2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I know what you mean. I suppose that’s the problem with fallow years but 2013 turned out alright, though admittedly I’ve got no idea who was touring around then and didn’t play.

Was a relatively weak year, come to think about it. The Friday Pyramid lineup looks like the type of running order I keep coming up with for next year.

20 hours ago, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

Thought I'd give it a go (stole the background from one of the posters on here lol)

GLASTO19.png

I’d be over the moon with The Kinks,  Iggy, Beach Boys and Lauryn Hill (as well as the more likely Macca, Robyn, Chems, Hot Chip and Orbital). May be a bit too good to be likely (hoping i’m proved wrong) 

ok lets go

Py: Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Solange, The Specials, The Wombats, Stefflon Don, Ibibio Sound Machine, Hacienda Classical
OS: Wolf Alice, Paolo Nutini, Interpol, Suede, Sigrid, Sundara Karma, Peace, Kate Nash, Doves
WH: Orbital, Jungle, The Internet, Nao, Neneh Cherry, The Comet is Coming, Imarhan, Hannah Peel Tubular Orchestra
JP: Thom Yorke TMB, Anne Marie, Greta Van Fleet, Beach House, Pale Waves, The Magic Gang, Let's Eat Grandma, King Princess, Foxing, Muncie Girls
Pa: Lykke Li, Idles, Mabel, Mitski, Jonathan Wilson, Baxter Dury, Jade Bird, Goat Girl, Middle Kids
Ac: Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets

Py: Paul McCartney, Christine & the Queens, Van Morrison, Rag 'n' Bone Man, The Proclaimers, Protoje, Ward Thomas, A Brass Band
OS: The Streets, Cardi B, Richard Ashcroft, Blossoms, Brockhampton, Miles Kane, Anna Calvi, The Amazons, Lewis Capaldi
WH: Wu Tang Clan, Jorja Smith, Chromeo, Bomba Estereo, Kali Uchis, Dele Sosimi Afrobeat Orchestra, Jain, Kokoko!
JP: Jon Hopkins, Friendly Fires, Kaytranada, Billie Eilish, Yungblud, Easy Life, Dream Wife, Sea Girls, Etc Winner
Pa: Beirut, Django Django, Angelique Kidjo: Remain in Light, Rolling Blackouts CF, Ella Mai, Freya Ridings, Confidence Man, Flohio, Stella Donnelly
Ac: Joan Armatrading

Py: The Cure, Lana Del Rey, George Ezra, Kylie, Tom Odell, Corinne Bailey Rae, Nubya Garcia, Some Local Choir
OS: The Chemical Brothers, Hot Chip, Jess Glynne, Hozier, Tom Grennan, You Me at Six, Gerry Cinnamon, Drenge, Picture This
WH: Janelle Monae, Tash Sultana, Pusha T, Toots and the Maytals, Fatoumata Diawara, Sons of Kemet, Kikagaku Moyo, United Vibrations
JP: Chvrches, Years & Years, Mogwai, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Shame, Rosalia, Sam Fender, Another Sky, Dermot Kennedy
Pa: Young Fathers, Benjamin Clementine, Julia Holter, BC Camplight, Snail Mail, Sunflower Bean, Boy Azooga, Mattiel, 77:78
Ac: Mott the Hoople

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

ok lets go

Py: Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Solange, The Specials, The Wombats, Stefflon Don, Ibibio Sound Machine, Hacienda Classical
OS: Wolf Alice, Paolo Nutini, Interpol, Suede, Sigrid, Sundara Karma, Peace, Kate Nash, Doves
WH: Orbital, Jungle, The Internet, Nao, Neneh Cherry, The Comet is Coming, Imarhan, Hannah Peel Tubular Orchestra
JP: Thom Yorke TMB, Anne Marie, Greta Van Fleet, Beach House, Pale Waves, The Magic Gang, Let's Eat Grandma, King Princess, Foxing, Muncie Girls
Pa: Lykke Li, Idles, Mabel, Mitski, Jonathan Wilson, Baxter Dury, Jade Bird, Goat Girl, Middle Kids

Py: Paul McCartney, Christine & the Queens, Van Morrison, Rag 'n' Bone Man, The Proclaimers, Protoje, Ward Thomas, A Brass Band
OS: The Streets, Cardi B, Richard Ashcroft, Blossoms, Brockhampton, Miles Kane, Anna Calvi, The Amazons, Lewis Capaldi
WH: Wu Tang Clan, Jorja Smith, Chromeo, Bomba Estereo, Kali Uchis, Dele Sosimi Afrobeat Orchestra, Jain, Kokoko!
JP: Jon Hopkins, Friendly Fires, Kaytranada, Billie Eilish, Yungblud, Easy Life, Dream Wife, Sea Girls, Etc Winner
Pa: Beirut, Django Django, Angelique Kidjo: Remain in Light, Rolling Blackouts CF, Ella Mai, Freya Ridings, Confidence Man, Flohio, Stella Donnelly

Py: The Cure, Lana Del Rey, George Ezra, Kylie, Tom Odell, Corinne Bailey Rae, Nubya Garcia, Some Local Choir
OS: The Chemical Brothers, Hot Chip, Jess Glynne, Hozier, Tom Grennan, You Me at Six, Gerry Cinnamon, Drenge, Picture This
WH: Janelle Monae, Tash Sultana, Pusha T, Toots and the Maytals, Fatoumata Diawara, Sons of Kemet, Kikagaku Moyo, United Vibrations
JP: Chvrches, Years & Years, Mogwai, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Shame, Rosalia, Sam Fender, Another Sky, Dermot Kennedy
Pa: Young Fathers, Benjamin Clementine, Julia Holter, BC Camplight, Snail Mail, Sunflower Bean, Boy Azooga, Mattiel, 77:78

Friday and Sunday look ace, Saturday is pretty bleak during the day.

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

ok lets go

As usual Dental, an intelligent and totally feasible prediction full of horrific clashes

17 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I don't think that lineup's quite as bad as you were fearing anyway. Sunday evening and Friday are pretty stacked for me, and as usual there's still enough going on the rest of the time.

Yeah I decided to be a bit more optimistic. Amazing what the absence of Courteeners and The Kooks can do. :P

Just now realising that I have Gerry Cinnamon on a day he's otherwise engaged in London (unless he has a helicopter under that hat) and that I've completely bloody missed off TGTBTQ, FKA twigs and Twilight Sad (although they could play Williams Green quite comfortably) so coulda been a little bit better than the above.

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I decided to be a bit more optimistic. Amazing what the absence of Courteeners and The Kooks can do. :P

Just now realising that I have Gerry Cinnamon on a day he's otherwise engaged in London (unless he has a helicopter under that hat) and that I've completely bloody missed off TGTBTQ, FKA twigs and Twilight Sad (although they could play Williams Green quite comfortably) so coulda been a little bit better than the above.

I love it. Esp the Park stage. And Hot Chip. And Let’s Eat Gramdma. Damn it, it’s all good. I don’t care about clashes in fantasy world. I’m gonna teleport from stage to stage.

Btw, you look different. Have you had something done to your hair? 

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

ok lets go

Hot Chip into Chemical Brothers would be quite the night out. I’m in.

4 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I love it. Esp the Park stage. And Hot Chip. And Let’s Eat Gramdma. Damn it, it’s all good. I don’t care about clashes in fantasy world. I’m gonna teleport from stage to stage.

Btw, you look different. Have you had something done to your hair? 

Yes I've put on a few over Christmas but eh, what ya gonna do...

Oh you mean my picture.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Friday and Sunday look ace, Saturday is pretty bleak during the day.

Friday - Orbital vs Nick Mason vs Thom Yorke = awful clash

Saturday - Macca vs Wu vs Hopkins = awful clash.

Sunday - Seen the chemical brothers a lot. Twice on that stage. They are the only act there that I am a fan of. I'd probably check The Cure out.

New year new prediction. Not been keeping up with things on here the past couple of weeks so apologies if there's anything that's been ruled out/doesn't work etc. Also nabbed a few ideas from Dental.

Py: Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Solange, The Specials, Tom Odell, Stefflon Don, Salif Keita
OS: Wolf Alice, Jess Glynne, Hot Chip, The Wombats, Sigrid, Courtney Barnett, Gerry Cinnamon, The Amazons, Manic Street Preachers
WH: Orbital, Jungle, Pusha T, Toots & the Maytals, Ibeyi, Noname
JP: Doves, Friendly Fires, Greta Van Fleet, Billie Eilish, Pale Waves
Pa: Lykke Li, Neneh Cherry, Rosalia

Py: Paul McCartney, Christine & the Queens, Iggy Pop, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Proclaimers, Kamasi Washington, Joan Armatrading
OS: The Chemical Brothers, Cardi B, Richard Ashcroft, Blossoms, Anne-Marie, Tom Grennan, Miles Kane, Maggie Rogers, Nina Nesbitt
WH: Wu-Tang Clan, Chaka Khan, The John Butler Trio, Nao, Fatouma Diawara, Jain
JP: Silk City, Caribou, Dave, AJ Tracey, Shame
Pa: Idles, Django Django, Nadine Shah

Py: The Cure, The Streets, George Ezra, Kylie Minogue, Tash Sultana, Kacey Musgraves, Ezra Collective
OS: Disclosure, Paolo Nutini, Lily Allen, Brockhampton, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, You Me at Six, The Coral, Kate Nash, Estrons
WH: Janelle Monáe, Jorja Smith, Chromeo, Laura Mvula, Kali Uchis, Sons of Kemet
JP: Chvrches, Years & Years, Kaytranada, Beach House, Car Seat Headrest
Pa: Young Fathers, Rex Orange County, Denzel Curry