2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

Just now, eFestivals said:

they were down for WH on Saturday at one point, tho I think as SR rather than TBC. Someone told me they had an offer to headline WH, and 'probably' for Saturday.

I then got info saying they definitely weren't the Saturday headliner.

I'm curious, was that info related to the Wu-Tang Clan info? If they did have an offer to headline West Holts then they do seem the obvious shout for the Friday headliner.

36 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He’s on about Hot Chip headlining Fri West Holts.

Not really sure what the score is re: Hot Chip on WH. @eFestivals did you hear something that made you take them off the stage completely when you got the Wu Tang news?

the info i had was that they'd had an offer to headline, 'probably' for Saturday. I was then told definitely not on Saturday.

As it was an offer I decided to play safe, as it's not impossible they've had an offer from another stage which they'd accepted instead (their tweets make pretty clear they're playing somewhere).

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

the info i had was that they'd had an offer to headline, 'probably' for Saturday. I was then told definitely not on Saturday.

As it was an offer I decided to play safe, as it's not impossible they've had an offer from another stage which they'd accepted instead (their tweets make pretty clear they're playing somewhere).

Do you think that WH would even have chance to offer Hot Chip a slot if they were on the Other Stage, if Nick is their manager?

Because y'all love my predictions, show some Valentine's Day love for this one mwah

(didn't do a full one cos they make me die)

Py: Stormzy, Jamiroquai, Iggy Pop, Solange, Tom Odell, Young Fathers
OS: Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Robyn, Interpol, Anne Marie
WH: Hot Chip, The B52's, Pusha T, Nao
JP: Orbital, Lykke Li, Circa Waves, Tom Grennan, Idles, Freya Ridings
Pa: Doves, Shame, Julia Holter, Parcels, Octavian

Py: The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Vampire Weekend, James Taylor & his All-Star Band, Mavis Staples, Sigrid
OS: The Chemical Brothers, Christine and the Queens, Years & Years, Blossoms, AJ Tracey
WH: Wu Tang Clan, Jorja Smith, Maribou State, Toots & the Maytals
JP: FKA twigs, Marina, Cigarettes After Sex, Kurt Vile, Billie Eilish, The Amazons
Pa: The Good the Bad and the Queen, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Teenage Fanclub, Pond, Confidence Man

Py: The Cure, Janet Jackson, Rag'n'Bone Man, Kylie, Amadou et Mariam, Loyle Carner
OS: The Streets, Jess Glynne, The Raconteurs, Bloc Party, Greta Van Fleet
WH: Janelle Monae, Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals, Tash Sultana, Fatoumata Diawara
JP: The Wombats, Jungle, Ella Mai, Sharon Van Etten, Parquet Courts, The Magic Gang
Pa: Bonobo, Jarvis Cocker, Bear's Den, Let's Eat Grandma, Aldous Harding

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Because y'all love my predictions, show some Valentine's Day love for this one mwah

Py: The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Vampire Weekend, James Taylor & his All-Star Band, Mavis Staples, Sigrid
OS: The Chemical Brothers, Christine and the Queens, Years & Years, Blossoms, AJ Tracey
JP: FKA twigs, Marina, Cigarettes After Sex, Kurt Vile, Billie Eilish, The Amazons
Pa: The Good the Bad and the Queen, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Teenage Fanclub, Pond, Confidence Man

Py: The Cure, Janet Jackson, Rag'n'Bone Man, Kylie, Amadou et Mariam, Loyle Carner
WH: Janelle Monae, Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals, Tash Sultana, Fatoumata Diawara
JP: The Wombats, Jungle, Ella Mai, Sharon Van Etten, Parquet Courts, The Magic Gang

Now this I could definitely get on board with:

IDLES > Interpol > Solange > Iggy > Shame > Doves

Confidence Man > Teenage Fanclub > Vampire Weekend > LG > Chems 

Parquet Courts > Kylie > Bloc Party > Raconteurs > JJ > Cure 

Edited by Hugh Jass

I'd be pretty happy with that, the Saturday night options aren't too exciting for me but plenty to see overall, the Friday especially would be brilliant. That lineup reminded me that we've all been predicting Tash Sultana to play the Sunday for some reason but I noticed the other day that they're actually playing the Barrowlands that night.

Edited by kingcrawler

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

This Friday night headliner clash would paralyse me.

The rest of the line-up has a familiar big-names-that-make-me-go-meh feel, so it's probably close!

1 minute ago, jj200 said:

Friday

Py:Stormzy childish gambilo

Other: tame impala

JP: Editors

Saturday

Py: the killers the strokes

Other: Bastille

JP: Interpol

Sunday

The cure Liam Gallagher vampire weekend

Other: the streets

JP: two door cinema club

More to be annconed

lol

20 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I can tell you that they are headlining the Park on the Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That is interesting. I wouldn’t predict Chems on Saturday now, as a knock-on effect. My prediction is in tatters.

Quite fancying seeing The Killers now, if I go.

For me it would be Tame Impala Friday, Killers Saturday and Cure Sunday. 

If you need help getting tickets then as I already got some would be able to help you out?

35 minutes ago, ryan.wills said:

Comes from a pretty faultless source. I suppose you could say (horses mouth). But can't really say anymore than that. Take it as you will. 

I believe you man, just seems a strange one. Unless @lobo is right and The Park is being expanded. 

Who knows. Could be my first Park headliner so actually works for me.