2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

Can anyone help with my dissertation 

I am a third year events management student at university and I'm looking for volunteers to help me with my dissertation research. I am researching Glastonbury, social media and the fear of missing out (FoMO). 

I am looking for people who have attended Glastonbury at least once to take a quick survey that should take no longer than 5mins to complete. 

It would be a great help with my final year dissertation. 

Here is the link; https://surveyhero.com/c/154dd864

Thanks in advance!

17 minutes ago, Cosmos said:

it arctics don't do next year they will do 2020 so foals could headline and i will swap biork for bastille and courtneers will probley sub other stage so i will put disclouse in 4th down friday pyramid stage 

Can't really see Foals doing it. They seem to only be after the top tier headliners right now and the last 9 headliners booked were Ed Sheeran, Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Coldplay, Adele, Muse, The Who (originally supposed to be Prince), Kanye West and Foo Fighters. Foals are way off this lot and last year Biffy Clyro subbed, so I don't see them wanting to give Foals a higher slot than that. Maybe if they're struggling.

Bastille could be in there aye but I was going for alternatives to the Pyramid headliners and Bastille vs Arctic Monkeys (or Foals) isn't much of an alternative.

Courteeners have played 3rd down Other on their last two appearances so I was just switching that up but yeah they could return to Other again.

Disclosure won't play any earlier in the day than sub I don't think, and they're way too big for 4th down. Last time they toured they headlined Other at Glasto and co-headlined R&L. Guess they'd either sub Pyramid or headline Other again.

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Can't really see Foals doing it. They seem to only be after the top tier headliners right now and the last 9 headliners booked were Ed Sheeran, Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Coldplay, Adele, Muse, The Who (originally supposed to be Prince), Kanye West and Foo Fighters. Foals are way off this lot and last year Biffy Clyro subbed, so I don't see them wanting to give Foals a higher slot than that. Maybe if they're struggling.

They can’t go on like that forever though without it just being a mess of boring repeat bookings.

Besides if there’s any year to squeeze in a bumped up headliner it’d be 2019 because the ballyhoo surrounding the anniversary is gonna outweigh the impact of any questionable headline bookings.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They can’t go on like that forever though without it just being a mess of boring repeat bookings.

Besides if there’s any year to squeeze in a bumped up headliner it’d be 2019 because the ballyhoo surrounding the anniversary is gonna outweigh the impact of any questionable headline bookings.

you're right we need two new headliners and a legends spot http://www.nme.com/news/music/glastonbury-2019-rumour-roy-orbison-hologram-2205595  http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/15/michael-eavis-hints-plans-glastonbury-2019-headliners-7314621/

please don't let it be calvin harris

48 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If he's not been fibbing about a new album out this year, I'd much rather see than take a punt on the Stormster than Foals.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Winslow Leach said:

If he's not been fibbing about a new album out this year, I'd much rather see than take a punt on the Stormster than Foals.

Is he meant to have a new album out? I assumed since it took a million years between Shut Up and GSAP that it’d be a long wait. But yeah he’s way more appropriate for it really.

I don’t think they’re competing for the same slot though, say if there’s already a big rap or pop act then that’s kill Stormzy’s chances, and probably the same if there’s an Arctic Monkeys or a Kasabian or Kings of Leon repeat, it’d bury Foals’ chances. In that last scenario I’d much rather they took a punt on Oxford’s fourth-finest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Is he meant to have a new album out? I assumed since it took a million years between Shut Up and GSAP that it’d be a long wait. But yeah he’s way more appropriate for it really.

I don’t think they’re competing for the same slot though, say if there’s already a big rap or pop act then that’s kill Stormzy’s chances, and probably the same if there’s an Arctic Monkeys or a Kasabian or Kings of Leon repeat, it’d bury Foals’ chances. In that last scenario I’d much rather they took a punt on Oxford’s fourth-finest.

well i think king of leon are long overdue another visit to the farm and it's been a decade since they last headlined which was 2008 but they are not as big now as they were a decade ago.

• 2 weeks later...

New month, new prediction. Only fifteen more!

Friday
Py: Foals, Janelle Monae, Iggy Pop, Christine and the Queens, Gnarls Barkley, Ezra Furman, Omar Souleyman
OS: Jamie xx, Silk City, James Bay, Blossoms, The Wombats, Mist, The Sherlocks
WH: Run-DMC, Jungle, Iamddb, Toots & the Maytals
JP: FKA twigs, Editors, Modest Mouse, Tom Grennan, Brockhampton
Pa: My Bloody Valentine, Django Django, Yaeji, This Is Not This Heat

Saturday
Py: Rihanna, The War on Drugs, Ian Brown, Duran Duran, J Hus, Mulatu Astatke & friends, Declan McKenna
OS: Catfish and the Bottlemen, Wolf Alice, Krept x Konan, Years & Years, Everything Everything, Pale Waves, Greta Van Fleet
WH: Alabama Shakes, Chaka Khan, Young Fathers, Mount Kimbie
JP: Chvrches, Lily Allen, Sigrid, The Horrors, Stefflon Don
Pa: Caribou, John Grant, Alvvays, W.I.T.C.H

Sunday
Py: Fleetwood Mac, Bastille, Dua Lipa, Cher, Kamasi Washington, Nao, Sturgill Simpson
OS: Bjork, James Blake, Hot Chip, Jorja Smith, Friendly Fires, Loyle Carner, Peace
WH: Bonobo, Dave, Tom Misch, Kelela
JP: The Vaccines, St. Vincent, Sleater-Kinney, Parquet Courts, AJ Tracey
Pa: Courtney Barnett, Rex Orange County, Benjamin Clementine, Julia Holter

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

New month, new prediction. Only fifteen more!

Friday
Py: Foals, Janelle Monae, Iggy Pop, Christine and the Queens, Gnarls Barkley, Ezra Furman, Omar Souleyman
OS: Jamie xx, Silk City, James Bay, Blossoms, The Wombats, Mist, The Sherlocks
WH: Run-DMC, Jungle, Iamddb, Toots & the Maytals
JP: FKA twigs, Editors, Modest Mouse, Tom Grennan, Brockhampton
Pa: My Bloody Valentine, Django Django, Yaeji, This Is Not This Heat

Saturday
Py: Rihanna, The War on Drugs, Ian Brown, Duran Duran, J Hus, Mulatu Astatke & friends, Declan McKenna
OS: Catfish and the Bottlemen, Wolf Alice, Krept x Konan, Years & Years, Everything Everything, Pale Waves, Greta Van Fleet
WH: Alabama Shakes, Chaka Khan, Young Fathers, Mount Kimbie
JP: Chvrches, Lily Allen, Sigrid, The Horrors, Stefflon Don
Pa: Caribou, John Grant, Alvvays, W.I.T.C.H

Sunday
Py: Fleetwood Mac, Bastille, Dua Lipa, Cher, Kamasi Washington, Nao, Sturgill Simpson
OS: Bjork, James Blake, Hot Chip, Jorja Smith, Friendly Fires, Loyle Carner, Peace
WH: Bonobo, Dave, Tom Misch, Kelela
JP: The Vaccines, St. Vincent, Sleater-Kinney, Parquet Courts, AJ Tracey
Pa: Courtney Barnett, Rex Orange County, Benjamin Clementine, Julia Holter

Woulda thought it'd make more sense to clash Bjork with Foals and Jamie xx with Fleetwood.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Woulda thought it'd make more sense to clash Bjork with Foals and Jamie xx with Fleetwood.

It probably would, but - going off the last few years - Friday night headliner on the Other is just about guaranteed to be a youth-skewing dance act. It would just seem off having him headline Sunday night.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It probably would, but - going off the last few years - Friday night headliner on the Other is just about guaranteed to be a youth-skewing dance act. It would just seem off having him headline Sunday night.

To be fair the Friday Pyramid headliners have hardly been acts with particularly young fanbases, if Foals were to headline on the Friday I'd expect something more similar to 2013.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

To be fair the Friday Pyramid headliners have hardly been acts with particularly young fanbases, if Foals were to headline on the Friday I'd expect something more similar to 2013.

Do adults listen to Muse?

But yeah good point. I wouldn't like that clash though, and Bjork against MBV/FKA twigs/Run-DMC on the other stages would be rough on quite a lot of people too I imagine.

Just now, vintagelaureate said:

I forgot to put Starcrawler on my prediction, a slot on the John Peel perhaps?

Maybe. Probably quite low down on that stage though.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Foals headlining? Janelle and The War on Drugs subbing?

Blossoms 4th down Other stage, Chvrches only topping JP and Lily Allen subbing it?

Catfish playing Other stage 3 times running I don't see

I dunno if I'm supposed to respond to this.

Nonetheless, I find that something like 60% of Pyramid subs "aren't big enough", 30% are "too big" and only 10% are seen as alright so it's probably better to predict mostly wildcards.

Blossoms clearly aren't gonna grow on this next album. I don't think Chvrches will either and Lily Allen is already taking slots at smallish festivals so that's the sort of slot I see her playing. Catfish are made for the Other Stage as well so I can imagine them returning again.

Friday
Py: Stormzy, Anderson .paak and the Free Nationals, Chvrches, Christine and the Queens, Declan McKenna, Greta Van Fleet
OS: The Chemical Brothers, Vampire Weekend, Blossoms, The Wombats, Carly Rae Jepsen, Portugal. The Man, Fickle Friends
WH: FKA Twigs, Jon Hopkins, The John Butler Trio
JP: Alabama Shakes, St. Vincent, Charli xcx
Pa: The Streets

Saturday
Py: Arctic Monkeys, Iggy Pop, Janelle Monáe, Franz Ferdinand, Billy Ocean, Kamasi Washington, Joan Armatrading
OS: Björk, Jorja Smith, James Bay, Friendly Fires, Everything Everything, Pale Waves
WH: Bonobo, Loyle Carner, Young Fathers
JP: Lily Allen, Grimes, Car Seat Headrest
Pa: My Bloody Valentine

Sunday
Py: Fleetwood Mac, Sam Smith, The Specials, Cher, Mura Masa, Lucy Rose
OS: Jamie xx, Sufjan Stevens, Sigrid, Cage the Elephant, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes
WH: Run-DMC, Chaka Khan, IAMDDB
JP: The Vaccines, Dave, Brockhampton
Pa: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Friday
Py: Stormzy, Anderson .paak and the Free Nationals, Chvrches, Christine and the Queens, Declan McKenna, Greta Van Fleet
OS: The Chemical Brothers, Vampire Weekend, Blossoms, The Wombats, Carly Rae Jepsen, Portugal. The Man, Fickle Friends

Saturday
Py: Arctic Monkeys, Iggy Pop, Janelle Monáe, Franz Ferdinand, Billy Ocean, Kamasi Washington, Joan Armatrading
OS: Björk, Jorja Smith, James Bay, Friendly Fires, Everything Everything, Pale Waves

Sunday
OS: Jamie xx, Sufjan Stevens, Sigrid, Cage the Elephant, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes

Stormzy and Anderson .Paak top 2 Pyramid? Maybe if you move them down a stage, but even that's a push for Paak.

Just now, Mash011 said:

Stormzy and Anderson .Paak top 2 Pyramid? Maybe if you move them down a stage, but even that's a push for Paak.

Could be a bit premature to assume so but I reckon Paak is gonna gain a lot of attention with his next release, getting big festival slots by summer 2019. But yeah, could be a bit high for him.

17 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Could be a bit premature to assume so but I reckon Paak is gonna gain a lot of attention with his next release, getting big festival slots by summer 2019. But yeah, could be a bit high for him.

I think Stormzy to headline is a decent shout but yeah, not sure I see Anderson .Paak being that high up, though I do think he won't be too far off it. I reckon Chemical Brothers will be saved for 2020 too but thats a very decent prediction imo.

13 hours ago, Mash011 said:

I actually think moving them down 1 on Pyramid isn't too far out although I would put Anderson sub Other.

I expect a weaker overall line-up next year though with 2020 round the corner.

13 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I think Stormzy to headline is a decent shout but yeah, not sure I see Anderson .Paak being that high up, though I do think he won't be too far off it. I reckon Chemical Brothers will be saved for 2020 too but thats a very decent prediction imo.

I agree about The Chemical Bros but I'd put Anderson .Paak subbing Other like Stormzy last year myself but time between now and then may put him to Other headliner.

I always marvel at this thread and the knowledge of the posters on here ... I would even be able to predict one act ... let alone place them on one of a few stages in an order .... ok  so fatboy slim will be there ... and I will go with October Drift somewhere perhaps someone might find them a slot on 1 of these stages :)

On 02/04/2018 at 7:29 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Stormzy/Anderson .Paak vs. The Chemical Brothers/Vampire Weekend vs. FKA Twigs/Jon Hopkins vs. Alabama Shakes/St. Vincent vs. The Streets

Arctic Monkeys vs. Björk vs. My Bloody Valentine

Iggy Pop/Janelle Monáe vs. Young Fathers vs. Car Seat Headrest

Yikes