2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

27 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

I know absolutely nothing about childish gambino. Where do I start?

Depends what you’re after as all the Gambino albums are very different from each other, Camp is fun rap album with lots of clever word play (but seems to be gone from his live sets forever). Because The Internet if you want the most mainstream rap pop sounding album. The Kauai EP is similar to BTI but more chill pop. Awaken, My Love is a beautiful funk rnb love child. First just YouTube This Is America.

• Upvote 1

I wanna know the likelihood of any of the band's in the following list appearing, but it looks like too much effort making a full line up to garner opinion!

Animal collective

MGMT

Magic gang

Billie eilish

Neon Indian

King Gizzard

Aurora

First aid kit

Hinds

Boy Azooga

Ariel pink

Guerilla toss

Declan McKenna

Dodi

Marks out ten? ;)

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

His last album Awaken, My Love was his breakthrough and a ton better than what came before it. And you’ve probably heard, or at least heard of, This is America, which is a pretty bang average song with a very good video.

Nah This is America is an incredible song - very dark and raw beats intertwined with upbeat choral melodies, great social commentary on gun violence & his place as a black man in America.

I would go as far to say it's the best song that's hit the mainstream in years and possibly the best single of 2018.

7 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Nah This is America is an incredible song - very dark and raw beats intertwined with upbeat choral melodies, great social commentary on gun violence & his place as a black man in America.

I would go as far to say it's the best song that's hit the mainstream in years and possibly the best single of 2018.

Dead on, although the video is very good as well.

Can Glover do any wrong? I even got through season 4 of community coz he was in it.

Gunna attempt another. Apologies if i've screwed up any acts that are ruled out/missed anyone that's likely to show up.

Py: Stormzy, Childish Gambino, Iggy Pop, The Raconteurs, Tash Sultana, Stefflon Don, Ibibio Sound Machine
OS: Tame Impala, Christine and the Queens, Giggs, The Wombats, Sigrid, Courtney Barnett, Anna Calvi, The Amazons, Doves
WH: Orbital, Jungle, The John Butler Trio, Nao, Rosalia, Sons of Kemet
JP: Interpol, Friendly Fires, Charli xcx, Rex Orange County, Parquet Courts, Idles
Pa: Lykke Li, John Grant, Shame

Py: The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Cardi B, The Specials, Jarvis Cocker, Kamasi Washington, Joan Armatrading
OS: The Chemical Brothers, Hot Chip, Hozier, Mac DeMarco, Anne-Marie, Tom Walker, Miles Kane, Maggie Rogers, Nina Nesbitt
WH: Wu-Tang Clan, Chaka Khan, Maribou State, Neneh Cherry, Kali Uchis, Lizzo
JP: Robyn, Years & Years, Billie Eilish, Circa Waves, Pale Waves, Dermot Kennedy
Pa: The Good, the Bad and the Queen, Sharon Van Etten, Denzel Curry

Py: The Cure, Vampire Weekend, Janet Jackson, Kylie, Tom Odell, Jimmy Cliff, Ezra Collective
OS: The Streets, Jess Glynne, Lily Allen, Blossoms, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, You Me at Six, Gerry Cinnamon, Kate Nash, Estrons
WH: Janelle Monáe, Jorja Smith, Pusha T, Toots & the Maytals, Fatouma Diawara, Noname
JP: Jon Hopkins, Caribou, Spiritualized, AJ Tracey, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Ella Mai
Pa: Young Fathers, Loyle Carner, Nadine Shah

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, zak14 said:

Depends what you’re after as all the Gambino albums are very different from each other, Camp is fun rap album with lots of clever word play (but seems to be gone from his live sets forever). Because The Internet if you want the most mainstream rap pop sounding album. The Kauai EP is similar to BTI but more chill pop. Awaken, My Love is a beautiful funk rnb love child. First just YouTube This Is America.

Then YouTube Jase Harley - American Pharoah

7 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Gunna attempt another. Apologies if i've screwed up any acts that are ruled out/missed anyone that's likely to show up.

Py: Stormzy, Childish Gambino, Iggy Pop, The Raconteurs, Tash Sultana, Stefflon Don, Ibibio Sound Machine
OS: Tame Impala, Christine and the Queens, Giggs, The Wombats, Sigrid, Courtney Barnett, Anna Calvi, The Amazons, Doves
JP: Interpol, Friendly Fires, Charli xcx, Rex Orange County, Parquet Courts, Idles

Py: The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Cardi B, The Specials, Jarvis Cocker, Kamasi Washington, Joan Armatrading
OS: The Chemical Brothers, Hot Chip, Hozier, Mac DeMarco, Anne-Marie, Tom Walker, Miles Kane, Maggie Rogers, Nina Nesbitt
JP: Robyn, Years & Years, Billie Eilish, Circa Waves, Pale Waves, Dermot Kennedy

Py: The Cure, Vampire Weekend, Janet Jackson, Kylie, Tom Odell, Jimmy Cliff, Ezra Collective
OS: The Streets, Jess Glynne, Lily Allen, Blossoms, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, You Me at Six, Gerry Cinnamon, Kate Nash, Estrons
WH: Janelle Monáe, Jorja Smith, Pusha T, Toots & the Maytals, Fatouma Diawara, Noname
JP: Jon Hopkins, Caribou, Spiritualized, AJ Tracey, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Ella Mai

I'd add King Gizzard. No info but I can defo see them playing. 

10 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Was 're reading and got really excited then, guess it's still not my year.

21 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

ah man this really makes up for the (imo) average pyramid headliners.

fri: idles, parquet courts, rex, iggy, tame

sat: kamasi, jarvis, the specials, hot chip and chremics

sun: noname, kurt vile, pusha t, vampire weekend and the streets

would be chuffed if it was this!

22 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Headliners across the board not great for me (I mean, a lot of them are good but little that gets me really pumped as a headliner)

Doves > IDLES > Parquet Courts > Raconteurs > Iggy > Gambino > Interpol

Jarv > Specials > Billie Eilish > LG > Hot Chip > Chems

Kylie > Janet J ? Vampire Weekend > The Cure