TRNSMT Lineup 2019

5 minutes ago, swede said:

Went last year for 2 days and really enjoyed it. Saw Catfish for the first time in my hometown of Hull on Saturday and couldn't believe how good they are live, absolutely electric performance.

Chatting with the couple me and the wife went with last year and came to the conclusion that Glasto is a no no this year in terms of holidays and finances so we've booked the Saturday and Sunday for Trnsmt, cant wait !!

Theres six of us going, 4 of us went last year, booked an apartment less than half a mile from Glasgow Green, travelling from Hull on train. The lineup for the Sundays not the best but my friends love Ezra so couldn't say no to the second day, plus after going last year we know our way to Merchant Street for a few drinks beforehand each day. I absolutely loved the Sunday last year hitting a few bars round Glasgow before we went in to see Interpol.

Certainly plenty pubs close by if you don’t fancy some of the music. Would recommend booking a table in the winged ox, just next to the green.

On 2/27/2019 at 3:26 PM, Jonesy1 said:

Certainly plenty pubs close by if you don’t fancy some of the music. Would recommend booking a table in the winged ox, just next to the green.

Cheers mate, we found some great bars round merchant square last year, plus an amazing burger and ribs place which we’ll be heading back to this year 

2 hours ago, Threestripes said:

Get the underground to the west end 

Cracking bars.

Don’t disagree about the pubs out in the west end but....if I was an out of towner coming in to Glasgow for Trnsmt then I reckon there is enough in the merchant city to keep anyone happy for the drinking time you’d have available.

Thats what we’ve done the last couple of years. Plenty decent places to eat too.

Edited by Comfy Bean

7 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Don’t disagree about the pubs out in the west end but....if I was an out of towner coming in to Glasgow for Trnsmt then I reckon there is enough in the merchant city to keep anyone happy for the drinking time you’d have available.

Thats what we’ve done the last couple of years. Plenty decent places to eat too.

We loved merchant city, our apartment is 5 minutes from merchant as well so we won’t be venturing outside of there and the festival, what’s the point 

I live in West End, and there are plenty cracking bars, but if you're from out of town I would probably recommend finding watering holes around Merchant City, just means you don't have the extra effort of going to West End and back.

Maggie Mays is nice for a cheap and cheerful pint, usually pretty packed on TRNSMT days. There's a decent sized Brewdog (called the Doghouse) as well, and a load of places in Merchant Square - O'Neills, etc.

My only festival experience with them was Gig on the Green 2002. That was supposedly them at their worst, and they were brilliant. Could believe that they were at their worst though, because at the Academy a couple of years ago, they were fucking unreal. Absolute carnage.

2 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

My only festival experience with them was Gig on the Green 2002. That was supposedly them at their worst, and they were brilliant. Could believe that they were at their worst though, because at the Academy a couple of years ago, they were fucking unreal. Absolute carnage.

That would have been around the time they released Baby's Got A Temper, in fairness that was a shit song.

22 hours ago, Jericode said:

More accurate than petty tbh. "Headline" generally implies main stage.

Are you for real who actually cares ???

Glastonbury organiser Emily Eavis confirmed Prodigy had been booked to headline the festival this year.

This is where I got it from no mention of second first third or playing in the campsite take a day off you utter fruitcakes.

• Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

Glastonbury organiser Emily Eavis confirmed Prodigy had been booked to headline the festival this year.

This is where I got it from no mention of second first third or playing in the campsite take a day off you utter fruitcakes.

Or you know, you could just go “OK fair enough” instead of getting all precious?

Just a thought.

On 3/4/2019 at 10:45 AM, harryomatic said:

I live in West End, and there are plenty cracking bars, but if you're from out of town I would probably recommend finding watering holes around Merchant City, just means you don't have the extra effort of going to West End and back.

Maggie Mays is nice for a cheap and cheerful pint, usually pretty packed on TRNSMT days. There's a decent sized Brewdog (called the Doghouse) as well, and a load of places in Merchant Square - O'Neills, etc.

Agreed. Babbity Bowster, 13th Note, Blackfriars. Loads of decent places.

58 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

Deary me

Go and read Emily's post. She said 'booked to play', no mention of headlining