tame Impala would be a very strong other booking. Interpol on the John Peel would be excellent and also a good and strong booking 

I fully agree, I doubt Hot Chip and Chems would clash. 

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Friday doesn’t really seem light tbh,  Stormzy for the pyramiders and people who want to see a different act headline and people that like grime. Tame Impala would be a very strong other booking. Interpol on the John Peel would be excellent and also a good and strong booking 

I fully agree, I doubt Hot Chip and Chems would clash. 

Tame are the perfect foil for Stormzy. Big enough to be considered a worth OS headliner bit divisive enough to ensure the Other won't be overrun.

Less convinced the Chems and Hot Chip association is enough to discount a clash. Two very different kinds of dance music. I would still put them as more likely Sunday night heads on the park against Cure/Streets/Monae.

30 minutes ago, morph100 said:

I just had a dream the first line up poster was about to be released via Teletext, think it must be the colours, imagine waiting for that to refresh ?

Funnily enough I was just having a Sunday morning game of Bamboozle and this popped up;

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 10.39.34.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

56 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Was at Chvrches last night and got me thinking that I’d really like for them to be in the JP tent. Just feel their sound is more suited to an indoor space.

This! I'm keeping everything crossed this happens - I'm at Reading on the Sunday which they've been announced for but suspect if they end up subbing Bastille on the second stage they'll still clash with the Foo's, who I shall not be missing. JP would suit them perfectly.

12 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Yeh, I would say it's more of a clash headache than a bit light!

3 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Was at Chvrches last night and got me thinking that I’d really like for them to be in the JP tent. Just feel their sound is more suited to an indoor space.

I went last night, never seen them before. Bugger me they were good. And I was sober so they weee definitely good, way better than I expected.