On 3/7/2019 at 1:23 PM, DomDom1984 said:

Folk are talking about The Strokes as a headline act FFS.

I know this debate is tired but please, there's no doubt that The Strokes are a headline act, especially considering the size of TRNSMT. I genuinely won't be surprised if the Courteeners or Gerry headline in the next couple of years, but one of the most influential bands of the past couple decades couldn't? 

6 hours ago, jkerr4412 said:

I know this debate is tired but please, there's no doubt that The Strokes are a headline act, especially considering the size of TRNSMT. I genuinely won't be surprised if the Courteeners or Gerry headline in the next couple of years, but one of the most influential bands of the past couple decades couldn't? 

They might be a headline act...but not there they aren't.

10 hours ago, jkerr4412 said:

They're a smaller headline act than most, and The Prodigy would fit that bill, and probably put on a better show into the bargain.

Courteeners time has probably passed btw. Maybe a major Manchester festival could get away with that, but they wouldn't anywhere else. I'd say the same would probably be true for Gerry Cinnamon down the line in Glasgow. It's not really comparable.

Are we expecting another act on the Sunday? Or are we just expecting an extended set from Snow Patrol and no other acts?

I wonder how well this is selling. I know a few younger people talking about going but I'm not sure they'll have the same numbers that Liam or The Arctic Monkeys had last year. Its probably just me but I fell like the whole Gerry hype is dying down a little and none of Catfish's new songs have exactly set the world alight.

46 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I wonder how well this is selling. I know a few younger people talking about going but I'm not sure they'll have the same numbers that Liam or The Arctic Monkeys had last year. Its probably just me but I fell like the whole Gerry hype is dying down a little and none of Catfish's new songs have exactly set the world alight.

I don't think trnsmt lineupis is as good as last year but if they booked Biffy , Mumfords  and foos headlineing  instead of stromzy Catfish and George Ezra it would go down pretty well.

My nephew who’s just turned 16 and a squad of his mates are going on the sat/sun.

Itll probabbly sell well to the young team ....sadly trnsmt for the more mature older crowd is finished after 2 years.

Foos weren't available.

I'm not sure the Catfish day is doing so well as I've seen that day getting advertised even more than the weekend tickets. So I'm assuming they're reasonably happy with the rest.

I've heard some school kids saying they think it's a good line up. They wouldn't be able to go without parents. I don't know anybody who is thinking of going. That's never happened before for T/TRNSMT. Lots going to Foos and Cure though.

15 hours ago, jj200 said:

The weekend tickets are nearly sold out

Heard they’ve replaced 3/4s of the bars with ice cream vans.

Wouldn’t day tickets sell out before weekend tickets? I’ve literally not heard of a single person going this year. 

I'd imagine they're happy with both. They sent out an email the other day and the main focus was on the merch with a wee bit on the tickets at the end. The Catfish advertising has fucked off as well that I was seeing not long ago.

Another email today and much the same story. Mostly trying to push VIP tickets, and a wee bit on undercard bands.

I wonder what percentage of tickets they've actually gotten rid of.

• Upvote 1

I know I'm old and out of touch these days but it's as if this festival isn't happening at all this year. Nobody I know is going or talking about it but it seems as if no one is talking about it. Not even on here! I'm not seeing any ads anywhere though, even at the venues I'd expect to see them. Quietest it's ever been in the T/TRNSMT era. Is it really struggling or is the crowd that's going even too young for my 18 and 22 year old sons to know about?

They'd be pushing like FUCK if they weren't selling. But there's no giveaways or anything either. So they must be selling the tickets to somebody. But like you, I'm not 100% sure exactly who it is. They were pushing Catfish day pretty heavily initially and then that's pretty much been it. They're clearly content.

My 18 year old niece and a few of her pals are going but I don't know anyone above that age group who'll be there. 

23 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

It really is a kick in the teeth this year to the crowd trnsmt is supposed to be for.

It's been going two years, its hardly gone all in on a certain audience yet. And the last two years have been all over the place with the different audience its been aimed towards. Granted Ezra and Stormzy are a bit different and stormzys undercard obviously is an exception but most of the acts would have fit in perfectly the last couple of years 

3 hours ago, Threestripes said:

It really is a kick in the teeth this year to the crowd trnsmt is supposed to be for.

Most of the top acts have played before and the 3 headliners all played the first year of TRNSMT. The Radiohead & Queen bookings are the anomalies not these ones imo.

6 hours ago, NerdsNatterings said:

It's been going two years, its hardly gone all in on a certain audience yet.

It was sold initially as a non camping, no EDM festival for more mature festival goers. Presumably to shake the negative feeing that had caused the failure of TITP with the fights and drug deaths. I doubt they'd have got a licence if they had just said we're bringing T to Glasgow with no camping. It's going that way though it seems. Calvin Harris to headline next year? Actually, he's probably a bit past it for the audience now :) 

24 minutes ago, devilman said:

It was sold initially as a non camping, no EDM festival for more mature festival goers. Presumably to shake the negative feeing that had caused the failure of TITP with the fights and drug deaths. I doubt they'd have got a licence if they had just said we're bringing T to Glasgow with no camping. It's going that way though it seems. Calvin Harris to headline next year? Actually, he's probably a bit past it for the audience now :) 

They've not booked anything like Calvin Harris though unless I'm missing something obvious. The headliners might be a bit more aimed towards the younger audience but they've all played TRNSMT before. There's not really any reason to think Calvin Harris will be headlining next year.

Is it really that much of a progression from last year? Most of the acts wouldn't look out of place in the slightest at either of the last two years. Queen and Radiohead were both bookings that stood out as much as Stormzy or George Ezra compared to the other headliners in their respective years.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, devilman said:

The way I see it is, this is more for younger audience 16-25 year old. Whereas the ss bookings- the cure etc are aimed at an older audience. I’m sure they could’ve had the cure on a day with Gerry cinnamon and dma’s but then you’d have people complaining about wee bams ruining it for you.