2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

FRI
Py: 
Stormzy, Bastille, Def Leppard, Janelle Monae, Beach Boys, Declan McKenna, AJ Tracey
OS: Jamie xx, Hot Chip, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Years & Years, The Vaccines, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Marina & the Diamonds, Confidence Man, Bloc Party
WH: Alabama Shakes, Jorja Smith, Tom Misch, St. Paul & the Broken Bones, Nao, Imarhan
JP: Chvrches, Tom Grennan, Sleaford Mods, The Horrors, Charli XCX, Lewis Capaldi, Drenge, Sam Fender
Pa: My Bloody Valentine, Grizzly Bear, Laura Mvula, Mount Kimbie, Low, Snail Mail, Goat Girl, Nilufer Yanya

SAT
Py: 
Arctic Monkeys, Iggy Pop, Van Morrison, Christine & the Queens, St. Vincent, Goat, Joan Armatrading
OS: Disclosure, James Blake, Courteeners, Interpol, Lily Allen, Pale Waves, Maggie Rogers, The Joy Formidable
WH: Lauryn Hill, Chaka Khan, Loyle Carner, Toots & the Maytals, serpentwithfeet, Ibeyi
JP: Ben Howard, Lykke Li, Spiritualized, Shame, Sharon Van Etten, Idles, The Magic Gang, Let's Eat Grandma
Pa: Caribou, Beach House, Blood Orange, Whitney, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Amber Mark, Boy Azooga, Lump

SUN
Py: 
Fleetwood Mac, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Dua Lipa, Kylie Minogue, Kamasi Washington, Rex Orange County, Baloji
OS: The Streets, The War on Drugs, James Bay, J Hus, Friendly Fires, Sigrid, Greta Van Fleet
WH: Jon Hopkins, Young Fathers, M83, IamDDB, Natalie Prass
JP: FKA Twigs, Jungle, Gruff Rhys, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Parquet Courts, Miles Kane
Pa: Courtney Barnett, Bat For Lashes, The Lemon Twigs, Superorganism, Jade Bird, Teleman, Mitski

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Py: 
Stormzy, Bastille, Def Leppard, Janelle Monae, Beach Boys, Declan McKenna, AJ Tracey
OS: Jamie xx, Hot Chip, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Years & Years, The Vaccines, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Marina & the Diamonds, Confidence Man, Bloc Party
WH: Alabama Shakes, Jorja Smith, Tom Misch, St. Paul & the Broken Bones, Nao, Imarhan
JP: Chvrches, Tom Grennan, Sleaford Mods, The Horrors, Charli XCX, Lewis Capaldi, Drenge, Sam Fender
Pa: My Bloody Valentine, Grizzly Bear, Laura Mvula, Mount Kimbie, Low, Snail Mail, Goat Girl, Nilufer Yanya

SAT
Py: 
Arctic Monkeys, Iggy Pop, Van Morrison, Christine & the Queens, St. Vincent, Goat, Joan Armatrading
OS: Disclosure, James Blake, Courteeners, Interpol, Lily Allen, Pale Waves, Maggie Rogers, The Joy Formidable
WH: Lauryn Hill, Chaka Khan, Loyle Carner, Toots & the Maytals, serpentwithfeet, Ibeyi
JP: Ben Howard, Lykke Li, Spiritualized, Shame, Sharon Van Etten, Idles, The Magic Gang, Let's Eat Grandma
Pa: Caribou, Beach House, Blood Orange, Whitney, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Amber Mark, Boy Azooga, Lump

SUN
Py: 
Fleetwood Mac, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Dua Lipa, Kylie Minogue, Kamasi Washington, Rex Orange County, Baloji
OS: The Streets, The War on Drugs, James Bay, J Hus, Friendly Fires, Sigrid, Greta Van Fleet
JP: FKA Twigs, Jungle, Gruff Rhys, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Parquet Courts, Miles Kane
Pa: Courtney Barnett, Bat For Lashes, The Lemon Twigs, Superorganism, Jade Bird, Teleman, Mitski

Generally this is pretty good but I don't think Hot Chip are big enough to sub Other - not above Yeah Yeah Yeahs at least. Interpol dropping a spot despite being probably bigger than they were on the last tour seems crap too and I'd kinda rather they didn't return at all if they're not gonna headline John Peel.

I think Lauryn Hill is a bit big for West Holts. I think she's just sold out The O2 and Manchester Arena straight off.

edit: forgot to point out that this is pretty epic for my tastes so I'll take it nonetheless.

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Generally this is pretty good but I don't think Hot Chip are big enough to sub Other - not above Yeah Yeah Yeahs at least. Interpol dropping a spot despite being probably bigger than they were on the last tour seems crap too and I'd kinda rather they didn't return at all if they're not gonna headline John Peel.

I think Lauryn Hill is a bit big for West Holts. I think she's just sold out The O2 and Manchester Arena straight off.

Yeah those are all fair points. I left Hot Chip that high as they seem to have a good relationship with the festival and I figured that might go in their favour, I originally had Interpol as JP headliners too but shuffled things about. Didn't realise that about Lauryn Hill, I was thinking she might be too big anyway but if she's selling out these at decent prices then yeah I agree with you on that.

5 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Py: 

SAT
Py: 

SUN
Py: 

I could go for that.

Spiritualized into Beach House is cool as fuck (put em on the same stage even if he did that last time) but as much as I like Caribou he’d be a bit of a dud to finish the night on 

Lets just sack Caribou and have the mighty Beach House headline 

Edited by the wonderwhy

On 6/5/2018 at 7:41 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Faithless in 2010?

I dunno....I'm the usually the last person for citing precedent, but Orbital subbed Pulp before their famous headline set.  I genuinely cant see much wrong conceptually with the Chems heading back onto the Pyramid before a headliner and blowing the cobwebs off of the c**t.

Underworld in 1999 is the last time a proper electronic band subbed the Pyramid, with the Chems themselves headlining the thing in 2000.    Although the Chemical Brothers are made for the Other Stage and playing in the dark, I'd be up for them subbing the Pyramid for a change.  As long as we still had an electronica headliner on Other/W Holts at some point over the weekend.

For those who are in the know with the local area, is there any chance that next time the license is up for renewal that we might get some later slots on the Pyramid again?  I miss "the sunset slot".

17 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah those are all fair points. I left Hot Chip that high as they seem to have a good relationship with the festival and I figured that might go in their favour, I originally had Interpol as JP headliners too but shuffled things about. Didn't realise that about Lauryn Hill, I was thinking she might be too big anyway but if she's selling out these at decent prices then yeah I agree with you on that.

Hot Chip subbed Other in 2010 and headlined WH in 2015.  I can't see why they couldn't sub Other again.

58 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Hot Chip subbed Other in 2010 and headlined WH in 2015.  I can't see why they couldn't sub Other again.

I think their last UK appearance was subbing Primal Scream at On Blackheath tho.

Maybe they would. It just stands out to me that they’d be above a bunch of bigger acts but I suppose it’s not always necessarily biggest-to-smallest.

3 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Spiritualized into Beach House is cool as fuck (put em on the same stage even if he did that last time) but as much as I like Caribou he’d be a bit of a dud to finish the night on 

Lets just sack Caribou and have the mighty Beach House headline 

Have you seen Caribou live mate? They’d be pretty legit as a Park headliner to bridge your day watching bands into your night huffing glue.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think their last UK appearance was subbing Primal Scream at On Blackheath tho.

Maybe they would. It just stands out to me that they’d be above a bunch of bigger acts but I suppose it’s not always necessarily biggest-to-smallest.

Maybe their stock has fallen a bit and I didn't realise.  Seems a low placing - maybe because they'd already toured the hell out of their last album?

Either way, I'll be there if they play - they're amazing live.  I can't imagine there would be any clashes that would keep me away.