Jump to content

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Mattie123 said:

The way I see it is, this is more for younger audience 16-25 year old. Whereas the ss bookings- the cure etc are aimed at an older audience. I’m sure they could’ve had the cure on a day with Gerry cinnamon and dma’s but then you’d have people complaining about wee bams ruining it for you.

Yeah I agree. To be honest even as someone who fits into that age bracket I’m delighted with how they’ve done things this year. I’d much rather be able to see The Cure with brilliant, more suitable, supports than have them lumped into a TRNSMT day with The Kooks and Bastille. Having Summer Sessions and the Kelvingrove bandstand gigs for an older auidence and TRNSMT as a much more modern festival seems like a good deal to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mattie123 said:

The way I see it is, this is more for younger audience 16-25 year old. Whereas the ss bookings- the cure etc are aimed at an older audience. I’m sure they could’ve had the cure on a day with Gerry cinnamon and dma’s but then you’d have people complaining about wee bams ruining it for you.

Exactly this, Radiohead and Queen didn't work at TRNSMT based on their crowds vs the other acts, so they are just adapting. George Ezra also isn't at all out of place - at the end of the day he's basically just doing the same thing Gerry Cinnamon is; in concept he is a single person with a guitar. I think they are doing a great job and when compared to sales at other festivals across the UK, in a region with fewer people like Glasgow/Scotland altogether I think they are doing a good job. Also the undercards are absolutely stacked - 5th down Wombats when they are playing 3rd down at Reading is impressive and like Kooks who are 4th down are headlining festivals like Community. Not many festivals have 5th done arena bands. Pretty crazy how DMA's and Wombats are both playing 5th down really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad to hear the Rev from Alabama 3 passed away yesterday. He and they are a favourite of mine. I've seen them at a few Scottish festivals including TRNSMT. RIP Rev.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, devilman said:

Sad to hear the Rev from Alabama 3 passed away yesterday. He and they are a favourite of mine. I've seen them at a few Scottish festivals including TRNSMT. RIP Rev.

Heard about this today was looking forward to see them at vibration on Saturday.

RIP

Edited by Threestripes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 4:04 PM, gfa said:

Exactly this, Radiohead and Queen didn't work at TRNSMT based on their crowds vs the other acts, so they are just adapting. George Ezra also isn't at all out of place - at the end of the day he's basically just doing the same thing Gerry Cinnamon is; in concept he is a single person with a guitar. I think they are doing a great job and when compared to sales at other festivals across the UK, in a region with fewer people like Glasgow/Scotland altogether I think they are doing a good job. Also the undercards are absolutely stacked - 5th down Wombats when they are playing 3rd down at Reading is impressive and like Kooks who are 4th down are headlining festivals like Community. Not many festivals have 5th done arena bands. Pretty crazy how DMA's and Wombats are both playing 5th down really.

Tbh the saturday lineup is filled with some of the most popular bands around. Catfish, dma’s, RA. And then bands that are gathering a lot of momentum like the snuts and the dunts. Aswell as Sam fender . The Sunday undercard is decent in comparison to Leeds but can’t see many people at main stage after 4pm. The Friday isn’t for me however, stormzy is one of the biggest artists in the uk, Gerry is one of the hottest in Scotland. And others like anime/aj Tracey are also pretty big. 

Think people rightly said the headliners were weak, but there really wasn’t much else about and people overreacted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 4:04 PM, gfa said:

Exactly this, Radiohead and Queen didn't work at TRNSMT based on their crowds vs the other acts, so they are just adapting. George Ezra also isn't at all out of place - at the end of the day he's basically just doing the same thing Gerry Cinnamon is; in concept he is a single person with a guitar. I think they are doing a great job and when compared to sales at other festivals across the UK, in a region with fewer people like Glasgow/Scotland altogether I think they are doing a good job. Also the undercards are absolutely stacked - 5th down Wombats when they are playing 3rd down at Reading is impressive and like Kooks who are 4th down are headlining festivals like Community. Not many festivals have 5th done arena bands. Pretty crazy how DMA's and Wombats are both playing 5th down really.

Is Glasgow/Scotland that small a region? I think there is still demand there for a festival that appeals to older and younger people in Scotland (Electric Picnic in Ireland manages this and as a result sells out it 55,000 tickets instantly every year) but so far TRNSMT has yet to get the balance right (a second stage/tent for more mid tier alternative acts could work if there's space) .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

Is Glasgow/Scotland that small a region? I think there is still demand there for a festival that appeals to older and younger people in Scotland (Electric Picnic in Ireland manages this and as a result sells out it 55,000 tickets instantly every year) but so far TRNSMT has yet to get the balance right (a second stage/tent for more mid tier alternative acts could work if there's space) .  

Thats true I guess, although a lot less touring goes on in Ireland too which doesn't help I guess. I think TRNSMT isn't doing half bad to be honest, this year due to touring clearly GSS is old and TRNSMT is young but that could easily change next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we think there will be buy one get one free on Friday day tickets soon?

want to see Amazons and Circa Waves but nothing in between, so thought I might use both tickets myself.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching IOW jealous as ****.

I know there’s decient festivals I can go to with camping in England but I despise the rocket who wasted titp.

Someone could make a killing doing a similar sized festival up here.

Dont know one person except some young team  that is going to trnsmt and that’s out of over 50 that went to t religiously.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There must be a site somewhere fairly central that they could use. The calendar certainly feels empty now without T even though I probably wouldn't go. I go to camping fests in England 3 times a year now. I dunno if it would ever get back to the glory days but it certainly feels that is was run into the ground by incompetence rather than a lack of demand. I'm sure there is still a place for something similar.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, devilman said:

There must be a site somewhere fairly central that they could use. The calendar certainly feels empty now without T even though I probably wouldn't go. I go to camping fests in England 3 times a year now. I dunno if it would ever get back to the glory days but it certainly feels that is was run into the ground by incompetence rather than a lack of demand. I'm sure there is still a place for something similar.

The move from balado killed it, there’s no way it could’ve went on any longer at strathallan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not going to lie. George Ezra looked like fucking great fun at IOW. It's inching me further towards getting a ticket for that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

The move from balado killed it, there’s no way it could’ve went on any longer at strathallan.

It was going down the pan at Balado. Crowd numbers were reducing due , as DM says, to the incompetence of the organisers. Moving it to strathallan was just the final nail in its coffin.  Absolute waste of a once great festival. 

Edited by Red Day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Red Day said:

It was going down the pan at Balado. Crowd numbers were reducing due , as DM says, to the incompetence of the organisers. Moving it to strathallan was just the final nail in its coffin.  Absolute waste of a once great festival. 

Theres certainly still demand, surprised that the one which shut recently after moving to Glasgow - 90k campers has basically gone to zero now its just crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, gfa said:

Theres certainly still demand, surprised that the one which shut recently after moving to Glasgow - 90k campers has basically gone to zero now its just crazy.

Electric Fields?

It got cancelled due to lack of demand.

Its such a shame but I think we’ve had it. Things like summer sessions look like the future. 

Kendal Calling is good and you can probably get there as easy from Glasgow as Wickerman or EF.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Comfy Bean said:

Electric Fields?

It got cancelled due to lack of demand.

Its such a shame but I think we’ve had it. Things like summer sessions look like the future. 

Kendal Calling is good and you can probably get there as easy from Glasgow as Wickerman or EF.

Its just crazy how 90k campers have just like vanished completely. I guess Kendal is something but like versus titp ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, gfa said:

Its just crazy how 90k campers have just like vanished completely. I guess Kendal is something but like versus titp ? 

I know. It’s a shit state of affairs but we are where we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2019 at 8:22 AM, Red Day said:

It was going down the pan at Balado. Crowd numbers were reducing due , as DM says, to the incompetence of the organisers. Moving it to strathallan was just the final nail in its coffin.  Absolute waste of a once great festival. 

2014 sold well, it was packed. Even 2015 did ok at strathallan numbers wise- then when people realised the new venue was shite they didn't go back the next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't 2014 actually end up selling out? It was exactly the sort of lineup T in the Park should have always been putting out, and the previous two years were a step back, despite me wildly enjoying them. Especially 2013, which I loved.

2016 looked great, but they were fucked because of the year before. They picked a shocking venue because they never gave it their due diligence.

Ended up getting a George Ezra. The Amazons ended up being the final push, when I discovered they're fucking brilliant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going back to what someone said about Kendal Calling, it's definitely more suited to folk who are disappointed with TRNSMT and very easy to get to. Couple of hours on a bus and a reasonable price for the lineup you're getting. I'm taking my nephew to it and much looking forward to spending a weekend in lots of mud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Going back to what someone said about Kendal Calling, it's definitely more suited to folk who are disappointed with TRNSMT and very easy to get to. Couple of hours on a bus and a reasonable price for the lineup you're getting. I'm taking my nephew to it and much looking forward to spending a weekend in lots of mud.

Can’t make that weekend because Streetrave’s 30 th birthday is on the Saturday.

Can you recommend any other festivals mate?

Was supposed to be going to cool brittania that the kind of line up am right into but can’t get time off work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately not. My favourite festival ever, Festival No 6, closed it's doors. Places like Truck, Y Not and the likes seem to be in the same vein though. Look like good festivals for festival goers of old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Threestripes said:

Can you recommend any other festivals mate?

Belladrum. It's great. Varied line up and a proper boutique festival with lots going on besides the music. Not a milked cash cow yet. It's the week before Bloodstock so I'm out for the foreseeable as Bloodstock is ace, but you kinda have to like heavy to get anything out of that experience. A lot of my friends do Bella every year regardless of who is on, they've never had a bad one yet and it always sells out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Didn't 2014 actually end up selling out? It was exactly the sort of lineup T in the Park should have always been putting out, and the previous two years were a step back, despite me wildly enjoying them. Especially 2013, which I loved.

2016 looked great, but they were fucked because of the year before. They picked a shocking venue because they never gave it their due diligence.

Ended up getting a George Ezra. The Amazons ended up being the final push, when I discovered they're fucking brilliant.

2014 didn’t come close to selling out.  The crowd numbers were dwindling for a few years. Think that was a big factor in moving to a venue with a smaller capacity.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Red Day said:

2014 didn’t come close to selling out.  The crowd numbers were dwindling for a few years. Think that was a big factor in moving to a venue with a smaller capacity.  

It might not have sold out but it was defo busy. Is there anyway to actually see official attendances does anyone know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...