2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

20 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I reckon that after him coming to the rescue at the Glastonbury Abbey show, they might give him something higher profile than the Small World stage. 

Avalon might be more suitable? I hope a bigger slot wouldn't mean he wouldn't still play Small World, it's great to see him in there.

Py: Stormzy, The Streets, Iggy Pop, Christine & the Queens, Kamasi Washington, Sharon Van Etten, Ibeyi
OS: Tame Impala, Weezer, Years & Years, Hozier, Courtney Barnett, Sigrid, Marina & the Diamonds, Confidence Man
WH: Chaka Khan, Jungle, Tom Misch, Laura Mvula, Imarhan, Nao
JP: Ben Howard, Young Fathers, Beach House, The Horrors, Stefflon Don, Jagwar Ma, Lewis Capaldi
Pa: Jarvis Cocker, Sophie, Peter Murphy, Whitney, Jade Bird, serpentwithfeet, Goat Girl, The KVB

Py: Madonna, The War on Drugs, Van Morrison, Dua Lipa, Tom Odell, Joan Armatrading, The Staves
OS: Aphex Twin, Jamie xx, Courteeners, The Wombats, Idles, Kurt Vile, Tom Walker, Maggie Rogers, The Joy Formidable
WH: Alabama Shakes, Jorja Smith, Amadou & Mariam, Toots & the Maytals, Fatoumata Diawara
JP: Hot Chip, Caribou, Spiritualized, Shame, Anna Calvi, The Magic Gang, Mabel, Sam Fender, Let's Eat Grandma
Pa: My Bloody Valentine, Gruff Rhys, Mount Kimbie, Julia Holter, Kojey Radical, Kate Nash, Boy Azooga

Py: The Cure, Liam Gallagher, George Ezra, Kylie Minogue, Lily Allen, Rex Orange County, Ward Thomas
OS: Disclosure, Jess Glynne, Chvrches, Friendly Fires, John Grant, Tom Grennan, White Lies, Greta Van Fleet, Sundara Karma
WH: Jon Hopkins, John Carpenter, Neneh Cherry, St. Paul & the Broken Bones, IamDDB, Nubya Garcia
JP: The Vaccines, Grizzly Bear, Pale Waves, Parquet Courts, Miles Kane, Isaac Gracie, Bodega
Pa: Loyle Carner, Bat For Lashes, The Lemon Twigs, AJ Tracey, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Teleman, Nilufer Yanya

6 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Py: Stormzy, The Streets, Iggy Pop, Christine & the Queens, Kamasi Washington, Sharon Van Etten, Ibeyi
OS: Tame Impala, Weezer, Years & Years, Hozier, Courtney Barnett, Sigrid, Marina & the Diamonds, Confidence Man
JP: Ben Howard, Young Fathers, Beach House, The Horrors, Stefflon Don, Jagwar Ma, Lewis Capaldi
Pa: Jarvis Cocker, Sophie, Peter Murphy, Whitney, Jade Bird, serpentwithfeet, Goat Girl, The KVB

Py: Madonna, The War on Drugs, Van Morrison, Dua Lipa, Tom Odell, Joan Armatrading, The Staves
OS: Aphex Twin, Jamie xx, Courteeners, The Wombats, Idles, Kurt Vile, Tom Walker, Maggie Rogers, The Joy Formidable
WH: Alabama Shakes, Jorja Smith, Amadou & Mariam, Toots & the Maytals, Fatoumata Diawara
JP: Hot Chip, Caribou, Spiritualized, Shame, Anna Calvi, The Magic Gang, Mabel, Sam Fender, Let's Eat Grandma
Pa: My Bloody Valentine, Gruff Rhys, Mount Kimbie, Julia Holter, Kojey Radical, Kate Nash, Boy Azooga

Py: The Cure, Liam Gallagher, George Ezra, Kylie Minogue, Lily Allen, Rex Orange County, Ward Thomas
OS: Disclosure, Jess Glynne, Chvrches, Friendly Fires, John Grant, Tom Grennan, White Lies, Greta Van Fleet, Sundara Karma
WH: Jon Hopkins, John Carpenter, Neneh Cherry, St. Paul & the Broken Bones, IamDDB, Nubya Garcia
JP: The Vaccines, Grizzly Bear, Pale Waves, Parquet Courts, Miles Kane, Isaac Gracie, Bodega
Pa: Loyle Carner, Bat For Lashes, The Lemon Twigs, AJ Tracey, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Teleman, Nilufer Yanya

Wah i'm a big fan of this. Love the Park stage, got a great mix on there, and headliners of Chaka Khan/Jarvis, My Bloody Valentine/ Hot Chip and The Cure would be ace. 

My only comments would be that Spiritualized slot feels like a bit of waste, but I guess it would make them easier to see clash wise, and I'd like to see Jarvis get a daytime, bigger stage slot tbh - early doors Pyramid or (shudder) evening Other. 

Also, bore off Loyle Carner. 

9 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Wah i'm a big fan of this. Love the Park stage, got a great mix on there, and headliners of Chaka Khan/Jarvis, My Bloody Valentine/ Hot Chip and The Cure would be ace. 

My only comments would be that Spiritualized slot feels like a bit of waste, but I guess it would make them easier to see clash wise, and I'd like to see Jarvis get a daytime, bigger stage slot tbh - early doors Pyramid or (shudder) evening Other. 

Also, bore off Loyle Carner. 

Where else would Spiritualized play? Actually, them on the Pyramid with an orchestra and choir like their Primavera set would be fantastic. I did have Young Fathers as the Sunday Park headliner at first but surely having Loyle Carner in there and not having a clash is better?

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Looks good. Would love John Carpenter playing.

I thought you were suggesting earlier that The Cure were more alike to Friday headliners? That would make more sense to me.

I was, but Stormzy headlining Saturday or Sunday makes less sense than The Cure doing it imo. 

Edited by kingcrawler

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I was, but Stormzy headling Saturday or Sunday makes less sense imo. 

Eh I disagree. He’d be headlining cos he’s a huge artist and also he’s a dude that jumps on songs with Ed Sheeran and Little Mix so he’d be a pretty safe headliner for families or whatever. I don’t think he’s headlining personally but he’s probably got a bigger crossover with previous Sat/Sun headliner fanbases than The Cure, and vice versa.

On 9/10/2018 at 10:11 PM, Gnomicide said:

Friday:
Pyramid: Stormzy / Vampire Weekend / Duran Duran / Frank Turner / Tom Odell / Christine & the Queens / Kamasi Washington / Declan McKenna
Other: Bastijj200e / Ariana Grande / Blossoms / Hot Chip / IDLES / King Giz & The Liz Wiz / The Sherlocks / Franz Ferdinand
West Holts: Lenny Kravitz / Young Fathers / St. Paul & the Broken Bones / The Internet / Titus Andronicus

John Peel: The War on Drugs / The Wombats / Fat White Family / Drenge / Goat / Goat Girl / The Twilight Sad / Greeta Van Fleet / Shame / Morphine
Park: Chvrches / Guy Garvey / Bill Ryder Jones / Graham Coxon / tUnE-yArDs / Soccer Mommy / Ty Segall / Broken Social Scene / Sad13
Acoustic: The Devine Comedy

Saturday:
Pyramid: Taylor Swift / George Ezra / Def Leppard / Sheryl Crow / Teenage Fanclub / Slaves / Tom Robinson Band
Other: Nine Inch Nails / Weezer / Young Fathers / Courtney Barnett / Charlie XCX / Miles Kane / Flogging Molly / The Joy Formidable / Cud
West Holts: Janelle Monáe / Chaka Khan / Seasick Steve / Confidence Man / Dawn Penn / Jazz man, Jazz / ---
John Peel: Frank Turner / The Horrors / Miles Kane / Yo La Tengo / Savages / The Magic Numbers / Snapped Ankles / Let’s Eat Grandma
Park: Father John Misty / The Decemberists / Whitney / Gruff Rhys / The Lemon Twigs / The Low Anthem / Lucinda Williams / Rolling Blackouts
Acoustic: Counting Crows

Sunday:
Pyramid: Fleetwood Mac / Liam Gallagher / Dua Lipa / Diana Ross / James Bay / Omar Souleyman / Some Form Of Local Brass Band
Other: The 1975 / The The / Gorkey’s Oozi Whatsit / Michael Kiwanuka / St Vincent / Scritti Politti / Band of Horses / White Denim /  Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes
West Holts: Prophets of Rage / Toots and the Maytals  / Portugal. The Man / Ladysmith Black Mambazo
John Peel: Iggy Pop / Foster the People / Kodaline / Stereophonics (Surprise!) / The Hold Steady / Anti-flag / The Lovely Eggs / Jagwa Ma / Rat Boy / Beans On Toast

Park: Public Service Broadcasting / John Nopkins / Kate Nash / Josh T. Pearson / Car Seat Headrest / The Moonlandings / Japandroids / Rodney Brannigan / Showhawk Duo
Acoustic: Deacon Blue

That's a cracking line-up. I'm particularly a fan of Some Form of Local Brass Band first up on the pyramid Sunday

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I'd be happy with lots of that but complete disinterest with the Saturday until a 3 way headliner clash then a Sunday night without a headliner would be disapointing.

49 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Surely swapping the Jon Hopkins and Chaka Khan John Peel days would make more sense? Why try and clash Disclosure and Jon Hopkins when you can avoid it and soread the electronic stuff out a bit more

32 minutes ago, jj200 said:

Friday pymild

The cure Liam Gallagher

Saturday pymild

Artic monkeys foals

Sunday pymild stage 

Bruno Mars Ellie Goulding

Other stage

Friday disclosure

Saturday the 1975

Sunday Kendrick Lamer

Jon peel 

Friday the vaccines

Saturday wolf alice

Sunday the courteeners

Bruno mars Ellie goulding what kind of nightmare is that.  Saw Ellie in 2016 probably the dullest set I have ever witnessed anywhere 

35 minutes ago, jj200 said:

Friday pymild

The cure Liam Gallagher

Saturday pymild

Artic monkeys foals

Sunday pymild stage 

Bruno Mars Ellie Goulding

Other stage

Friday disclosure

Saturday the 1975

Sunday Kendrick Lamer

Jon peel 

Friday the vaccines

Saturday wolf alice

Sunday the courteeners

the way you format/lay out these predictions upsets me far more than the actual acts you mention

Edited by rhg_99

32 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Eh I disagree. He’d be headlining cos he’s a huge artist and also he’s a dude that jumps on songs with Ed Sheeran and Little Mix so he’d be a pretty safe headliner for families or whatever. I don’t think he’s headlining personally but he’s probably got a bigger crossover with previous Sat/Sun headliner fanbases than The Cure, and vice versa.

Who are you thinking now then? I've gone off the idea of Arctic Monkeys headlining and Stormzy seems the obvious newer headliner.

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Surely swapping the Jon Hopkins and Chaka Khan John Peel days would make more sense? Why try and clash Disclosure and Jon Hopkins when you can avoid it and soread the electronic stuff out a bit more

Yeah that's a fair shout.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Sunday is a little sparse for me but overall very nice. Although those Saturday headliners would be a nightmare clash. Would be surprised if Caribou subbed Hot Chip again seeing as they did that in 2015. I wouldn't complain though as that was one hell of a night.

Edited by rhg_99