2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

On 10/16/2018 at 2:13 PM, dentalplan said:

its ya boi

Untitled.thumb.png.b135864934449c26b8d8e66f3f6c07b5.png

edit: just realised this format is probably worthless to phone users. Sorry peeps.

Friday - Robyn vs CHVRCHES would be a stinker of a clash and would have to be a 'decide on the day' effort. In for Jamie xx before though

Saturday - Would be Kenny vs Interpol. Saw both last year and despite neither blowing me away would give them both another chance. Would imagine Kenny would be the choice after a quick jog from The Park watching Shame.

Sunday - Most likely the Chems again provided I had the energy to boogie. Would like to see Weezer too, haven't seen them live before.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:13 PM, dentalplan said:

its ya boi

edit: just realised this format is probably worthless to phone users. Sorry peeps.

Beach House > Neneh Cherry > Robyn.

The Internet > O'Jays > Orbital

Gruff Rhys > Weezer > Cure

Yes please.

On 10/16/2018 at 1:13 PM, dentalplan said:

its ya boi

Sign me up (despite all the clashes)

Robyn - Neneh Cherry - Beach House - Stefflon Don - The Horrors - Joan Armatrading - King Princess - The Cardigans

Jarvis Cocker - The O'Jays - Beach Boys - Solange - Sheryl Crow - Young Fathers - Omar Souleyman

The Cure - Weezer - Idles - Nadine Shah - Kylie - Boy Azooga - Villagers

Would be well happy with that.

On 10/16/2018 at 9:10 PM, Stokesy10 said:

Could this actually be a thing? Surely not? That would be outrageous. Does The Park have that kind of act?

Iirc they're taking a year off doing live shows at the end of the current run so don't think this is likely unfortunately. Could still be there in a dj capacity however but very unlikely to be park headliners doing a dj set.

On 10/16/2018 at 1:13 PM, dentalplan said:

its ya boi

I think it's a sign of my age, that the only person I would see on that list is Orbital.

then i think back to 2017 I went to the pyramid once that was for hacienda classical and i went to Jazz world once that was for moderat then justice. apart from that i didn't go to any of them stages,

probably be the same next year

This is what I got. Could do with a bit of shuffle here and there but you get the idea.

Friday
Py: Lady Gaga, The Streets, Iggy Pop, Anderson .Paak. Bombay Bicycle Club, Idles, Salif Keita
OS: Aphex Twin, Jamie xx, Giggs, Blossoms, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Courtney Barnett, AJ Tracey, Confidence Man, Bloc Party
WH: Alabama Shakes, Jorja Smith, Young Fathers, Laura Mvula, Ibeyi
JP: The Vaccines, Editors, Beach House, Dave, Honne
Pa: Jarvis Cocker, Sophie

Saturday
Py: The Cure, Liam Gallagher, Dua Lipa, Solange, Billy Ocean, Kamasi Washington, Joan Armatrading
OS: Lana Del Rey, Weezer, Years & Years, The Wombats, Anne-Marie, Tom Grennan, Miles Kane, Maggie Rogers, Nina Nesbitt
WH: Groove Armada, Chaka Khan, Tom Misch, Blood Orange, Fatouma Diawara
JP: Christine & the Queens, Mura Masa, Vince Staples, Pale Waves, Car Seat Headrest
Pa: Bicep LIVE, Django Django

Sunday
Py: Paul McCartney, Lauryn Hill, George Ezra, Kylie Minogue, Tash Sultana, Greta Van Fleet, Kate Tempest
OS: Disclosure, Jess Glynne, Tom Odell, Brockhampton, Leon Bridges, Sigrid, Fickle Friends, The Magic Gang, Estrons
WH: Orbital, Jungle, The John Butler Trio, Toots & the Maytals, IamDDB
JP: Lily Allen, Caribou, Charli xcx, Parquet Courts, Shame
Pa: Loyle Carner, Rex Orange County

19 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

This is what I got. Could do with a bit of shuffle here and there but you get the idea.

Friday
Py: Lady Gaga, The Streets, Iggy Pop, Anderson .Paak. Bombay Bicycle Club, Idles, Salif Keita
OS: Aphex Twin, Jamie xx, Giggs, Blossoms, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Courtney Barnett, AJ Tracey, Confidence Man, Bloc Party

Saturday
Py: The Cure, Liam Gallagher, Dua Lipa, Solange, Billy Ocean, Kamasi Washington, Joan Armatrading
OS: Lana Del Rey, Weezer, Years & Years, The Wombats, Anne-Marie, Tom Grennan, Miles Kane, Maggie Rogers, Nina Nesbitt
JP: Christine & the Queens, Mura Masa, Vince Staples, Pale Waves, Car Seat Headrest

Sunday
Py: Paul McCartney, Lauryn Hill, George Ezra, Kylie Minogue, Tash Sultana, Greta Van Fleet, Kate Tempest
OS: Disclosure, Jess Glynne, Tom Odell, Brockhampton, Leon Bridges, Sigrid, Fickle Friends, The Magic Gang, Estrons

That would be horrible, Way to many clashes i would have to be at three different stages at some points, but please make it happen

Edited by youngatheart2

27 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Saturday is brutal

11 minutes ago, youngatheart2 said:

That would be horrible, Way to many clashes i would have to be at three different stages at some points, but please make it happen

I hope Idles are on the JP, think it would be go down a lot better than on the Pryamid. 

35 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Some nice acts for sure, although they're almost completely avoiding The Park and the Other Stage. Also think Orbital and Groove Armada both headlining WH would be a bit stodgy.

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

I know a lot of people have Bloc Party opening the other stage but surely they’re one of the few with a chance of Headlining it?

Nah they'd be somewhere about 3rd or 4th down. I don't think they're a suitable opener though; I know they're past their best but they aren't really canonical with James, Charlatans, Pretenders or even Kaisers.

Aye I had Bloc Party down to open Other for a bit when I first started predicting 2019 but I don't really think they're suitable. Even if they're as small/irrelevant as some of the acts who've done it they don't really suit the slot. Even their bigger songs like Helicopter, Banquet, The Prayer and Flux don't really seem like something to kick off the festival at 11am.

13 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Aye I had Bloc Party down to open Other for a bit when I first started predicting 2019 but I don't really think they're suitable. Even if they're as small/irrelevant as some of the acts who've done it they don't really suit the slot. Even their bigger songs like Helicopter, Banquet, The Prayer and Flux don't really seem like something to kick off the festival at 11am.

TBF if James can play an hour set with just one song people actually know then anything can happen.

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

TBF if James can play an hour set with just one song people actually know then anything can happen.

James' second most well known song is more established than any of The Bloc Party's catalogue, make no mistake.

But yea, all the acts to have played the Other opener slot so far are types you could imagine warming the crowd at a mid-sized family festival or Radio 2 in Hyde Park. Bloc Party, while similarly past their heyday, are not that band.

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

I mean, I know naff all about James but even I knew two songs from that set (Laid and Getting Away With It), and they obviously have a couple more that a lot of people know (Sit Down, She's a Star, Born of Frustration), which means people will turn up to give them a casual watch at 11am whilst eating breakfast.

My point wasn't about how many songs people know, though, it was about the type of band they are. They're not really chilled out background kinda music that a couple of decades-worth of people are aware of like James/The Charlatans are. No one can be arsed to listen to Helicopter when you're dying of a hangover after 4 hours sleep.

19 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I mean, I know naff all about James but even I knew two songs from that set (Laid and Getting Away With It), and they obviously have a couple more that a lot of people know (Sit Down, She's a Star, Born of Frustration), which means people will turn up to give them a casual watch at 11am whilst eating breakfast.

My point wasn't about how many songs people know, though, it was about the type of band they are. They're not really chilled out background kinda music that a couple of decades-worth of people are aware of like James/The Charlatans are. No one can be arsed to listen to Helicopter when you're dying of a hangover after 4 hours sleep.

How did you not know Sit Down? 

18 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

How did you not know Sit Down? 

Huh? They didnt play it, or either of the other two I grouped it with. That's why they were separate from the first two, not because I don't know them. I'm saying that when they were booked the organisers will have known that they have like 5 songs that a lot of people know, even though they didn't end up playing a few of em.