2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Chvrches will probably be downgraded to John Peel this year - new album seems to have set them back a bit due to it being largely crap. 

Largely agree, but like them enough following the first two albums to warrant a watch. Would prefer JP in all honesty, music would suit.

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

Where are we at with Childish Gambino? Has he been proper ruled out yet or is he still just a weak rumour I can foolishly get my hopes up for? He's basically the only thing on my wishlist at this point.

Think he was always a long shot (though one the festival wanted). Don't think anythings changed.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 3:59 PM, FloorFiller said:

Chvrches will probably be downgraded to John Peel this year - new album seems to have set them back a bit due to it being largely crap. 

The first Chvrches album was great because it offered a weird/unique take on pop, its funny how the more they started chasing mainstream success (working with co-writers, watering down their sound etc) the less successful they became.

19 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

The first Chvrches album was great because it offered a weird/unique take on pop, its funny how the more they started chasing mainstream success (working with co-writers, watering down their sound etc) the less successful they became.

The problem is they didn't need to, they've have progressed well if they kept to their own thing. 

Generally, if you don't start out mainstream and go mainstream you've got to hit it right to get your moment!, if you were mainstream anyway and try and different direction, you've wither got to nail or or be big enough to have to time to correct it or it's the beginning of the long road backwards.

1 hour ago, addicted2noise said:

Mother We Share was a banger, Recover was also a very good song. I was so hyped to see them and other songs they would come out with but the more they've progressed as a band the more disappointed I've been with their music.

Everything else they've done is quite forgettable, including their live performances unfortunately.

On 2/5/2019 at 3:59 PM, FloorFiller said:

Royal Blood and Anderson Paak are both exclusives.

Read on radio x about Royal Blood exclusive but where was it announced about Paak too? 

6 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

Mother We Share was a banger, Recover was also a very good song. I was so hyped to see them and other songs they would come out with but the more they've progressed as a band the more disappointed I've been with their music.

Everything else they've done is quite forgettable, including their live performances unfortunately.

Nah, there were plenty bangers on the second album (Clearest Blue, Bury It, Never Ending Circles, Leave a Trace) and they upstaged New Order when they subbed them on the Other. 

There's no doubt the third album was a disappointment and they've stalled but prior to that they were on the right trajectory. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

I prefer Every Open Eye to Love Is Dead, by a large margin.  I think Clearest Blue is awesome.

The third album was such a disappointment though.

Seeing them tonight...

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Nah, there were plenty bangers on the second album (Clearest Blue, Bury It, Never Ending Circles, Leave a Trace) and they upstaged New Order when they subbed them on the Other. 

There's no doubt the third album was a disappointment and they've stalled but prior to that they were on the right trajectory. 

Subbed the other stage in 16 and I thought they did well,  new album is poor but i'm still going to see them on Monday. 

Certainly think they have lost a bit of stock since they last played so think the John Peel call is probably about right. 

On 1/31/2019 at 7:18 PM, kingcrawler said:

A new prediction for these post Macca times

FRI
Py:
Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Alice In Chains, Solange, Kamasi Washington, Jimmy Cliff, Ward Thomas, Hacienda Classical
OS: Foals, Cardi B, Hozier, Blossoms, AJ Tracey, Tom Grennan, Parquet Courts, Kate Nash, Doves
WH: Orbital, Groove Armada, The Cat Empire, Nao, Les Amazons D'Afrique, Lizzo, Nubya Garcia, BC Camplight
JP: Interpol, Chvrches, Charli XCX, Idles, Pale Waves, Ella Mai, Nilufer Yanya, The Japanese House, Fontaines DC, Hatchie
Pa: Mac DeMarco, Gruff Rhys, Maggie Rogers, Julia Holter, Jade Bird, Sunflower Bean, Kojey Radical, Boy Azooga, Mattiel

SAT
Py:
The Strokes, Ms. Lauryn Hill, Bastille, The Raconteurs, The Roots, Michael Kiwanuka, Omar Souleyman, Bearfur
OS: Chemical Brothers, Hot Chip, Courteeners, Suede, Sigrid, Gerry Cinnamon, Anna Calvi, Drenge, Lewis Capaldi
WH: Wu-Tang Clan, Jorja Smith, Maribou State, Toots & the Maytals, Fatoumata Diawara, Sons of Kemet, Octavian, Flohio
JP: Robyn, Jarvis Cocker, Spiritualized, Billie Eilish, Peace, Dermot Kennedy, King Princess, Ten Tonnes, Another Sky, Sea Girls
Pa: Young Fathers, John Grant, Stefflon Don, Freya Ridings, Angelique Kidjo: Remain In Light, Slowthai, Girlpool, Jimothy Lacoste, Black Midi

SUN
Py:
The Cure, Vampire Weekend, Janet Jackson, Kylie, Tom Odell, Kate Tempest, Ezra Collective, A Ballet
OS: The Streets, Christine & the Queens, Jess Glynne, The Wombats, Brockhampton, Sam Fender, Sundara Karma, Gang of Youths, She Drew the Gun
WH: Janelle Monae, Jungle, Average White Band, Nao, Caravan Palace, Kamaal Williams, Kikagaku Moyo, Zara McFarlane
JP: Jon Hopkins, Tash Sultana, Sharon Van Etten, Bear's Den, Fat White Family, Tom Walker, Isaac Gracie, Easy Life, ETC Winner
Pa: Lykke Li, Loyle Carner, Shame, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Lucy Dacus, Superorganism, Let's Eat Grandma, Stella Donnelly, Art School Girlfriend

Foals > Liam > Jade Bird > Tom Grennan > Doves

Young Fathers > Lauren Hill > The Raconteurs > Gerry Cinnamon 

The Streets > Vampire Weekend > The Wombats > She Drew the Gun

Could certainly deal with that.

Just gonna do one day at a time. 

Friday

Pyramid

Stormzy, The Weather Girls, Lets Zep, Nelly, Nelly Furtado, The Toy Dolls Tribute NellY the Elephant, Greta Van Fleet, Stormzy. 

Other Stage

Liam Gallagher, Beady Eye, The Vortex, Ride, Hawasis, The Rain, Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds, Gay Dad. 

West Holts

Janelle Monae, Groove Armada, Jungle, Jimmy Cliff, Zara McFarlane, Childish Gambino,  Mr Oizo, BC Camplight

John Peel

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard play consecutive sets from the albums that they wrote the night before. 

The Park

Tom Yorke, Motley Crue, The Thompson Brothers Band, Small Change: Tom Waites Tribute Band, Thomas Yorke, Tommy Chong Tom Odell, Tommy, A Tribute To Tommy Tomplinsons Band Tom and Jerry. 

On 22 January 2019 at 4:10 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

now then

Friday
Py: Stormzy, Janet Jackson, Solange, The Specials, Jarvis Cocker, Stefflon Don, Ibibio Sound Machine
OS: Tame Impala, Cardi B, Giggs, The Wombats, Sigrid, Tom Grennan, Anna Calvi, The Amazons, Richard Ashcroft
WH: Orbital, Chaka Khan, The John Butler Trio, Neneh Cherry, Rosalia, Noname
JP: Interpol, Friendly Fires, Idles, Rex Orange County, Pale Waves
Pa: Lykke Li, Benjamin Clementine, Julia Holter

Saturday
Py: The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Van Morrison, Doves, Tom Odell, Kamasi Washington, Joan Armatrading
OS: The Chemical Brothers, Hot Chip, Hozier, Brockhampton, Anne-Marie, Courtney Barnett, Miles Kane, Maggie Rogers, Nina Nesbitt
WH: Wu-Tang Clan, Jorja Smith, Pusha T, Toots and the Maytals, Kali Uchis, Jain
JP: Chvrches, Years and Years, Greta Van Fleet, Circa Waves, Shame
Pa: The Good the Bad and the Queen, John Grant, Nadine Shah

Sunday
Py: The Cure, Childish Gambino, George Ezra, Kylie, Tash Sultana, Kacey Musgraves, Ezra Collective
OS: The Streets, Jess Glynne, Lily Allen, Blossoms, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, You Me at Six, Gerry Cinnamon, Kate Nash, Estrons
WH: Janelle Monáe, Jungle, Chromeo, Nao, Fatouma Diawara, Sons of Kemet
JP: Jon Hopkins, Caribou, Dave, AJ Tracey, Kurt Vile and the Violators
Pa: Young Fathers, Django Django, Denzel Curry

Bolded the updates and what seems like it will happen. I cannot do one of these myself since I don't have good placement knowledge.

Edited by RarerThanDandyB
Missed Something

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Bolded the updates. I cannot do one of these myself since I don't have good placement knowledge.

I’d change a lot more than that if I were to do another one now.