2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

6 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Underworld in 1999 is the last time a proper electronic band subbed the Pyramid, with the Chems themselves headlining the thing in 2000.    Although the Chemical Brothers are made for the Other Stage and playing in the dark, I'd be up for them subbing the Pyramid for a change.  As long as we still had an electronica headliner on Other/W Holts at some point over the weekend.

Unless the music climate changes dramatically I can't see them not having one electronic headline on Other/WH.

2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

am more into cat piss than glue dude 

Always knew you were a weird one.

4 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Although realistically Chems, Disclosure and maybe Jamie xx all seem more likely.

Jamie xx does have form for that sort of thing. Did a big early evening set at Flozza's Hyde Park gig and I think he was on about 7pm at the Park a few Glastos back as well. Weather permitting, his music is pretty good for when the sun's up - definitely more so than Chems, but if one of those was more likely to be given a Pyramid sub slot it's the Brothers.

• 3 weeks later...

With the new Lady Gaga rumours I reckon she's probably in with a shout (really hoping that the stuff about her working with SOPHIE is true). I'm less sure on AM now, but I can't think of another big rawk band that could play in that slot....

FRI
Py: 
Lady Gaga, The 1975, The Streets, Friendly Fires, Lily Allen, Portugal. The Man
OS: Paramore, Janelle Monae, Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals, Anne-Marie, Tom Misch
WH: John Hopkins, SOPHIE, Yaeji, Confidence Man
JP: Jungle, Ash, Shame
Pa: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, Greta Van Fleet

SAT
Py: 
Fleetwood Mac, Liam Gallagher, The War On Drugs, Catfish & The Bottlemen, George Ezra
OS: Dua Lipa, CHVRCHES, Jess Glynne, Jorja Smith, Sigrid
WH: Silk City (Diplo + Mark Ronson), Chromeo, Eliza, Let's Eat Grandma
JP: Neck Deep, Vince Staples, Superoganism, Black Honey
Pa: Courtney Barnett, Tom Grennan, Yungblud, Confidence Man

SUN
Py:
Arctic Monkeys, Sam Smith, Vampire Weekend, Kylie Minogue, Kamasi Washington, Christine & The Queens
OS: Disclosure, Jamie xx, Mura Masa, Years & Years, Charli XCX
WH: Lauryn Hill, Sleaford Mods, Loyle Carner, Nao, Miles Kane
JP: Robyn, Carly Rae Jepsen, Fickle Friends, Honne
Pa: Bicep, Floating Points, George Fitzgerald, Jlin

13 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

With the new Lady Gaga rumours I reckon she's probably in with a shout (really hoping that the stuff about her working with SOPHIE is true). I'm less sure on AM now, but I can't think of another big rawk band that could play in that slot....

FRI
Py: 
OS: Paramore, Janelle Monae, Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals, Anne-Marie, Tom Misch

SAT
Py: 
Fleetwood Mac, Liam Gallagher, The War On Drugs, Catfish & The Bottlemen, George Ezra

SUN
Py:
Arctic Monkeys, Sam Smith, Vampire Weekend, Kylie Minogue, Kamasi Washington, Christine & The Queens

green day

14 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

FRI
Py: 

SAT
Py: 

SUN
Py:

What Lady Gaga rumours? I see nothing.

Is this like a wishlist type prediction? It's really quite weak and bizarre all round. I think the majority of the audience would be alienated by a year where that is the lineup.

I wonder if Neck Deep headlining the John Peel stage would manage to fill the front row. 

But yeah that lineup is all over the place. Not really sure what the point of a "prediction" is when it's not even close to realistic. I know I certainly couldn't pull one off without half copying someone else's from here. 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

What Lady Gaga rumours? I see nothing.

Is this like a wishlist type prediction? It's really quite weak and bizarre all round. I think the majority of the audience would be alienated by a year where that is the lineup.

Was more just trying to go for some unusual acts that maybe people haven't thought of. I doubt as a lineup it will be very close, but it's more just I had a bunch of acts I think might play and was just trying to fit them in. (like Vampire Weekend, Robyn, Silk City etc. who haven't been talked about much but all are relatively strong possibilities imo, plus I wanted to revive this thread as it had been kinda quiet and I always enjoy looking at others predictions)

And regarding Sophie x Gaga rumours, they aint very substantial but tbh it seems like the kind of thing I could see Gaga doing 

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Was more just trying to go for some unusual acts that maybe people haven't thought of. I doubt as a lineup it will be very close, but it's more just I had a bunch of acts I think might play and was just trying to fit them in. (like Vampire Weekend, Robyn, Silk City etc. who haven't been talked about much but all are relatively strong possibilities imo, plus I wanted to revive this thread as it had been kinda quiet and I always enjoy looking at others predictions)

And regarding Sophie x Gaga rumours, they aint very substantial but tbh it seems like the kind of thing I could see Gaga doing 

Fair enough. There's not a lot there that wouldn't play at all, but it's just the volume of trendy pop/dance/r&b acts and the spaces that they're taking up would be quite surprising.

I can't imagine Gaga and SOPHIE to be much good, to be honest. Seems too much of a clash of styles. It'd definitely be bad for business, and Lady Gaga needs a bit of reviving rather than making her way masquerading as a leftfield pop artist.

28 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Gaga is Perry's level, I'd be very, very surprised if she headlined. Shocked even. Hope she does, I'd be nowhere near it though.

I don't think that's true. There's a lot more goodwill and devotion towards Gaga, particularly following her career recaps at Sportsbowl 500 and Coachella. Seems like she's going through more of a career blip and is likely to bounce back as an artist with something of a legacy, which I wouldn't say is the case for Kate P.

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Fair enough. There's not a lot there that wouldn't play at all, but it's just the volume of trendy pop/dance/r&b acts and the spaces that they're taking up would be quite surprising.

I agree, and as much I am loving that sunday other prediction it is very heavy electronic based and not much variety although do think Disclosure could headline it. but the rest of that day line up wouldn't happen (Sadly :( )

41 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I'm the same! Tried to do it a couple of times but think I take it too seriously, getting flustered with placements and giving up on it. But anyone else making and posting I'm all for going through them :) 

lets give this a crack 

FRI
Py: Fleetwood Mac, Childish Gambino, The Streets, Nas, Lily Allen, Portugal. The Man
OS: Twenty One Pilots, Skepta, Kaleo, Anne-Marie, Tom Misch
WH: Frank Turner, Jet , Yaeji, Confidence Man,Cage the Elephant
JP: Jungle, Gang of youths , Shame
Pa: James, Greta Van Fleet

SAT
Py: Kanye west + Kid Cudi, The 1975, Liam Gallagher, Dua Lipa, George Ezra
OS: Tame Impala, Tyler the Creator, Jess Glynne, The Toots and Maytals, Sigrid
WH: Silk City (Diplo + Mark Ronson), BJ the Chicago kid, Zhu, Big boi
JP:  Kano, Vince Staples, Superoganism, Jay rock, Lewis Del Mar
Pa: First Aid Kit , Tom Grennan, Daughter, Nico

SUN
Py: Arctic Monkeys, Vampire Weekend, Kylie Minogue, ODESZA , Metronomy