2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

because she'll want either the prestigious Saturday or to close it out.

Is it that prestigious? Supposing those 3 were headlining I think it's a bit mean giving AM the same slot for 3 headline sets running and you'd bank on Macca closing it.

I'm sure this will probably end up being a moot conversation.

Edited by priest17

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

She told you that did she?

It's a fair assumption tbh. I'd say they're bigger than the Friday night, and if the fest bags Madge it'll be a massive deal. Realistically I'd expect her to be on one of those.

Whether it's because it's what she wants is another matter though.

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

Is it that prestigious? Supposing those 3 were headlining I think it's a bit mean giving AM the same slot for 3 headline sets running and you'd bank on Macca closing it.

I'm sure this will probably end up being a moot conversation.

I don't bank on Macca headlining it though, and no I don't think Arctics will get the same slot. If it was Macca I think it goes at this time, Stormzy..Arctic Monkeys and Macca. If they back Madonna I think Arctics play whichever night she says no to and if FM play I would guess at Saturday edging it. I don't see Stormzy on Saturday or Sunday, I didn't see Mumford on Sunday until is was obvious but they were huge and tbh Stormzy is not going to be at that level.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

She told you that did she?

Hi Madonna....we want you to play Friday night, we're going to give Arctic Monkeys Saturday night and let Stormzy close the festival on his 1st ever headline slot...or or....we're going to give him his 1st ever headline slot on Saturday night with the whole world watching and let Arctics close it while we give you the 1st night. If the fest gets her it's on par with them bagging The Stones pretty much....if they were asked to play Friday night there the offer wouldn't even get past their agents to them. And before we bring up that Foo's were going to do it, yes they were but they also play every other major festival going and aren't rarities to the scene and there is a history with the Friday being a rockier night.

8 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I don't bank on Macca headlining it though, and no I don't think Arctics will get the same slot. If it was Macca I think it goes at this time, Stormzy..Arctic Monkeys and Macca. If they back Madonna I think Arctics play whichever night she says no to and if FM play I would guess at Saturday edging it. I don't see Stormzy on Saturday or Sunday, I didn't see Mumford on Sunday until is was obvious but they were huge and tbh Stormzy is not going to be at that level.

Hi Madonna....we want you to play Friday night, we're going to give Arctic Monkeys Saturday night and let Stormzy close the festival on his 1st ever headline slot...or or....we're going to give him his 1st ever headline slot on Saturday night with the whole world watching and let Arctics close it while we give you the 1st night. If the fest gets her it's on par with them bagging The Stones pretty much....if they were asked to play Friday night there the offer wouldn't even get past their agents to them. And before we bring up that Foo's were going to do it, yes they were but they also play every other major festival going and aren't rarities to the scene and there is a history with the Friday being a rockier night.

So you’ve seen her tour schedule then? You know she can do any night?

Far too many assumptions here.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Considering all the nonsense in the article it's probably silly to ask, but could tickets actually go on sale in September this year?

While the official line-up will not be released next year following September’s first main batch of tickets going on sale,

hi

Py: Stormzy / The Streets / Iggy Pop / Dua Lipa / Years & Years / Declan McKenna / Salif Keita
OS: Aphex Twin / Jess Glynne / The Vaccines / Blossoms / Leon Bridges / Tom Grennan / Parquet Courts / Confidence Man / Bloc Party
WH: Alabama Shakes / Jungle / Tom Misch / Laura Mvula / Ibeyi
JP: Weezer / Editors / Vince Staples / The Horrors / Car Seat Headrest
Pa: Courtney Barnett / Sophie

Py: Madonna / Lauryn Hill / George Ezra / Christine & the Queens / Billy Ocean / Kamasi Washington / Joan Armatrading
OS: Vampire Weekend / Jamie xx / Hot Chip / Friendly Fires / Anne Marie / Portugal the Man / Fickle Friends / Maggie Rodgers / Nina Nesbitt
WH: Silk City / Jorja Smith / Young Fathers / Blood Orange / Fatoumata Diawara
JP: Chvrches / Brockhampton / Beach House / Idles / Shame
Pa: My Bloody Valentine / Django Django

Py: Paul McCartney / Liam Gallagher / The War on Drugs / Diana Ross / Tom Odell / Greta Van Fleet / Lucy Rose
OS: Disclosure / Anderson Paak & the Free Nationals / Giggs / The Wombats / Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes / Sigrid / Miles Kane / The Magic Gang / The Joy Formidable
WH: Run-DMC / Chaka Khan / The John Butler Trio / Toots & the Maytals / IamDDB
JP: Lily Allen / Mura Masa / Charli xcx / Pale Waves / Honne
Pa: Bonobo / Loyle Carner

16 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

hi

Py: Stormzy / The Streets / Iggy Pop / Dua Lipa / Years & Years / Declan McKenna / Salif Keita
OS: Aphex Twin / Jess Glynne / The Vaccines / Blossoms / Leon Bridges / Tom Grennan / Parquet Courts / Confidence Man / Bloc Party
WH: Alabama Shakes / Jungle / Tom Misch / Laura Mvula / Ibeyi
JP: Weezer / Editors / Vince Staples / The Horrors / Car Seat Headrest
Pa: Courtney Barnett / Sophie

Py: Madonna / Lauryn Hill / George Ezra / Christine & the Queens / Billy Ocean / Kamasi Washington / Joan Armatrading
OS: Vampire Weekend / Jamie xx / Hot Chip / Friendly Fires / Anne Marie / Portugal the Man / Fickle Friends / Maggie Rodgers / Nina Nesbitt
WH: Silk City / Jorja Smith / Young Fathers / Blood Orange / Fatoumata Diawara
JP: Chvrches / Brockhampton / Beach House / Idles / Shame
Pa: My Bloody Valentine / Django Django

Py: Paul McCartney / Liam Gallagher / The War on Drugs / Diana Ross / Tom Odell / Greta Van Fleet / Lucy Rose
OS: Disclosure / Anderson Paak & the Free Nationals / Giggs / The Wombats / Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes / Sigrid / Miles Kane / The Magic Gang / The Joy Formidable
WH: Run-DMC / Chaka Khan / The John Butler Trio / Toots & the Maytals / IamDDB
JP: Lily Allen / Mura Masa / Charli xcx / Pale Waves / Honne
Pa: Bonobo / Loyle Carner

Just needs a better Friday night headliner and it would be great for me...

Bloc Party > Con Man > Parquet Courts > Dua Lipa > Iggy > The Streets > Weezer

Shame > IDLES > Hot Chip > Lauren Hill > Madge

D. Ross > WOD > Liam > Macca