TRNSMT Lineup 2019

6 hours ago, guylin29 said:

Was there the whole weekend.  Great time, however, from my perspective the quality of the line-up was terrible and the sound from the stage meant bass was overpowering instrumental background.  Was near the front for Lewis Capaldi, couldn't see him from the sea of phones-what is the actual point of that.  TRNSMT should be getting headliners like Biffy Clyro and Muse.  I was dreading Stormzy and actually thought he was outstanding.  Tom Grennan, The Dunts, The Kooks, FONTAINES DC and The Amazons were quality, the rest were very poor.  Catfish and the bottlemen are not a headlining act, the human crush was ridiculous, idiots trying to get to the front.  Would I go again, yes.  Only for a day.

I agree but I feel there are some acts that trnsmt could have gotten this year.

These include

Florence if she didn't do Edinburgh summer sessions.

Mumford and sons

Biffy

The courteeners

The strokes

Bombay bicycle club if wilderness hadn't given them UK exelise.

Two door cinema club

Foals

Foos if they were around in July and not August.

The 1975

Muse

43 minutes ago, jj200 said:

These include

Mumford and sons

Biffy

The courteeners

The strokes

Two door cinema club

Foals

The 1975

Muse

muse wouldn't have sold their stadiums if they did TRNSMT

1975, foos, florence doing other things in scotland owned by them, so they chose to do it how they did it/tour schedules

strokes aren't big enough a draw to headline I think and wouldn't sub

foals did this is tomorrow and courteeners kendal. courteeners is a worse choice as a headliner than any of this years for size and they played last year too. Not sure if Foals are big enough in Scotland (don't know though, but with this is tomorrow probably not anyway)

two door are just headlining smaller festivals this year, guess they chose not to and bombay are probably trying to sell tickets to their tour first

kind of surprised not biffy but they really don't suit this years target audience that well plus didn't tell great last time i think? only played 2 years ago the thing that killed titp was repeat headliners and that seems to be what everyone wants for trnsmt with shouts of LG etc

mumford are boring nobody wants them anyway

23 hours ago, jj200 said:

These include

Mumford and sons

Biffy

The courteeners

The strokes

Two door cinema club

Foals

The 1975

Muse

Foals and Bombay Bicycle Club would maybe sell 14 tickets between them if they were lucky. No where near big enough in Scotland to be near this.

3 hours ago, Mattie123 said:

Foals are most likely going to be headlining Glastonbury next year. How are they not big enough?

Toured too heavily this year I think. Still not a household name at all honestly - i do love them but their big songs are just not well known really at all compared to other options. 

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

Toured too heavily this year I think. Still not a household name at all honestly - i do love them but their big songs are just not well known really at all compared to other options. 

They're certainly more of a household name than Catfish & the Bottlemen.