2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

I believe you man, just seems a strange one. Unless @lobo is right and The Park is being expanded. 

Who knows. Could be my first Park headliner so actually works for me. 

I don't think they've ever played The Park have they? Maybe they just want to try somewhere new rather than repeat themselves.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

I don't think they've ever played The Park have they? Maybe they just want to try somewhere new rather than repeat themselves.

Yeah they’ve pretty much played every realistic slot they could so guess it makes sense for them to do the Park if they’re wanting to stick to night time/headliner slots.

12 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

No they haven’t so you could be right. 

Pretty sure Joe Goddard did his thing there in 2017. 

Maybe they just want a change, if the rumour holds true then it’s a great Saturday night right there. 

4 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Agreed.

Their WH set was half full if that.   They were barely selling out academies on their last tour.

They'd be a great Park headliner - it'll be busy but no need for an upgrade.

They're not much smaller than they've always been, and the West Holts set was well attended. Nothing spectacular but certainly not one of the thinner WH headline crowds I've seen. They headlined Green Man and Festival No 6 on the last tour, which is round about the level they've been for about a decade.

They’re listed above Primal Scream and Jon Hopkins at the Chems’ All Points East day. They seem to be at the same level as always, I agree with Lawn.

I don’t think they’ve been shunted down a stage at all - I don’t wanna put words in his mouth but Neil seemed to suggest there was an offer there for WH. They are genuinely the type of band that could and would say “we want to play the Park this time”.

23 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't agree. They're from the same broad genre but fairly distant nonetheless. It's like saying it'd be odd if The Wombats played at the same time as The Cure.

I guess, but considering how much less rap there will be at the fest (compared to the dancier stuff which you can find elsewhere too) I'd have though you'd wanna split the hip-hop up more. I have no idea if this is actually something they would consider tbh though, really I just can't get my prediction to fit together anymore when I swap Chems and Streets

27 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

The Streets could sub the Pyramid.

Stormzy, Childish Gambino

The Killers, Liam Gallagher

The Cure, The Streets

That still seems like a stupidly high booking to me, especially given the other options available (Vampire Weekend, Janet Jackson, The Strokes etc.) but I guess it could happen.

Think I'm gonna have to go back to the drawing board ffs

Edited by Mattymooz