2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I guess, but considering how much less rap there will be at the fest (compared to the dancier stuff which you can find elsewhere too) I'd have though you'd wanna split the hip-hop up more. I have no idea if this is actually something they would consider tbh though, really I just can't get my prediction to fit together anymore when I swap Chems and Streets

That still seems like a stupidly high booking to me, especially given the other options available (Vampire Weekend, Janet Jackson, The Strokes etc.) but I guess it could happen.

Someone very early on said The Streets were offered Pyramid Sub or Other Header.

23 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Aphex seems a really unlikely candidate for that slot though, Robyn surely is probably the most likely surely assuming Orbital are on the JP. Maybe Silk City too? (Though I currently have them subbing the Other)

Although their music is quite different I feel like having both Robyn and Janelle headline WH in one year may be a bit one note. Expecting an electronic headliner now that we have the other two (hip-hop and pop) nailed down, but who knows? Guess it all depends on who's around. Orbital could still be the Sunday if we're assuming Chems are the Saturday.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Although their music is quite different I feel like having both Robyn and Janelle headline WH in one year may be a bit one note. Expecting an electronic headliner now that we have the other two (hip-hop and pop) nailed down, but who knows? Guess it all depends on who's around. Orbital could still be the Sunday if we're assuming Chems are the Saturday.

I assumed a classic disco-y headliner...

EWF, The Jacksons, Parliament funkadelic type of act.

Ahh man I was so on board the Hot Chip for Friday WH train. It's the missus first Glastonbury and she's definitely gonna want to watch The Killers. Nightmare as I missed their 2015 set for Super Furries.

I reckon they might be on at the same time as Chems though. Would split the crowd a bit more, I still think they're too big for The Park stage as it is currently. Also given the lack of hip hop booked at the festival, I can't see them clashing Wu and The Streets. Granted they're not that similar but it seems odd to have 2/3 biggest stages headlined by Hip Hop when it's usually only featured on 1, if none of those 3 stages at any one time.

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

PY: Stormzy - The Killers - The Cure
WH: Jon Hopkins - Wu-Tang Clan - Janelle Monae
JP: Interpol - Chvrches - Orbital
PA: FKA twigs - Hot Chip - Doves

Something like that headliner wise, imo.

this sounds too good to be true.

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Whilat probably not far off, there is nowt for me to be really hyped for there. Seen Chems, Wu Tang & Orbital before.

I'd probably be 

Friday: Hopkins / Glade / A random Stage / SE Corner,

Sat: Chems

Sunday: Janelle or Orbital

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Whilat probably not far off, there is nowt for me to be really hyped for there.

Yeah I must admit I'm not exactly thrilled at the prospect of my own prediction either, but I've kind of come to terms with the fact that I'm not gonna be blown away with the headliners this year, or at least I'm not expecting to be. Fingers crossed for at least one totally out of the blue addition though.

35 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Jon Hopkins surely won't be headlining WHs. That is one boring Friday, Saturday is easy and so is Sunday.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Maybe Silk City too? (Though I currently have them subbing the Other)

They don’t seem to have any shows anywhere. They’ve probably quietly shelved the rest of that record.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

I guess, but considering how much less rap there will be at the fest (compared to the dancier stuff which you can find elsewhere too) I'd have though you'd wanna split the hip-hop up more.

There’s loads of hip hop. Last year they had Nadia Rose, Run the Jewels, Loyle Carner and BBNG clashing.

Not all Wu Tang fans are gonna be Streets fans and certainly vice versa. Keeping them apart makes zero sense.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I’m also expecting the remaining West Holts headliner to be an electronic act but could The Roots be an option? They’re in Europe the two weekends after Glastonbury so they’re possibly around. 

This would be hilarious just because my mate that absolutely loves them has decided not to come for the first time in years ?

13 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I’m also expecting the remaining West Holts headliner to be an electronic act but could The Roots be an option? They’re in Europe the two weekends after Glastonbury so they’re possibly around. 

I couldn’t really see the three WH headliners being The Roots, Janelle Monae and Wu Tang Clan. An electronic act or an older disco act I’d imagine. Maybe a blues act even.

51 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They don’t seem to have any shows anywhere. They’ve probably quietly shelved the rest of that record.

Ronson and Diplo are both playing in the UK in June (Parklife and Field Day iirc) and I can't see that project being shelved after the success of Electricty (although I think Ronson is working on a solo record atm so I could be wrong).

19 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Ronson and Diplo are both playing in the UK in June (Parklife and Field Day iirc) and I can't see that project being shelved after the success of Electricty (although I think Ronson is working on a solo record atm so I could be wrong).

Exactly. They’re not touring as Silk City, both working on their own stuff.

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

That slot is reserved for Karen and the lads.

wat

59 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I couldn’t really see the three WH headliners being The Roots, Janelle Monae and Wu Tang Clan. An electronic act or an older disco act I’d imagine. Maybe a blues act even.

Yeah it’s not something I’m expecting for the reasons you’ve mentioned but figured I’d put it out there anyway. Suppose they could always end up on the Pyramid instead like we seem to predict at some point every year. As I said, I agree about an electronic act being more likely, especially if they’re not having one on the Other stage that might. I’m all for it being Jon Hopkins although a Tame Impala clash would be frustrating.