2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hmmm.....I think they need to make the Chrmical Brothers an interesting prospect again, and about the only way I can envisage it is to put them back on the Pyramid as a sub.

Or put them on the acoustic stage. Give them a piano and a banjo or something. "There you go fellas, let's see what you can do with these!"

6 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Friday
Py: Stormzy, Disclosure, Iggy Pop, Christine & the Queens, Father John Misty, Declan McKenna
OS: Catfish & the Bottlemen, Sufjan Stevens, Chvrches, The Wombats, Carly Rae Jepsen
WH: John Hopkins, Loyle Carner, Tom Misch
JP: Alabama Shakes, St. Vincent, Car Seat Headrest
Pa: My Bloody Valentine

Father John Misty > Carly Rae Jepsen > Iggy Pop > Car Seat Headrest > St. Vincent > My Bloody Valentine

Wowee.

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

Or put them on the acoustic stage. Give them a piano and a banjo or something. "There you go fellas, let's see what you can do with these!"

I don't care, I don't care, I don't care 

I don't care if he comes round here

I got my block rockin' beats in the sideboard here

Let mother sort it out if he comes round here

Chemical Brothers on other stage is not a disappointment though is it? Probably the best set I’ve seen at the festival (2015).

if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Plus frees up some of the fee and is an easy name to split crowds

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Chemical Brothers on other stage is not a disappointment though is it? Probably the best set I’ve seen at the festival (2015).

if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Plus frees up some of the fee and is an easy name to split crowds

I dunno, surely the same principle applies to the other stages just as with the Pyramid - you don't particularly want a merry-go-round of the same names year on year. I'd watch them again, but I think they've got more free rein with the secondary stages to have a crack at something different.  You don't see many internet petitions to cancel the Other headliner...

First attempt at this! I tried to be realistic but...

Friday

Py: Taylor Swift / Ariana Grande / George Ezra / Lilly Allen / James Bay 

OS: Disclosure / CHVRCHES / Years & Years / Tom Misch / Sigrid 

WH: Wu-tang clan / Tyler the Creator / BROCKHAMPTON / Kasami Washington / Anderson .Paak 

JP: John Hopkins / Boards of Canada / Nicolas Jaar / Mount Kimbie / Oneohtrix Point Never

PA: My Bloody Valentine / The The / Slowdive / Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks / The Breeders 

Saturday 

Py: Kendrick Lamar / Childish Gambino / Janelle Monae / Ms Lauryn Hill / UB40 

OS: The Strokes / Wolf Alice / Blossoms / Mac Demarco / The Vaccines 

WH: Sufjan Stevens / St Vincent / Alvvays / Julien Baker / Mitski 

JP: Beach House / Jungle / Teenage Fanclub / Yo La Tengo / Unknown Mortal Orchestra 

PA: First Aid Kit / Natalie Prass / Sharon Van Etten / The Staves / Phoebe Bridgers

Sunday

Py: Arctic Monkeys / Vampire Weekend / Father John Misty / Spice Girls / Jimmy Cliff

OS: Bjork / James Blake / Beck / Carly Rae Jepson / Rex Orange Country 

WH: Aphex Twin / Jorja Smith / Khrugabin / Superorganism 

JP: MGMT / Parquet Courts / Car Seat Headrest / The Oh Sees / Shame 

PA: Courtney Barnett / Kurt Vile / Wye Oak / Julia Hotler / Snail Mail 

21 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Gonna be a lot of people pretty happy if the Jepster shows up next year 

Can't see it happening, mind. She doesn't appear to be on the festival circuit too much, and if she was they'd probably book a Jess Glynne type instead rather than internet forum beloved popsters.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Can't see it happening, mind. She doesn't appear to be on the festival circuit too much, and if she was they'd probably book a Jess Glynne type instead rather than internet forum beloved popsters.

IMO it depends how well this album does. If it ends up being even close to as good as Emotion was I think she would be a great booking. Sure not a mainstream act, but imo not much different to Janelle/St. Vincent/Lykke Li/FKA Twigs.

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

IMO it depends how well this album does. If it ends up being even close to as good as Emotion was I think she would be a great booking. Sure not a mainstream act, but imo not much different to Janelle/St. Vincent/Lykke Li/FKA Twigs.

A woman? Gotcha.

• Upvote 1