2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Them reuniting to play fifth down the Pyramid is completely inconceivable tho.

Dunno, that's what TDCC got in 2016 after being 3rd down Other in 2013, which is the same slot BBC last had in 2014. I definitely think they could be given a bigger slot on their return, but it doesn't seem too ridiculous to me.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Dunno, that's what TDCC got in 2016 after being 3rd down Other in 2013, which is the same slot BBC last had in 2014. I definitely think they could be given a bigger slot on their return, but it doesn't seem too ridiculous to me.

Yeah but I don’t think Two Door was a planned hiatus - I think some other stuff was going on - and they had to work their way back up. Bombay left off at a high point and no reason to think they won’t be well in demand upon return, especially if they’re being coaxed away from their preferred side projects to make some bank.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah but I don’t think Two Door was a planned hiatus - I think some other stuff was going on - and they had to work their way back up. Bombay left off at a high point and no reason to think they won’t be well in demand upon return, especially if they’re being coaxed away from their preferred side projects to make some bank.

Yeah fair enough, they're a tough one to place. 5th Pyramid wouldn't surprise me, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they were as high as 3rd Pyramid or Other sub. I guess you could swap Paak and BBC in my prediction.

On 10/24/2018 at 10:06 AM, Hawros said:

I was sad they didn't play it - if they had have done, not sure of the reaction, given the mud that morning...

The mud at the front of the stage was epic, no matter how much straw and wood chips they put down it was still like quicksand. Delayed the start of the set and I reckon they just cut out sit down and went straight to laid, my favourite anyway,,

james were a better opener on the other than the pretenders. Always like a classic band on the Friday morning. The Kinks would be great or even the kaisers. A good old sing a long. 

3 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Here's my attempt:

Friday
Py: Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Dua Lipa, Anderson .Paak, Bombay Bicycle Club, Idles, Salif Keita
OS: Aphex Twin, Jamie xx, Giggs, Blossoms, Frank Carter, Courtney Barnett, AJ Tracey, Confidence Man, Manic Street Preachers
WH: Alabama Shakes, Jorja Smith, Young Fathers, Laura Mvula, Ibeyi, Noname
JP: The Vaccines, Editors, Beach House, Stefflon Don, Honne
Pa: Jarvis Cocker, Neneh Cherry, Rosalia

Saturday
Py: The Cure, Childish Gambino, Iggy Pop, Solange, Cheryl Crow, Kamasi Washington, Joan Armatrading
OS: Disclosure, Weezer, Tom Odell, Brockhampton, Anne-Marie, Tom Grennan, Miles Kane, Maggie Rogers, Nina Nesbitt
WH: Run-DMC, Chaka Khan, Tom Misch, Toots & the Maytals, Fatouma Diawara, Ella 
Mai
JP: Christine & the Queens, Mura Masa, Charli xcx, Pale Waves, Car Seat Headrest
Pa: My Bloody Valentine, Django Django, Nadine Shah

Sunday
Py: Paul McCartney, Vampire Weekend, George Ezra, Kylie Minogue, Tash Sultana, Kacey Musgraves, Villagers
OS: The Streets, Jess Glynne, Years & Years, The Wombats, Leon Bridges, Sigrid, The Coral, Gerry Cinnamon, Estrons
WH: Orbital, Jungle, The John Butler Trio, Blood Orange, IamDDB
JP: Lily Allen, Caribou, Dave, Parquet Courts, Shame
Pa: Nao, Rex Orange County, Denzel Curry

Friday lot of time at wh sat mainly pyramid . Sun all over the place 

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

So as we stand, my best guess and there are a huge number of gaps here because I don't actually know many acts for the smaller stages...

Friday:

PY - Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Dua Lipa, Lynnrd Skrnnrd

Other - The Streets, Courteeners, Blossoms,

JP - Interpol, IDLES, Shame

WH - Lauren Hill

Park - Jarvis, Let's Eat Grandma

Saturday:

PY - The Cure, Childish Gambino, War on Drugs, Solange

Other - Kraftwerk, LDR, Weezer

JP - The Vaccines, Jungle, Parquet Courts, Confidence Man

WH - Jon Hopkins,

Park - ?

Sunday:

PY - Macca, NGHFB, George Ezra, Kylie, Sheryl Crow

Other - Chemical Bros, Vampire Weekend, Hot Chip

JP - Chvrches, BRMC

WH - Orbital,

Park - Slayer, My Bloody Valentine

Nice! Surely Richard Ashcroft can fit somewhere in there, britpop is never too much

23 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

So as we stand, my best guess and there are a huge number of gaps here because I don't actually know many acts for the smaller stages...

Friday:

PY - Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Dua Lipa, Lynnrd Skrnnrd

Other - The Streets, Courteeners, Blossoms,

JP - Interpol, IDLES, Shame

WH - Lauren Hill

Park - Jarvis, Let's Eat Grandma

Saturday:

PY - The Cure, Childish Gambino, War on Drugs, Solange

Other - Kraftwerk, LDR, Weezer

JP - The Vaccines, Jungle, Parquet Courts, Confidence Man

WH - Jon Hopkins,

Park - ?

Sunday:

PY - Macca, NGHFB, George Ezra, Kylie, Sheryl Crow

Other - Chemical Bros, Vampire Weekend, Hot Chip

JP - Chvrches, BRMC

WH - Orbital,

Park - Slayer, My Bloody Valentine

SLAAAYERRR! 

Seeing them in Newcastle tonight but Park stage would be incredible 

21 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Apparently they're back next year. Can't remember where the rumour started, but it doesn't seem inconceivable.

I had a press release. They are def back next summer for 'festivals'

Stormzy
Liam Gallagher
Dua Lipa

LDR
Jess Glynne

The Cure
Lady Gaga
Ariana Grande

Vampire Weekend
Wolf Alice

Macca
Noel Gallagher
George Ezra
Kylie
Sheryl Crow

The Streets
Pendulum

struggling to fit The Chem Bro's in, though most of you probably drop Gaga, bump Ariana, slip VW up to 3rd Pyramid and there they fit. If LDR subbed main which I doubt, under The Cure would be least favorite I think.

7 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Stormzy
Liam Gallagher
Dua Lipa

LDR
Jess Glynne

The Cure
Lady Gaga
Ariana Grande

Vampire Weekend
Wolf Alice

Macca
Noel Gallagher
George Ezra
Kylie
Sheryl Crow

The Streets
Pendulum

struggling to fit The Chem Bro's in, though most of you probably drop Gaga, bump Ariana, slip VW up to 3rd Pyramid and there they fit. If LDR subbed main which I doubt, under The Cure would be least favorite I think.

Wolf Alice won’t be active next summer. They certainly won’t play four festivals in a row.

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I stand corrected, although they were making noises about their Xmas gigs being the end of the VOAL tour. I suppose the Mercury Prize might have changed their minds.

Would be a quick turnaround but they could always have a new album in the works for release next year. Would be pretty underwhelming if they headlined Other off the back of an almost two year old album and tbh I don't really see it happening.

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I stand corrected, although they were making noises about their Xmas gigs being the end of the VOAL tour. I suppose the Mercury Prize might have changed their minds.

He did say he didn’t know if they were going to do it though, decision in the new year.  

I’d guess they were planning a break but being offered that slot maybe hard to turn down

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

That's why I put them in but as a sub as I don't see Other headliner as yet.

The info was Headliner.  They either won’t play to have a break as expected or they headline.  Surely there’s no point in no having a break to sub it?

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Agreed, but I didn't see that happening but in this case just switch them and VW around.

Vampire Weekend aren't gonna sub Wolf Alice on the Other, and tbh I think it's more likely that they won't be at the festival next year, maybe because APE got them instead. Hopefully I'm wrong though as I'm really hoping for them.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Vampire Weekend aren't gonna sub Wolf Alice on the Other, and tbh I think it's more likely that they won't be at the festival next year, maybe because APE got them instead. Hopefully I'm wrong though as I'm really hoping for them.

Well no, I thought surely if Wolf Alice are going to headline Other then so can VW. If LDR though is headlining Latitude, is she more likely to be a usual if you can top that then Other headliner is likely or more a Maccabees booking where one of the 3 sometimes could take a slot lower...I don't see her at Pyramid sub/Other headliner level yet so I'll change that.

11 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Stormzy
Liam Gallagher
Dua Lipa

Wolf Alice
Jess Glynne

The Cure
Ariana Grande
?

Vampire Weekend
LDR

Macca
Noel Gallagher
George Ezra
Kylie
Sheryl Crow

The Streets
Pendulum

If Wolf Alice don't play then swap with VW and The Chem Bros Other headliner Saturday night

@FloorFiller not sure who to put in Saturday 3rd, maybe someone like Van Morrison.