2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

53 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I remember someone posted about it ages ago but I don’t think it was info or anything. I think it would work quite well, similar to Charli XCX last year. Get them early on Other then a Williams Green set later on for the hardcore. 

Charlotte 90 10 has a bunch of massive, worldwide hits though, and had already played in the evening on the John Peel Stage. Confidence Man may come with a similar promise of fun but they're balling on different leagues. Would rather see them on the Park or John Peel with the initiated rather than among hangers on from Travis or whatever shouting about how "Nige, Nige... is this the Ting Tings? Fort it wor the Ting Tings".

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Charlotte 90 10 has a bunch of massive, worldwide hits though, and had already played in the evening on the John Peel Stage. Confidence Man may come with a similar promise of fun but they're balling on different leagues. Would rather see them on the Park or John Peel with the initiated rather than among hangers on from Travis or whatever shouting about how "Nige, Nige... is this the Ting Tings? Fort it wor the Ting Tings".

I don’t know, I think they’re infectious enough that people would be into it. To be fair the only time I’ve seen them was at 3am, I guess playing at lunchtime to people just getting out their tents is a different matter. 

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Can you just go to different stages instead of campaigning for all your faves to play the Pyramid?

Tbh there's basically no situation where I'd rather an act I like play the Other than the Pyramid, unless we're talking headline set vs 3rd down/sub or whatever. Just more exciting to see cool people play The Iconic Pyramid Stage than the other one.

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

No why would they?

Given they have confirmed two July dates in Spain (more to come so far) and the rumours of a return for weeks/months, you don't think they would have been considered to play next summer? 

3 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Given they have confirmed two July dates in Spain (more to come so far) and the rumours of a return for weeks/months, you don't think they would have been considered to play next summer? 

They've been around since 2001 and have never played as far as I'm aware, so not sure why they would be in contention now. There's obviously a reason they've never been booked, likely due to the size of the fee, especially now their size has seemingly dwindled down below Pyramid headline level. 

I'd love to see them there, headliner or another slot but I just can't see it happening. 

8 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Considered, maybe. But the headliners are known and they can't afford to book The Strokes otherwise so it seems like they'd be a unrealistic prediction.

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Considered, maybe. But the headliners are known and they can't afford to book The Strokes otherwise so it seems like they'd be a unrealistic prediction.

Don't think I stated headline only :P

13 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

It can't be any worse than when you had us all believing Kaiser Chiefs were subbing.

You act like we don't have Liam Gallagher TBC to sub the Pyramid, singing songs - either written by his brother or his solo career brain trust - entirely through his nose.

But nah what I mean is, if you're like me you'll put in your obvious names first - British acts playing around the time who appear on every album tour - and this time it seems like there are so fucking many of those that you're trying to scoop water out of the boat with every act you put in afterwards.

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You act like we don't have Liam Gallagher TBC to sub the Pyramid, singing songs - either written by his brother or his solo career brain trust - entirely through his nose.

But nah what I mean is, if you're like me you'll put in your obvious names first - British acts playing around the time who appear on every album tour - and this time it seems like there are so fucking many of those that you're trying to scoop water out of the boat with every act you put in afterwards.

I want to see it!! Dooooooo it 

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I know what you mean. I suppose that’s the problem with fallow years but 2013 turned out alright, though admittedly I’ve got no idea who was touring around then and didn’t play.