2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

Probably a bit unvaried in places but here's what I've got:

Friday
Py: The 1975 / Disclosure / Dua Lipa / Franz Ferdinand / Steve Winwood / Declan McKenna / Salif Keita
OS: Jamie xx / The War on Drugs / Hot Chip / Friendly Fires / Carly Rae Jepsen / Portugal. The Man / Parquet Courts / Confidence Man / Bloc Party
WH: Run-DMC / Chaka Khan / The John Butler Trio / Toots & the Maytals / IamDDB
JP: Yeah Yeah Yeahs / Editors / Vince Staples / Car Seat Headrest / Idles
Pa: Courtney Barnett

Saturday
Py: Kendrick Lamar / Ms. Lauryn Hill / Iggy Pop / Christine & the Queens / Billy Ocean / Kamasi Washington / Joan Armatrading
OS: The Chemical Brothers / Wolf Alice / Chvrches / The Wombats / Everything Everything / Pale Waves / Fickle Friends / Maggie Rodgers / Nina Nesbitt
WH: Alabama Shakes / Jorja Smith / Young Fathers / Laura Mvula / Fatoumata Diawara
JP: Lily Allen / Mura Masa / Charli xcx / Miles Kane / Shame / Mabel
Pa: My Bloody Valentine

Sunday
Py: Paul McCartney / Vampire Weekend / The Specials / Diana Ross / Loyle Carner / Greta Van Fleet / Lucy Rose
OS: The Streets / Jess Glynne / Years & Years / Tom Odell / Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes / Tom Grennan / Lewis Capaldi / The Magic Gang / The Joy Formidable
WH: Aphex Twin / Jungle / Tom Misch / Blood Orange / Ibeyi
JP: FKA Twigs / Grimes / Sigrid / The Horrors / Drenge
Pa: Caribou

3 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Probably a bit unvaried in places but here's what I've got:

Friday
Py: The 1975 / Disclosure / Dua Lipa / Franz Ferdinand / Steve Winwood / Declan McKenna / Salif Keita
OS: Jamie xx / The War on Drugs / Hot Chip / Friendly Fires / Carly Rae Jepsen / Portugal. The Man / Parquet Courts / Confidence Man / Bloc Party
WH: Run-DMC / Chaka Khan / The John Butler Trio / Toots & the Maytals / IamDDB
JP: Yeah Yeah Yeahs / Editors / Vince Staples / Car Seat Headrest / Idles
Pa: Courtney Barnett

Saturday
Py: Kendrick Lamar / Ms. Lauryn Hill / Iggy Pop / Christine & the Queens / Billy Ocean / Kamasi Washington / Joan Armatrading
OS: The Chemical Brothers / Wolf Alice / Chvrches / The Wombats / Everything Everything / Pale Waves / Fickle Friends / Maggie Rodgers / Nina Nesbitt
WH: Alabama Shakes / Jorja Smith / Young Fathers / Laura Mvula / Fatoumata Diawara
JP: Lily Allen / Mura Masa / Charli xcx / Miles Kane / Shame / Mabel
Pa: My Bloody Valentine

Sunday
Py: Paul McCartney / Vampire Weekend / The Specials / Diana Ross / Loyle Carner / Greta Van Fleet / Lucy Rose
OS: The Streets / Jess Glynne / Years & Years / Tom Odell / Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes / Tom Grennan / Lewis Capaldi / The Magic Gang / The Joy Formidable
WH: Aphex Twin / Jungle / Tom Misch / Blood Orange / Ibeyi
JP: FKA Twigs / Grimes / Sigrid / The Horrors / Drenge
Pa: Caribou

I don't like that I would put Bastille on the other stage and artic monkeys instead of the 1975

• Downvote 1

Clashes abound with that one. Not to say it’s not possible of course (and clashes are inevitable) but...

Fri: Jamie XX vs. Run-DMC vs. Courtney Barnett. (J-XX would probably win, but ouch.)

Sat: Kendrick vs. Chems (K-Man wins, but oof.)

Sun: Macca vs. The Streets vs. Caribou (ugh can’t even call this one.)

Edited by kalifire

Small one, would appreciate any feedback :)

FRIDAY

pyramid: Kendrick Lamar, LCD Soundsystem, Sam Smith, J Hus

other: Catfish & The Bottlemen, Weezer , Chvrches

WH: David Byrne / JP: Deftones / Pa: Caribou

SATURDAY

pyramid: Arctic Monkeys , Disclosure , Dua Lipa , Wolf Alice 

other: Portishead, Vampire Weekend , Placebo

WH: Anderson Paak & The Free Nationals / JP : Alabama Shakes / Pa : King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

SUNDAY

pyramid: Paul McCartney , The War On Drugs , Iggy Pop , Diana Ross

other: Travis Scott, Janelle Monae ,  The Kooks

WH: Grimes / JP: Interpol / Pa: My Bloody Valentine

Edited by Dr Mantis Toboggan

43 minutes ago, Dr Mantis Toboggan said:

Small one, would appreciate any feedback :)

FRIDAY

pyramid: Kendrick Lamar, LCD Soundsystem, Sam Smith, J Hus

other: Catfish & The Bottlemen, Weezer , Chvrches

WH: David Byrne / JP: Deftones / Pa: Caribou

SATURDAY

pyramid: Arctic Monkeys , Disclosure , Dua Lipa , Wolf Alice 

other: Portishead, Vampire Weekend , Placebo

WH: Anderson Paak & The Free Nationals / JP : Alabama Shakes / Pa : King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

SUNDAY

pyramid: Paul McCartney , The War On Drugs , Iggy Pop , Diana Ross

other: Travis Scott, Janelle Monae ,  The Kooks

WH: Grimes / JP: Interpol / Pa: My Bloody Valentine

LCD subbing would be a bold call, not one I could see happening.

Wolf Alice played fourth down the Pyramid two years ago and are bigger now. Swap them and Weezer round perhaps?

Rest looks ok, although that Kendrick/David Byrne clash is rather cruel.

Ok here is rubbish attempt... How do you guys not get bored thinking of acts for each stage... after a few I threw any in haha! and removed a couple of stages... too much time on some peoples hands :D:D 

Friday:

Pyramid - Arctic Monkeys, Tame Impala, Paolo Nutini, Years & Years, James Bay,

Other – Chemical Brothers, Dua Lipa, Band of Skulls, Friendly Fires, The Temper Trap,

John Peel - Clean Bandit, Sundara Karma, Circa Waves, Tom Grennan, Jorja Smith

Saturday

Pyramid – Drake, Two Door Cinema Club, Nothing But Thieves, Deacon Blue,

Other – Foals, Bastille, Chvrches, Courteeners, The Kooks,

John Peel – Foster the People, George Ezra, Twenty One Pilots, Of Monsters and Men, Gerry Cinnamon

Sunday:

Pyramid - Fleetwood Mac, Vampire Weekend, Manic Street Preachers, Cher, Hozier,

Other - The Prodigy, Royal Blood, 5 Seconds of Summer, The Naked & Famous, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott,

John Peel – The Vaccines, Alabama Shakes, Django Django, Future Islands, The Amazons

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Ok here is rubbish attempt... How do you guys not get bored thinking of acts for each stage... after a few I threw any in haha! and removed a couple of stages... too much time on some peoples hands :D:D 

Friday:

Other – Chemical Brothers, Dua Lipa, Band of Skulls, Friendly Fires, The Temper Trap,

Saturday

John Peel – Foster the People, George Ezra, Twenty One Pilots, Of Monsters and Men, Gerry Cinnamon

Sunday:

Other - The Prodigy, Royal Blood, 5 Seconds of Summer, The Naked & Famous, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott,

John Peel – The Vaccines, Alabama Shakes, Django Django, Future Islands, The Amazons

Future Islands are bit low down, didn't they sub JP last year?

4 minutes ago, Havors said:

It's why I never bother.  I do think there's some underground game at play where you score points for having a certain number of obscure bands and/or indie darlings in certain slots :)

EDIT: you get bonus points from me for putting Of Monsters And Men in there somewhere

Edited by Quark

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

It's why I never bother.  I do think there's some underground game at play where you score points for having a certain number of obscure bands and/or indie darlings in certain slots :)

EDIT: you get bonus points from me for putting Of Monsters And Men in there somewhere

Haha yeah theres always the hipsters scoring hipster points :P 

12 minutes ago, Havors said:

Friday:

Saturday

Sunday:

I will go with that.

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Friday:

Saturday

Sunday:

Tbf I (and presumably most people who post big predictions) just have one saved in my notes and update it every now and then if someone announces new material or tour dates or whatever, or if we find out on here they look like playing.

59 minutes ago, Quark said:

I mean, lower down on stages like the Park that's basically what it is in real life, so the predictions reflect that. I also fill lots of the lower stages with acts I read about on the new music thread in here which tbf is often obscure indie bands.

As is the tradition with a FloorFiller prediction there are a bunch of acts too high up, vacant spaces, puzzling omissions that I forgot to add and things that are just plain wrong 'cause I got bored half way through but stick one of these in your pipe and smoke it:

Friday:

PY: Kendrick Lamar / Ms. Lauren Hill / Iggy Pop / Christine & the Queens / Run-DMC / Kamasi Washington / 
OS: The Prodigy / Hot Chip / Hozier / Franz Ferdinand / Sigrid / Portugal. The Man / Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes / Parquet Courts /
WH: Jon Hopkins / Alabama Shakes / Toots & the Maytals / Blood Orange / Moses Sumney / 
JP: Interpol / Lily Allen / Miles Kane / The Breeders / Let's Eat Grandma / Confidence Man / 
PA: Courtney Barnett / Dirty Projectors / Julien Baker / Rolling Coastal Blackout Fever / Camp Cope / Amen Dunes / 

Saturday:

PY: Arctic Monkeys / Stormzy / Dua Lipa / Van Morrison / Father John Misty / John Grant / 
OS: Jamie xx / Jess Glynne / J Hus / St. Vincent / Shame / Car Seat Headrest / 
WH: Janelle Monae / Jungle / Young Fathers / Rex Orange County / Kelela / 
JP: Friendly Fires / Charli XCX / Death Grips / Idles / Hinds / 
PA: My Bloody Valentine / Grizzly Bear / Oh Sees / Snail Mail / Superorganism / The Beths / 

Sunday:

PY: Madonna / Jamiroquai / George Ezra / Kylie Minogue / Kacey Musgraves / Anderson Paak. & the Free Nationals / 
OS: The Streets / Wolf Alice / James Bay / Blossoms / Lykke Li / Pale Waves / King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard / 
WH: David Byrne / Chaka Khan / Jorja Smith / Mount Kimbie / 
JP: Chvrches / Grimes / Brockhampton / Mumford & Sons (secret set) / Mura Masa / The Lemon Twigs / Iceage / 
PA: FKA twigs / Beach House / Alvvays / Boy Azooga / Soccer Mommy / 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

As is the tradition with a FloorFiller prediction there are a bunch of acts too high up, vacant spaces, puzzling omissions that I forgot to add and things that are just plain wrong 'cause I got bored half way through but stick one of these in your pipe and smoke it:

Friday:

PY: Kendrick Lamar / Ms. Lauren Hill / Iggy Pop / Christine & the Queens / Run-DMC / Kamasi Washington / 
OS: The Prodigy / Hot Chip / Hozier / Franz Ferdinand / Sigrid / Portugal. The Man / Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes / Parquet Courts /
WH: Jon Hopkins / Alabama Shakes / Toots & the Maytals / Blood Orange / Moses Sumney / 
JP: Interpol / Lily Allen / Miles Kane / The Breeders / Let's Eat Grandma / Confidence Man / 
PA: Courtney Barnett / Dirty Projectors / Julien Baker / Rolling Coastal Blackout Fever / Camp Cope / Amen Dunes / 

Saturday:

PY: Arctic Monkeys / Stormzy / Dua Lipa / Van Morrison / Father John Misty / John Grant / 
PA: My Bloody Valentine / Grizzly Bear / Oh Sees / Snail Mail / Superorganism / The Beths / 

Sunday:

PY: Madonna / Jamiroquai / George Ezra / Kylie Minogue / Kacey Musgraves / Anderson Paak. & the Free Nationals / 
OS: The Streets / Wolf Alice / James Bay / Blossoms / Lykke Li / Pale Waves / King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard / 
JP: Chvrches / Grimes / Brockhampton / Mumford & Sons (secret set) / Mura Masa / The Lemon Twigs / Iceage / 

That Saturday is so unfair, I'm stressed thinking about it. 

29 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

I don't like this one because churches are too low.

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Finally a prediction without Kendrick and MBV having horrible clashes. Probably David Byrne on the Sunday to round off a pretty stellar trio.

Parquet Courts > Confidence Man > Let's Eat Grandma > Iggy Pop > Ms. Lauryn Hill > Kendrick Lamar

Car Seat Headrest > St. Vincent > Death Grips > Charli XCX > My Bloody Valentine

Anderson .Paak > Lykke Li > Soccer Mommy > Alvvays > Beach House > David Byrne

Works for me.