2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Huh? They didnt play it, or either of the other two I grouped it with. That's why they were separate from the first two, not because I don't know them. I'm saying that when they were booked the organisers will have known that they have like 5 songs that a lot of people know, even though they didn't end up playing a few of em.

Sorry I didn’t actually read what you wrote. 

3 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

This is what I got. Could do with a bit of shuffle here and there but you get the idea.

Friday
Py: Lady Gaga, The Streets, Iggy Pop, Anderson .Paak. Bombay Bicycle Club, Idles, Salif Keita
OS: Aphex Twin, Jamie xx, Giggs, Blossoms, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Courtney Barnett, AJ Tracey, Confidence Man, Bloc Party
WH: Alabama Shakes, Jorja Smith, Young Fathers, Laura Mvula, Ibeyi
JP: The Vaccines, Editors, Beach House, Dave, Honne
Pa: Jarvis Cocker, Sophie

Saturday
Py: The Cure, Liam Gallagher, Dua Lipa, Solange, Billy Ocean, Kamasi Washington, Joan Armatrading
OS: Lana Del Rey, Weezer, Years & Years, The Wombats, Anne-Marie, Tom Grennan, Miles Kane, Maggie Rogers, Nina Nesbitt
WH: Groove Armada, Chaka Khan, Tom Misch, Blood Orange, Fatouma Diawara
JP: Christine & the Queens, Mura Masa, Vince Staples, Pale Waves, Car Seat Headrest
Pa: Bicep LIVE, Django Django

Sunday
Py: Paul McCartney, Lauryn Hill, George Ezra, Kylie Minogue, Tash Sultana, Greta Van Fleet, Kate Tempest
OS: Disclosure, Jess Glynne, Tom Odell, Brockhampton, Leon Bridges, Sigrid, Fickle Friends, The Magic Gang, Estrons
WH: Orbital, Jungle, The John Butler Trio, Toots & the Maytals, IamDDB
JP: Lily Allen, Caribou, Charli xcx, Parquet Courts, Shame
Pa: Loyle Carner, Rex Orange County

Starting the festival with an Idles v Confidence Man clash is beyond cruel.

3 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I mean, I know naff all about James but even I knew two songs from that set (Laid and Getting Away With It), and they obviously have a couple more that a lot of people know (Sit Down, She's a Star, Born of Frustration), which means people will turn up to give them a casual watch at 11am whilst eating breakfast.

My point wasn't about how many songs people know, though, it was about the type of band they are. They're not really chilled out background kinda music that a couple of decades-worth of people are aware of like James/The Charlatans are. No one can be arsed to listen to Helicopter when you're dying of a hangover after 4 hours sleep.

I beg to differ! Would be an excellent start to the music for me and I'd bet many others. A good old smack in the face after demolishing a cup of tea and bacon and egg sandwich, followed by a gin and pineapple juice and some Blocc Party? Bostin'!

Not that I think this is happening at all.

10 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

I beg to differ! Would be an excellent start to the music for me and I'd bet many others. A good old smack in the face after demolishing a cup of tea and bacon and egg sandwich, followed by a gin and pineapple juice and some Blocc Party? Bostin'!

Not that I think this is happening at all

I would also love it! Not sure I've actually seen any of those opening acts for one reason or another. I would 100% go to Bloc Party :)

I may have on at least one hungover occasion listened to Banquet on repeat for more plays than is acceptable....

19 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I would also love it! Not sure I've actually seen any of those opening acts for one reason or another. I would 100% go to Bloc Party :)

I may have on at least one hungover occasion listened to Banquet on repeat for more plays than is acceptable....

Anything would be better than the turge that The Charlatans or Beady Eye put out. Christ. Blocc Party would be immense.

• 3 weeks later...

So as we stand, my best guess and there are a huge number of gaps here because I don't actually know many acts for the smaller stages...

Friday:

PY - Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Dua Lipa, Lynnrd Skrnnrd

Other - The Streets, Courteeners, Blossoms,

JP - Interpol, IDLES, Shame

WH - Lauren Hill

Park - Jarvis, Let's Eat Grandma

Saturday:

PY - The Cure, Childish Gambino, War on Drugs, Solange

Other - Kraftwerk, LDR, Weezer

JP - The Vaccines, Jungle, Parquet Courts, Confidence Man

WH - Jon Hopkins,

Park - ?

Sunday:

PY - Macca, NGHFB, George Ezra, Kylie, Sheryl Crow

Other - Chemical Bros, Vampire Weekend, Hot Chip

JP - Chvrches, BRMC

WH - Orbital,

Park - Slayer, My Bloody Valentine

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

So as we stand, my best guess and there are a huge number of gaps here because I don't actually know many acts for the smaller stages...

Friday:

PY - Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Dua Lipa, Lynnrd Skrnnrd

Other - The Streets, Courteeners, Blossoms,

JP - Interpol, IDLES, Shame

WH - Lauren Hill

Park - Jarvis, Let's Eat Grandma

Saturday:

PY - The Cure, Childish Gambino, War on Drugs, Solange

Other - Kraftwerk, LDR, Weezer

JP - The Vaccines, Jungle, Parquet Courts, Confidence Man

WH - Jon Hopkins,

Park - ?

Sunday:

PY - Macca, NGHFB, George Ezra, Kylie, Sheryl Crow

Other - Chemical Bros, Vampire Weekend, Hot Chip

JP - Chvrches, BRMC

WH - Orbital,

Park - Slayer, My Bloody Valentine

Jarvis, Liam, Dua Lipa

The Cure, LDR, Weezer

Macca, NG, Avalon Bar session, Kylie 

I'll take that.

I'm getting behind the idea if Noel playing Other opener though if that's where he has pointed out he'd like to.

I have a horrible feeling that Richard Ashcroft may play 3rd Other opposite Dua Lipa

Here's my attempt:

Friday
Py: Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Dua Lipa, Anderson .Paak, Bombay Bicycle Club, Idles, Salif Keita
OS: Aphex Twin, Jamie xx, Giggs, Blossoms, Frank Carter, Courtney Barnett, AJ Tracey, Confidence Man, Manic Street Preachers
WH: Alabama Shakes, Jorja Smith, Young Fathers, Laura Mvula, Ibeyi, Noname
JP: The Vaccines, Editors, Beach House, Stefflon Don, Honne
Pa: Jarvis Cocker, Neneh Cherry, Rosalia

Saturday
Py: The Cure, Childish Gambino, Iggy Pop, Solange, Cheryl Crow, Kamasi Washington, Joan Armatrading
OS: Disclosure, Weezer, Tom Odell, Brockhampton, Anne-Marie, Tom Grennan, Miles Kane, Maggie Rogers, Nina Nesbitt
WH: Run-DMC, Chaka Khan, Tom Misch, Toots & the Maytals, Fatouma Diawara, Ella 
Mai
JP: Christine & the Queens, Mura Masa, Charli xcx, Pale Waves, Car Seat Headrest
Pa: My Bloody Valentine, Django Django, Nadine Shah

Sunday
Py: Paul McCartney, Vampire Weekend, George Ezra, Kylie Minogue, Tash Sultana, Kacey Musgraves, Villagers
OS: The Streets, Jess Glynne, Years & Years, The Wombats, Leon Bridges, Sigrid, The Coral, Gerry Cinnamon, Estrons
WH: Orbital, Jungle, The John Butler Trio, Blood Orange, IamDDB
JP: Lily Allen, Caribou, Dave, Parquet Courts, Shame
Pa: Nao, Rex Orange County, Denzel Curry

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Here's my attempt:

Friday
Py: Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Dua Lipa, Anderson .Paak, Bombay Bicycle Club, Idles, Salif Keita
OS: Aphex Twin, Jamie xx, Giggs, Blossoms, Frank Carter, Courtney Barnett, AJ Tracey, Confidence Man, Manic Street Preachers

Saturday
Py: The Cure, Childish Gambino, Iggy Pop, Solange, Cheryl Crow, Kamasi Washington, Joan Armatrading
OS: Disclosure, Weezer, Tom Odell, Brockhampton, Anne-Marie, Tom Grennan, Miles Kane, Maggie Rogers, Nina Nesbitt
Mai
JP: Christine & the Queens, Mura Masa, Charli xcx, Pale Waves, Car Seat Headrest

Sunday
Py: Paul McCartney, Vampire Weekend, George Ezra, Kylie Minogue, Tash Sultana, Kacey Musgraves, Villagers
OS: The Streets, Jess Glynne, Years & Years, The Wombats, Leon Bridges, Sigrid, The Coral, Gerry Cinnamon, Estrons

If this is it, I need you kind folk to do me a resale attempt. I'm likely to be on a plane at the time but no way I wanna miss this.

11 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Here's my attempt:

Friday

Saturday
Mai

Sunday

Yep im in! But where has the Bombay Bicycle Club rumour come from?

4 minutes ago, Wakey321 said:

Yep im in! But where has the Bombay Bicycle Club rumour come from?

Apparently they're back next year. Can't remember where the rumour started, but it doesn't seem inconceivable.

15 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Here's my attempt:

Friday

Saturday
Mai

Sunday

Definitely stick with this one! Although Saturday would be an all dayer at the Pyramid.

Friday - Manics > Confidence Man > Courtney Barnett > Dua Lipa > LG > Jarvis.

Saturday: Car Seat Headrest > Sheryl Crow > Solange >Iggy Pop > Childish Gambino (and try to squeeze some Weezer in) > The Cure

Sunday: Shame > Parquet Courts > Kylie > Vampire Weekend > Macca

That would be a great weekend.