Jump to content
paulwa

Which artists on which stages?

Recommended Posts

So now we know the Woods headliners and most of the other bands, where would you like to see the other bands placed? What would be a good running order for you? (based on what you also gauge about artist seniority from the website). My thoughts:

Woods headliners we know are: St. Vincent, Feist, Vampire Weekend
Woods headline support acts: Ezra Furman, Oh Sees, Hookworms

Garden headline: Jeff Tweedy, John Cale, Gruff Rhys
Garden headline support: Big Thief, Jonathan Wilson, Damien Jurado

Big Top headline: IDLES, Fat White Family, Titus Andronicus

My knowledge and attention span runs out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see Hookworms on one of the outdoor stages, personally. I gather that their current set up has a lot of visuals/projections, so I'd imagine they'd be in the Big Top again.

Think I agree with your Garden Stage headliners. Other than that, I'm clueless.

Edited by shoebox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a bash at starting one off

Woods    
Vampire Weekend St Vincent Feist
Ezra Furman Oh Sees Ariel Pink
Mulatu Astatke Big Thief Omar Souleyman
     
Garden    
John Cale Fat White Family Jeff Tweedy
Julia Holter Gruff Rhys Titus Andronicus
Wild Billy Childish Josh T Pearson (Sandy) Alex G
     
Big Top    
IDLES Destroyer Hookworms
     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Had a bash at starting one off

Woods    
Vampire Weekend St Vincent Feist
Ezra Furman Oh Sees Ariel Pink
Mulatu Astatke Big Thief Omar Souleyman
     
Garden    
John Cale Fat White Family Jeff Tweedy
Julia Holter Gruff Rhys Titus Andronicus
Wild Billy Childish Josh T Pearson (Sandy) Alex G
     
Big Top    
IDLES Destroyer Hookworms
     

I like it. You've gone for a bit of noisy and raucous on the Garden stage - controversial!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I'd love to see Damien Jurado headlining the Garden Stage, with full band, lights and effects. It looks like his lower billing will mean a solo acoustic slot. I'll still be happy to see him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much i love Destroyer i doubt he will be headlining any stage. I travelled from Glasgow to the Cluny2 in newcastle to see him on his last tour in December and there were less than 100 people there. 

I think Hookworms will do the late-ish Big Top slot once the Woods headliner has finished (same slot as POND last year).

Tweedy and Cale as Garden Stage headliners seem a good fit (might even be one still to be announced) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bobbyperu said:

As much i love Destroyer i doubt he will be headlining any stage. I travelled from Glasgow to the Cluny2 in newcastle to see him on his last tour in December and there were less than 100 people there. 

I think Hookworms will do the late-ish Big Top slot once the Woods headliner has finished (same slot as POND last year).

Tweedy and Cale as Garden Stage headliners seem a good fit (might even be one still to be announced) 

yeah there were about 30 people at Destroyer's gig in Brighton. they'd be about third down on Garden or Big Top..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bobbyperu said:

As much i love Destroyer i doubt he will be headlining any stage. I travelled from Glasgow to the Cluny2 in newcastle to see him on his last tour in December and there were less than 100 people there. 

I think Hookworms will do the late-ish Big Top slot once the Woods headliner has finished (same slot as POND last year).

Tweedy and Cale as Garden Stage headliners seem a good fit (might even be one still to be announced) 

Wow less than 100 people what a shame. No according to that definitely will not be headlining any stage. Would be perfect on the garden stage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2018 at 8:02 AM, Mash011 said:

Had a bash at starting one off

Woods    
Vampire Weekend St Vincent Feist
Ezra Furman Oh Sees Ariel Pink
Mulatu Astatke Big Thief Omar Souleyman
     
Garden    
John Cale Fat White Family Jeff Tweedy
Julia Holter Gruff Rhys Titus Andronicus
Wild Billy Childish Josh T Pearson (Sandy) Alex G
     
Big Top    
IDLES Destroyer Hookworms
     

 

I hope Oh Sees aren't downgraded to the Woods stage. Should be on the Garden like Fuzz or Ty Segall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Declan said:

 

I hope Oh Sees aren't downgraded to the Woods stage. Should be on the Garden like Fuzz or Ty Segall. 

I'm the opposite prefer to see them on the Woods to Garden, although they were very good there last time (is that a downgrade?)

Edited by 5co77ie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, apart from the headliners and the occasional act like Patti Smith, they tend to put background music on the Woods stage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also feel oh sees are pretty much made for the garden stage. I personally think its definitely a downgrade being on the woods stage. Woods stage is pretty much like any other stage at any other festival.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, wolfamongwolves said:

I also feel oh sees are pretty much made for the garden stage. I personally think its definitely a downgrade being on the woods stage. Woods stage is pretty much like any other stage at any other festival.

It's an odd one. The Garden stage is certainly more special more of the time, but the absolutely top performances and "awesome" stage atmosphere I've appreciated has been at the Woods stage - Flaming Lips, Father John Misty, Patti Smith, Savages, Alabama Shakes. Regarding the Oh Sees, I saw them on the Garden stage last time, so I just want to see them somewhere else, bigger crowd, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, paulwa said:

It's an odd one. The Garden stage is certainly more special more of the time, but the absolutely top performances and "awesome" stage atmosphere I've appreciated has been at the Woods stage - Flaming Lips, Father John Misty, Patti Smith, Savages, Alabama Shakes. Regarding the Oh Sees, I saw them on the Garden stage last time, so I just want to see them somewhere else, bigger crowd, etc.

It’s just a personal thing. I really don’t like the woods stage. When I’m watching a band there I could be at any festival. It’s just not special. I have seen a few bands on there that are more suited to that stage father John Misty being one. Do you think they would the oh sees would get a bigger crowd on there or would it just be a quarter full. I could not imagine them getting a huge crowd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wolfamongwolves said:

It’s just a personal thing. I really don’t like the woods stage. When I’m watching a band there I could be at any festival. It’s just not special. I have seen a few bands on there that are more suited to that stage father John Misty being one. Do you think they would the oh sees would get a bigger crowd on there or would it just be a quarter full. I could not imagine them getting a huge crowd. 

Well I don't know what particular history EotR has with this but generally festivals that book bands to come back quite soon after a previous appearance will move them to a different slot to keep things fresh. After headlining the Garden stage last time they played in 2016 the only way they don't play an identical slot is if they get moved up to the Woods. Reckon they'd get a decent crowd, anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.