2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

The Weeknd is absolutely not happening imo. I reckon there would be a lot of people who haven't heard of him or couldn't name any of his songs. I'm struggling beyond a few. Actually, the three I can think of are all collaborations (with Daft Punk, Kendrick and Lana Del Rey). Don't think he's a big deal to enough people but I could be out of touch.

Bruno Mars could do it though yeah. Uptown Funk would be a party but I doubt I could be arsed watching him.

Edit: lol I forgot The Hills and Can't Feel My Face. They were huge tbf.

Edited by Odessa

10 minutes ago, Odessa said:

The Weeknd is absolutely not happening imo. I reckon there would be a lot of people who haven't heard of him or couldn't name any of his songs. I'm struggling beyond a few. Actually, the three I can think of are all collaborations (with Daft Punk, Kendrick and Lana Del Rey). Don't think he's a big deal to enough people but I could be out of touch.

Bruno Mars could do it though yeah. Uptown Funk would be a party but I doubt I could be arsed watching him.

The Daft Punk and Kendrick tracks are his songs, I believe, but I figure you're right anyway. He's sort of at a point where he'd be a massive booking for a festival where the clientele is younger folks tuned into that sorta music but he doesn't have a wealth of hits that the mid-thirties Glasto clientele are gonna know off the radio or lap up. I feel the same might be true about Kendrick to an extent but I'm hoping he headlines nonetheless.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The Daft Punk and Kendrick tracks are his songs, I believe, but I figure you're right anyway. He's sort of at a point where he'd be a massive booking for a festival where the clientele is younger folks tuned into that sorta music but he doesn't have a wealth of hits that the mid-thirties Glasto clientele are gonna know off the radio or lap up. I feel the same might be true about Kendrick to an extent but I'm hoping he headlines nonetheless.

(I put the edit in above as you were typing this out btw.)

Exactly he's not a Kanye West or Eminem where he is/was completely unavoidable no matter what you're into. Kendrick is probably the same yeah to a lesser extent, and it's probably my bias towards him that makes me ignore the lack of mainstream superhits and think he should do it anyway. He has the critical acclaim to back him up at least and is an "important" artist, which I don't feel applies to The Weeknd at all.

I think with the ever diminishing list of acts that can headline, I’d be surprised if the Eavii were as dismissive of The Weeknd. I personally cannot see much of a difference in demographic to Kung-Fu Kenny, who everyone on here is dying to have headlining. Abe’s probably the most commercial of the two in fact. I’d guess they’d have similar sized crowds and reactions from the casuals. 

Friday:
Pyramid: Kanye West / Vampire Weekend  / Childish Gambino / Charlie Puth / J-Hus / Jeremy Loops / Moby
Other: Catfish and the Bottlemen / Wolf Alice / Years and Years / Franz Ferdinand / Cage the Elephant / Kaleo / Loyle Carner

Saturday:
Pyramid: Arctic Monkeys / Tame impala / CHVRCHES / Hozier /N.E.R.D / Declan McKenna / Shame
Other: Stormzy / James Blake / ODESZA  / Blossoms / Milky Chance / Sir sly / Tyler The Creator / Greta Van Fleet

Sunday:
Pyramid: Fleetwood Mac / A$AP Rocky / Dua Lipa / Giggs / Lord Huron / Ezra Furman
Other:The 1975 /Twenty One Pilots / James Bay / St. Vincent / Ben Howard / The Kooks / Fickle Friends / Tom Grennan

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yah it’d be fine spread through eight or nine stages. A lineup where one of the oldest bands on the main two stages is Vampire Weekend isn’t a Glastonbury lineup.

I do really want Vampire Weekend to get the sub slot tho. Should happen, right?

Pyramid-

Fri: Florence + The Machine
Sat: Arctic Monkeys
Sun: Fleetwood Mac

Other-

Fri: Catfish and The Bottlemen
Sat: Disclosure
Sun: Dua Lipa

Legends Slot - Kylie Minogue. Did have Elton down but after seeing Matty's Poster, thought could be in with a good shout and would go down a treat (In my eye's at least :lol:)

5 hours ago, Walker2295 said:

Pyramid-

Fri: Florence + The Machine
Sat: Arctic Monkeys
Sun: Fleetwood Mac

Other-

Fri: Catfish and The Bottlemen
Sat: Disclosure
Sun: Dua Lipa

Legends Slot - Kylie Minogue. Did have Elton down but after seeing Matty's Poster, thought could be in with a good shout and would go down a treat (In my eye's at least :lol:)

for subs on pymid i go for bastille friday, queens of the stone age saturday and the 1975 sunday.

for subs on the other stage i will go for Franz Ferdinand friday, chase and sataus, saturday and panic at the disco sunday.