2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

1 hour ago, Stokesy10 said:

Think I'd take it if that was dropped tomorrow. Not as many standouts as previous years for me but that's not a bad thing, plenty of time to explore the farm and listen to random new music.

Sunday would be a beast for me:

Nothing But Thieves (maybe)

Greta Van Fleet

Two Door Cinema Club

Kylie 

Hot Chip

The Chems

......Yes please!

I'd have 9 acts on there that I'd make effort to see, others probably wouldn't pull me away from other areas.

7 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Not convinced Gambino will do it but couldn't think of anyone better (assuming Lana ain't an option due to pulling her tour and Christine & The Queens is still too small). Hoppo could easily swap for Groove Armarda or Orbital or something else too.

EDIT: Idles may be a bit low. They seem to be getting crap placements at fests they are playing so idk

FRIDAY

Pyramid: Stormzy // Liam Gallagher // Iggy Pop // Solange // Tom Odell // Stefflon Don // Ibibio Sound Machine // ("Secret Opener" - Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds)
Other: Paolo Nutini // Clean Bandit // Richard Shatcroft // The Wombats // Kacey Musgraves // Miles Kane // ALMA // Yungblud // Bang Bang Romeo
West Holts: Jon Hopkins // The Blaze // Pusha T // Chromeo // Rosalia // Ezra Collective // Mahalia
John Peel: Interpol // Parquet Courts // Kamasi Washington // Rex Orange County // Car Seat Headrest // Clairo // MNEK // Pond // Rews
Park: Thom Yorke // Django Django // Slow Readers Club // Idles // Bradley Cooper // Dream Wife // Snail Mail // Boy Azooga

SATURDAY

Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Childish Gambino // Christine & The Queens // Jess Glynne // Cut Copy // Courtney Barnett // Joan Armatrading // Hacienda Classical
Other: The Streets // Cardi B // Rita Ora // Blossoms // Tom Grennan // Sigrid // Gerry Cinnamon // Nina Nesbitt // Lewis Capaldi
West Holts: Wu-Tang Clan // Jorja Smith // Kaytranda // Neneh Cherry // Parcels // Noname // Craig Charles (Funk & Soul Club DJ Set)
John Peel: FKA Twigs // Mura Masa // Charli XCX // NAO // King Princess // Yaeji // Let's Eat Grandma // Rae Morris // Yonaka
Park: The Good, The Bad & The Queen // Ezra Furman // Mitski // Drenge // Iglooghost // Slowthai // La Dispute // Now, Now

SUNDAY

Pyramid: The Cure // Vampire Weekend // George Ezra // Kylie Minogue // Two Door Cinema Club // Greta Van Fleet // Alice Merton // Random Local Choir
Other: The Chemical Brothers // Hot Chip // Years & Years // Lily Allen // AJ Tracey // Nothing But Thieves // Maggie Rodgers // Tom Walker // Black Honey
West Holts: Janelle Monae // Jungle // Carly Rae Jepsen // Kali Uchis // Tom Misch // Lizzo // Flohio
John Peel: Bonobo // Tash Sultana // Mogwai // Kurt Vile & The Violators // Shame // Lauv // Princess Nokia // Tove Styrke // KWAYE
Park: Young Fathers // SOPHIE // Superorganism // Modeselektor // Kero Kero Bonito // The Twilight Sad // Soccer Mommy // Jade Bird

May as well follow what @joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo and create a legitish looking poster to go with it:

GLASTO5.thumb.png.7058109ca6d0a3d9b1c3e5be97c668af.png

its got as far as Glastonbury chat ... so expect somerset live to asking for an interview soon :) followed by nme 

1 hour ago, Stokesy10 said:

9 isn't bad going at all. I see roughly 19, not taking a couple of clashes into consideration, if that was the actual line-up.

It doesn't bother me how many I have at Glasto as long as I have something. I've got two more years to get a ticket and find places hidden I haven't.

Edited by thewayiam

40 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It doesn't bother me how many I have at Glasto as long as I have something. I've got two more years to get a ticket and find places hidden I haven't.

Completely agree. Even though I can see a big chunk I'd want to see, no way on earth am I watching 18 acts in 3/4 days with all the other exploring to do. This will be my 5th and I'm much more excited about finding new places, showing my brother (newbie) around, and chilling in my favourite spots taking it all in, than I am about the music. 

(Unless Kaiser Chiefs are playing then that really changes everything.)

2 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Completely agree. Even though I can see a big chunk I'd want to see, no way on earth am I watching 18 acts in 3/4 days with all the other exploring to do. This will be my 5th and I'm much more excited about finding new places, showing my brother (newbie) around, and chilling in my favourite spots taking it all in, than I am about the music. 

(Unless Kaiser Chiefs are playing then that really changes everything.)

A ticket would be nice haha

Not to be a debbie downer but the undercard might not be as strong as that

but then... I can’t really count out any apart from ones like Iggy Pop who are debated every year.

I think when it you put it like that, we could have a real strong year for undercard 

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Not to be a debbie downer but the undercard might not be as strong as that

but then... I can’t really count out any apart from ones like Iggy Pop who are debated every year.

I think when it you put it like that, we could have a real strong year for undercard 

Cheers Matt....

Edited by sisco
  • Upvote 3

Due to recent news of no Macca and a few more rumours and people touring I thought I'd give this another bash based on who's about and rumoured, I don't necessarily like half of these acts and  won't be a complete day run through just like the top 3 of each stage.  Apologies if I've made a mistake in intepreting what music belongs at what stages I've only been in 2017

Friday

Pyramid- Stormzy, Liam Gallagher(Can't see two rap acts on in a row sadly), Bastille

Other - Wolf Alice, Paolo Nutini, Frank Turner

John Peel - Interpol, Bloc Party, The Wombats (I know all three of these are around but this is also mega wishful thinking, friday night sorted for me)

West Holts- Hot Chip,Jorja Smith, Jungle

The Park- Courtney Barnett, Pond, Dirty Projectors

Saturday

Pyramid- The Strokes, Childish Gambino(the dream headline and sub slot for me), Noel Gallagher

Other - The Streets, Cardi B, Wolfmother

John Peel - Weezer, Danny Brown, Idles

West Holts- Wu Tang Clan, Christine and the Queens, Jpegmafia

The Park-  Jarvis Cocker, Mac Demarco, Julien Baker

Sunday 

Pyramid-  The Cure, Vampire Weekend, Kylie Minogue

Other- The Chemical Brothers, Carly Rae Jepsen, Pusha T

John peel- The Good The Bad and The Queen, Two Door Cinema Club, Kurt Vile

West Holts - Janelle Monae, Fka Twigs, Earl Sweatshirt

The Park - Ezra Furman, Alvvays, Homeshake

All of those acts are active from April to July in Europe or at rumoured to be at glastonbury I think

1 minute ago, OddRon said:

Due to recent news of no Macca and a few more rumours and people touring I thought I'd give this another bash based on who's about and rumoured, I don't necessarily like half of these acts and  won't be a complete day run through just like the top 3 of each stage.  Apologies if I've made a mistake in intepreting what music belongs at what stages I've only been in 2017

Friday

Pyramid- Stormzy, Liam Gallagher(Can't see two rap acts on in a row sadly), Bastille

John Peel - Interpol, Bloc Party, The Wombats (I know all three of these are around but this is also mega wishful thinking, friday night sorted for me)

Saturday

Pyramid- The Strokes, Childish Gambino(the dream headline and sub slot for me), Noel Gallagher

Sunday 

All of those acts are active from April to July in Europe or at rumoured to be at glastonbury I think

Gambino/Danny Brown/Mac Demarco clash hurts my soul , and Strokes/Weezer/Wu Tang isn't great either ?

Just now, thrillhouse188 said:

Gambino/Danny Brown/Mac Demarco clash hurts my soul , and Strokes/Weezer/Wu Tang isn't great either ?

Ha I can see why festivals struggle with lineup clashes now I love Gambino, Danny and Mac as well as Strokes and Weezer, didn't even notice I had them clashing

51 minutes ago, OddRon said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday 

Weezer has a London show on the Saturday, but praying they’re playing Sunday (not clashing with The Cure tho)

Probably miles off on a few of these things;

Friday:

Pyramid: Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Solange, Christine and the Queens

Other: Tame Impala, Bombay Bycycle Club, Richard Ashcroft, The Wombats

West Holts: Hot Chip, Pusha T, FKA Twigs

John Peel: You Me at Six, NAO, Carly Rae Jepson

Park: Thom Yorke, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Pond

Saturday:

Pyramid: The Strokes, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, Cardi B, Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls

Other: The Streets , Lilly Allen, Nothing But Thieves, Charli XCX

West Holts: Wu Tang Clan, Jorja Smith, Scarlxrd

John Peel: Ian Brown, Idles, Rat Boy

Park: AJ Tracey, Mac DeMarco, SG Lewis

Sunday:

Pyramid: The Cure, Catfish and the Bottlemen, George Ezra, Kylie Minogue

Other: The Chemical Brothers, Clean Bandit, Rita Ora, Maximo Park

West Holts: Janelle Monáe, Brockhampton, Luis Fonsi

John Peel: Weezer, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, Tom Grennan

Park: Jarvis Cocker, The Japanese House, American Football

Edited by TKOCF