TRNSMT Lineup 2019

On 6/27/2019 at 4:08 PM, didinowanttohearthat said:

The tickets they allocated for day tickets that day will have sold out, obv they're not literally at capacity for that day and they'd rather try sell more weekend tickets. 

Any band selling out stadiums isn't gonna be playing trnsmt regardless of genre so dunno what you mean by that.

Yeah this is a load of rubbish - Killers played last year to add to this who definitely could sell out stadiums here and abroad, same with Arctic Monkeys too. Foos are playing GSS which is smaller and if they were around in early July then no doubt they'd be doing this instead.

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Yeah this is a load of rubbish - Killers played last year to add to this who definitely could sell out stadiums here and abroad, same with Arctic Monkeys too. Foos are playing GSS which is smaller and if they were around in early July then no doubt they'd be doing this instead.

Aye and Kasabian have done stadiums too. Muse will play some time no doubt as well.

15 hours ago, gfa said:

Killers couldn't even sell out their TRNSMT tickets and they were doing 2 for 1 offers for their day. Monkeys don't do stadiums. Foos could of course but was thinking of bands that were doing or have done TRNSMT. None of the headliners from any of the three years are what I'd call 'stadium bands'.

11 hours ago, devilman said:

Aye and Kasabian have done stadiums too. Muse will play some time no doubt as well.

They did Leicester's stadium the year they won the league, they're not a 'stadium' band.Muse were about last year but didn't play and did stadiums instead? Kinda proves my point nah?

3 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Killers couldn't even sell out their TRNSMT tickets and they were doing 2 for 1 offers for their day. Monkeys don't do stadiums. Foos could of course but was thinking of bands that were doing or have done TRNSMT. None of the headliners from any of the three years are what I'd call 'stadium bands'.

They did Leicester's stadium the year they won the league, they're not a 'stadium' band.Muse were about last year but didn't play and did stadiums instead? Kinda proves my point nah?

Question for you mate...

Your the head honcho for a new festival in Scotland would you book utter boring piss like trnsmt has just to sell tickets or would you go for more edgy acts to make it a better festival???

40 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

Question for you mate...

Your the head honcho for a new festival in Scotland would you book utter boring piss like trnsmt has just to sell tickets or would you go for more edgy acts to make it a better festival???

Well I would book muse , arcade fire and Coldplay as the headliners and twenty-one pilots, the 1975 and Kasabian as subs.

6 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Monkeys choose not to do stadiums, no denying they could since they sold out 80k worth of O2 in minutes last year, off a completely slated album too. Could definitely do a few stadiums next album tour. Muse's stadium shows barely sold out/didn't so they obviously made the right choice. Killers did Wembley a few years back and could again, just look at the wonderful wonderful tour https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderful_Wonderful_World_Tour like 20 arena dates which all sold out and they do festivals here most years too.

1 hour ago, jj200 said:

Well I would book muse , arcade fire and Coldplay as the headliners and twenty-one pilots, the 1975 and Kasabian as subs.

Yeah i'm sure a £400 festival would go down great.

9 hours ago, Threestripes said:

Question for you mate...

Are you actually being serious?

If I’m in charge of a fest obv I’m gonna try sell tickets.

You can go to other festivals you know, trnsmt is a pop festival and you need to accept that.

Well I watched stormzy at Glasto. I tried to get it but I just can't connect with it at all. I'm sure the lyrics are all meaningful and that but most of them fly past me as just noise. IDLES and the Cure however, were brilliant. Gerry C was OK, Lewis Capaldi just not my thing. At least I found another band on teh TRNSMT line up that are pretty good though - Fontaines DC. 

On 6/28/2019 at 4:44 PM, gordo1701 said:

Just been given an offer to buy VIP tickets for Friday & Saturday for the price of a standard ticket. Assuming they’re not selling very well then. As that offer wasn’t done last year

Of course they're not selling VIP tickets. There's nothing there for older festival goers who have the disposable cash to afford such things. They'll really suffer with onsite sales too at the bars and merch. Ice cream vans will make a killing though :) 

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

Aye. The VIP tickets are going absolutely nowhere. They've been desperate to shift them for months. They need to realise with the direction the festival is taking, VIP tickets aren't the best idea.

costs them next to nothing to set up though and worst comes to worst they will swap them to normal tickets

3 hours ago, devilman said:

Of course they're not selling VIP tickets. There's nothing there for older festival goers who have the disposable cash to afford such things. They'll really suffer with onsite sales too at the bars and merch. Ice cream vans will make a killing though :)

Yeah I never understood the VIP thing either. Like I want to be at the stages not in some recluse area away from the music. I've looked at VIP for all sorts of festivals & it just looks so pointless

3 hours ago, gordo1701 said:

Also, does anyone have any idea who the current planned replacement for Jess Glynne is? 

We don't know, but it won't be big and may just be added to the start of the day since Lewis Capaldi's announcement sold the day out within hours.

9 hours ago, gfa said:

We don't know, but it won't be big and may just be added to the start of the day since Lewis Capaldi's announcement sold the day out within hours.

That didn’t sell the day out. It’s a trick DF have played a few times. If they only had say 2000 day tickets available, they sell them, announce it’s sold out on the day and guide punters to buy either 2 or 3 day tickets. It’s a business strategy.

7 minutes ago, Red Day said:

That didn’t sell the day out. It’s a trick DF have played a few times. If they only had say 2000 day tickets available, they sell them, announce it’s sold out on the day and guide punters to buy either 2 or 3 day tickets. It’s a business strategy.

At the very least it's selling well and the best of the days so wouldn't expect a big name replacement.

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

I think losing someone like Jess Glynne who might have attracted folk to that day and is a decent size, they should at least be obligated to LOOK for a suitable replacement. Easier said than done at this stage of course.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was just some moving about & putting The Kooks & Wombats on a bit later & taking someone from the King Tut’s Stage or something. Doesn’t seem like there’s a lot they can do at this stage

14 hours ago, Red Day said:

Well aware, should have put 'sold out' i guess.

I'd be quite happy with everyone getting 5-10 minutes added to each set myself, that day is really strong size of acts wise even if they are quite generic picks, like Kooks just headlined community which is a similar size in capacity to TRNSMT isn't it (40k at community) and they are 3rd down, not half bad.