TRNSMT Lineup 2019

33 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Did you not say if TRNSMT don't announce soon you're going to go to IOW which is also headlined by Geroge Ezra?

Looking at that Neighbourhood lineup last year I feel they went way too specifi with the types of acts they booked to the point were they had none left for another year.

also in regards to Neighbourhood, Ian brown has just had a new album out, with him being from warrington he was everyones set in stone headliner for a homecoming show. along with richard ashcroft this would of done fine as headliners. im sure you can imagine the backlash when that target audience were expecting an ian brown homecoming and got george Ezra ?, also the undercard doesnt help as Ezra's day is also pretty weak below.

7 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

also in regards to Neighbourhood, Ian brown has just had a new album out, with him being from warrington he was everyones set in stone headliner for a homecoming show. along with richard ashcroft this would of done fine as headliners. im sure you can imagine the backlash when that target audience were expecting an ian brown homecoming and got george Ezra ?, also the undercard doesnt help as Ezra's day is also pretty weak below.

If their choices were between Ian Brown to headline or George Ezra then I can defo see why they went for the latter.

2 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

all about the location for this one im afraid, the tickets sales so far speak for themselves on this one.

Looking at last year's lineup atm, would it not be safe to say a key reason it sold out was due to Courteeners? Was that not their only show in the Manchester region last summer and as we can see this year they can sell 50k tickets there no bother.

1 minute ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Jan/Feb/ March too he was referring to winter I think.

Can add in:

21 pilots/Nicki minaj/post malone/Ezra/busted/boyzone/panic at the disco/Fatboy slim.

Might sit on here with a few cans and watch the meltdown when Busted and Nicki minaj get announced :lol:

6 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Mumford & Sons, Bring Me The Horizon, Massive Attack all played the Hydro from Nov-Jan,  and are the ones I would guess as possible headliners.

I'd not expect BMTH and Massive Attack to headline this tbh.

Post Malone would be a wonderful clusterfuck of a reaction, and I now want this with every fibre of my being.

41 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Looking at last year's lineup atm, would it not be safe to say a key reason it sold out was due to Courteeners? Was that not their only show in the Manchester region last summer and as we can see this year they can sell 50k tickets there no bother.

Courteeners did a St jude anniversary tour last year that included the MEN arena and blackburn, meaning if you wanted to see them in the area you could. can also put them shifting 50k tickets so quickly partially down to the support, James sold out the MEN arena a few months ago. and DMA's sold out the victoria warehouse in 5 minutes( that according to the website can hold 5000 people for a concert) putting all of these acts together makes it a pretty easy sell. 

i think NBHD sold so well because the card was pretty solid up and down, Noel gallagher will always sell well in the area, Blossoms, jake bugg, miles kane, DMA's, Gerry Cinnamon added and once again its a pretty easy sell. 

2 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

Courteeners did a St jude anniversary tour last year that included the MEN arena and blackburn, meaning if you wanted to see them in the area you could. can also put them shifting 50k tickets so quickly partially down to the support, James sold out the MEN arena a few months ago. and DMA's sold out the victoria warehouse in 5 minutes( that according to the website can hold 5000 people for a concert) putting all of these acts together makes it a pretty easy sell. 

i think NBHD sold so well because the card was pretty solid up and down, Noel gallagher will always sell well in the area, Blossoms, jake bugg, miles kane, DMA's, Gerry Cinnamon added and once again its a pretty easy sell. 

Courteeners can sell about double the tickets that the MEN can hold, so it's not too much of a stretch to say that there would have still been huge interest to see them.

13 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Courteeners can sell about double the tickets that the MEN can hold, so it's not too much of a stretch to say that there would have still been huge interest to see them.

oh yeah deffo, they seem to have a pretty big following in Scotland, i actually wouldn't mind seeing them make a step up to headliner as they're one of my favorite bands, i imagine a reasonable amount of people would disagree though.

6 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

oh yeah deffo, they seem to have a pretty big following in Scotland, i actually wouldn't mind seeing them make a step up to headliner as they're one of my favorite bands, i imagine a reasonable amount of people would disagree though.

They could probably headline and sell out Glasgow summer sessions with a decent undercard. Think trnsmt would just be too big a step up. Their Edinburgh SS gig sold out pretty much instantly.