5 minutes ago, Blair G said:

A mix of EDM indie rock and rap ideal.... 

I do not see how anyone could complain with that 

Because not many people will get weekend tickets if they only like one headliner 

Summer Sessions really knocked it out of the park.

Looking like it's probably gonna be between Catfish, George Ezra, Mumfords, Royal Blood + Lana Del Rey, whether that's co-headlining or outright. 

Editors, Gerry Cinnamon, Sigrid, Nina Nesbitt + White Lies will probably pop up as they're festival favourites in the UK.

Dunno why but I think trnsmt will miss out on royal blood and they could Maybe be the top support for foo fighters at summer sessions. Got added to Leeds and reading today and they've supported foos before. I would argue their drawing power hasn't significantly grown since then. 

50 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

What makes KoL more likely than Snow Patrol is what I don't get.

Snow Patrol have already played the Hydro this year. Bit overkill to do that then headline Glasgow's festival a few months later. Not out the realms of possibility but I just don't see it. 

45 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

That's what T ended up like and it died.

Titp finished because some rocket thought moving to the worst possible venue for a festival was a good idea and having C Harris as a resident.

Florence was pretty much everyone's stuck on headliner for TRNSMT so it's a surprise she's doing Summer Sessions. Losing hope for TRNSMT by the day.

3 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

Snow Patrol have already played the Hydro this year. Bit overkill to do that then headline Glasgow's festival a few months later. Not out the realms of possibility but I just don't see it. 

Killers and Kasabian had played the Hydro the winter before they played too 

Hoping for some massive surprise to silence everyone but really struggling to even begin to imagine what the surprise would be. The longer they wait the more disappointing this is gonna get

Just now, Goer190 said:

Hoping for some massive surprise to silence everyone but really struggling to even begin to imagine what the surprise would be. The longer they wait the more disappointing this is gonna get

There won't be any surprises. It's going to be bottom of the barrel acts and I'm being highly optimistic that they will book KOL.

6 minutes ago, Goer190 said:

So are we down to, KOL, Catfish, Snow Patrol, George Ezra? Bleak  

Bleak it’s utterly horrific ..

Least if the suns out and you fancy a wee session you’ll be able to pick a brief outside no bother.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it'll be Gerry Cinnamon doing 8 sets a day for three days. :D 

Would certainly be a crowd pleaser in Glasgow. 😅 

• Upvote 1

i know he’s not particularly the genre of trnsmt but has someone like travis Scott, or anothe rapper been mentioned?(apart from stormzy)

For me the best I  could hope for is 

RHCP, royal blood

catfish, gerry

KOL, fuck knows

but most likely Ezra instead of RHCP

To be fair they seem to have done a really good job with Summer Sessions and the bandstand gigs this year. Probably means TRNSMT will be as poor as expected but it's worked out better for me this way.

Yeah, I’m actually not too fussy with Trnsmt as the Summer Sessions means I can see The Cure. Thought I’d never see them live in Scotland. 

20 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Royal blood are UK exclusive to reading and Leeds so yeah we're looking at bottom of the barrel acts 

As has been said before, Kasabian were supposed to be a UK exclusive to R&L (I think) and they headlined Trnsmt. 

20 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Royal blood are UK exclusive to reading and Leeds so yeah we're looking at bottom of the barrel acts 

As has been said before, Kasabian were supposed to be a UK exclusive to R&L (I think) and they headlined Trnsmt.