1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Have heard that T will be back next year but as a much smaller, dance music focussed festival, whereas TRNSMT will continue to be more like BST/APE

Something like the first couple of years at Rockness would be brilliant.

people mentioned a lot of trouble at T, i only went once in 2015 for the first year at Strathallan Castle and literally didn't see any trouble at all through the weekend, was the trouble specifically in abundance at belado or did i just somehow avoid it all?

3 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

people mentioned a lot of trouble at T, i only went once in 2015 for the first year at Strathallan Castle and literally didn't see any trouble at all through the weekend, was the trouble specifically in abundance at belado or did i just somehow avoid it all?

I think it's exaggerated to be honest. Went 4 years and saw no trouble whatsoever but that's just my experience.

There was always a bit of trouble, including in those last years. The media really enjoyed playing it up, and nobody who could challenge it ever felt that they wanted to.

17 hours ago, Threestripes said:

It would  my day if someone started a proper camping festival same size as balado and put DF out of business.

You realise DF Concerts is Live Nation right? It's going nowhere. They prob have no plans for another big camping event at the moment because of their other events. 

The reason I brought up Ashcroft is because I think it might be him under Catfish. Gerry Cinnamon under Stormzy, since his is the highest risk day and folk would buy tickets for Cinnamon anyways. Leaving Snow Patrol with George Ezra which is a no brainer choice tbh.

I don't think my logic is too bad.

• Like 1

I was ridiculing the idea of comparing Ezra to the likes of Robbie and Olly Murs earlier, as I was right to do. A comparison to Ed Sheeran would probably have merit though. That said, I don't think they'd get him to play, purely down to the pop stigma that now follows him than anything else.

Martin Garrix / Ezra / Gerry 

Snow Patrol / Catfish / Zara Larsson 

Biffy Clyro  / Richard Ashcroft / DMA's 

People are well twitching at how likely 'shite' this year will be eh? Lots of other good stuff out there to spend money on

1 hour ago, Threestripes said:

Gorrilaz???

That would pull it out the shite.

Damon Albarn is touring with The Good The Bad and the Queen. Fri 12 July doing Doctor Music in Spain, week later in Italy. No Scottish date so far, I believe? Maybe something like 3rd down on the Sunday could be possible.

1 hour ago, Blair G said:

Martin Garrix / Ezra / Gerry 

Snow Patrol / Catfish / Zara Larsson 

Biffy Clyro  / Richard Ashcroft / DMA's 

Ezra and Catfish are headlineing but Biffy, snow patrol and Martin garrix are not.

Is the most likely prediction at the moment Catfish/Ezra/Stormzy then? If it is, that is a huge risk on TRNSMT's end.

Stormzy will be going in off the back of headlining Glasto but on the other hand does have a very questionable popularity with the typical TRNSMT audience, especially given the other two headliners.

George Ezra, to be fair, is headlining a lot of festivals of a similar size (Isle of Wight, Parklife, Latitude), so bookers obviously do have some faith in him. He is undoubtedly one of the hottest acts in the UK right now but I can see the issue with him doing festivals. A lot of the people attending his concerts are likely to be children and their parents, and generally people who wouldn't tend to go to a festival. I'd be interested to see how he'll do as a headliner (I don't think Neighbourhood is a fair example to use, there was obviously a lot of hype around the first year and he is almost definitely a better ticket seller than Richard Ashcroft. This year's undercard is arguably weaker too so that wouldn't help with ticket sales).

Catfish have been headlining festivals slightly smaller than this for a couple of years so, with the new album, it really wouldn't be a huge push to see them headline. The issue is Catfish shouldn't be the 'safest' headliner on their first ever major festival headline spot. If they were there with two established headliners, they wouldn't be a problem at all but now they seem slightly underwhelming.

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

I was ridiculing the idea of comparing Ezra to the likes of Robbie and Olly Murs earlier, as I was right to do. A comparison to Ed Sheeran would probably have merit though. That said, I don't think they'd get him to play, purely down to the pop stigma that now follows him than anything else.

i would say that pop stigma is exactly the same for george ezra that it is for ed sheeran. 

1 hour ago, b.c said:

Nope have not seen one good line up this year across the UK

isle of wights not bad, the saturday is a car crash but the friday and sunday are pretty decent. 

this will most likely be my destination this year if these trnsmt rumours are true.

I still think Biffy are locked on for this. New music incoming and their day sold very well last time (despite torrential rain).

1 hour ago, jj200 said:

Ezra and Catfish are headlineing but Biffy, snow patrol and Martin garrix are not.

It’s pink floyd ya beauty....

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

It’s pink floyd ya beauty....

I think pink Floyd won't perform at trnsmt

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Sheeran’s too big, else it’d have happened already.