9 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Catfish are massive and shift tickets, you'd be naive to think otherwise

They're popular in Scotland but if they were really that big they'd be stepping up to headline Glasto or Reading this year which ain't happening.

37 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

They're popular in Scotland but if they were really that big they'd be stepping up to headline Glasto or Reading this year which ain't happening.

Nail. Head. Bit like Courteeners in the Lancashire area. 

CATB with the Strokes special guests would have went down better. 

The reaction on social media tells you everything. This is not going to sell well. 

40 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

The reaction on social media tells you everything. This is not going to sell well. 

Why though, would the Strokes play before a less popular, less acclaimed, much easier to see, much cheaper, far inferior (last one is subjective but let's be sensible) band with a fraction of the back catalogue? It's expecting far too much. They wouldn't possibly sub any headliner Trnsmt has ever had, let alone Catfish and the Bottlemen. 

50 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

Yeah and if The Beatles were speical guests it would have gone down better too lol. It's fair enough to say the lineup is pish but at least give realsitic suggestions to improve it- not suggesting The Strokes playing in a non-headline slot.

Also, Courteeners are bigger up north for sure but don't think same can be said about Catfish- they play big venues everywhere in UK.

The line up for me is awful but I’m not in the demographic they’re aiming for. It’ll sell ok to teenagers and maybe those in early 20s but may struggle further than that. I’d hazard a guess 2 for 1 tickets for each day will become available in July. DF have catered for my age group with The Cure and FF at Summer Sessions and the gigs in Kelvingrove and Edinburgh.  I can see why they’ve gone with the trnsmt line up though. I’ll be at the Cure, Teenage Fanclub, The National and probably Primal Scream. 

6 minutes ago, Red Day said:

The line up for me is awful but I’m not in the demographic they’re aiming for. It’ll sell ok to teenagers and maybe those in early 20s but may struggle further than that. I’d hazard a guess 2 for 1 tickets for each day will become available in July. DF have catered for my age group with The Cure and FF at Summer Sessions and the gigs in Kelvingrove and Edinburgh.  I can see why they’ve gone with the trnsmt line up though. I’ll be at the Cure, Teenage Fanclub, The National and probably Primal Scream. 

I think that Sunday will get in a good few oldies. Snow patrol plus George Ezra who is very popular with mums i think. Plus ashcroft on the sat will draw some in too. You're right tho its defo aimed at youngsters.

Edited by didinowanttohearthat

Just now, didinowanttohearthat said:

I think that Sunday will get in a good few oldies. Snow patrol plus George Ezra who is very popular with mums i think

Suppose that’s possible. SP and Ezra probably appeals to a fair crossover 

6 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

I think that Sunday will get in a good few oldies. Snow patrol plus George Ezra who is very popular with mums i think. Plus ashcroft on the sat will draw some in too. You're right tho its defo aimed at youngsters.

That last bit is why I don’t really have any issue with what they’re aiming for. I’ve plenty gigs to attend in the summer that appeal to my taste and there does need to be events that cater for the teens and slightly above. The line up is full of radio 1 airplay and chart music. Absolutely no appeal to me but a big draw for a certain age. I’m not overly familiar with Stormzy or grime and the younger folks I know don’t have any interest in it. Gamble of a booking maybe, but quite a good idea putting cinnamon on the same day. 

2 minutes ago, Red Day said:

That last bit is why I don’t really have any issue with what they’re aiming for. I’ve plenty gigs to attend in the summer that appeal to my taste and there does need to be events that cater for the teens and slightly above. The line up is full of radio 1 airplay and chart music. Absolutely no appeal to me but a big draw for a certain age. I’m not overly familiar with Stormzy or grime and the younger folks I know don’t have any interest in it. Gamble of a booking maybe, but quite a good idea putting cinnamon on the same day. 

Yeah I think they've done alright with what they've got and what's possible. As you say yeah they've put loads of other stuff on with GSS, ESS, Bandstand gigs and SWG3 there's ssomething for everyone. I'm not naive enough to think for instance The Strokes will play trnsmt so it's easier for me to just buy tickets to see them in london then i don't need to get annoyed that george ezra is headlining.

8 hours ago, rawzyj said:

TRNSMT last year 

No it didn't. :lol:

You are easily the worst on here for just talking utter shit to go with your own agenda.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Yeah I think they've done alright with what they've got and what's possible. As you say yeah they've put loads of other stuff on with GSS, ESS, Bandstand gigs and SWG3 there's ssomething for everyone. I'm not naive enough to think for instance The Strokes will play trnsmt so it's easier for me to just buy tickets to see them in london then i don't need to get annoyed that george ezra is headlining.

Sensible approach. Strokes were never going to play as they’re in Spain at a couple of festivals that weekend.  And likewise, I’m pretty happy with the calibre of gigs in Scotland this summer. 

1 hour ago, wishyboz6 said:

Strokes on before catfish would be a crime to music 

13 minutes ago, standfree92 said:

Strokes on before catfish would be a crime to music 

Strokes were second on the bill on the second stage few years ago at TITP before SHM. Don’t really think most bands are that bothered about where they appear. As long as they’re paid and get a boost in sales of their music they’ll be quite happy. If you were to ask the target audience about the strokes, I don’t think that many would have heard of them. It’s probably for the best they’re not on this years bill.

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

Totally agree with this, as i said in an earlier post, give the young uns their day out, there is such a great choice over all this summer for all age groups

7 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Strokes were second on the bill on the second stage few years ago at TITP before SHM. Don’t really think most bands are that bothered about where they appear. As long as they’re paid and get a boost in sales of their music they’ll be quite happy. If you were to ask the target audience about the strokes, I don’t think that many would have heard of them. It’s probably for the best they’re not on this years bill.

They do appear to want to headline these days tbh. They don't seem to play lower than that. So I don't think they'd sub.

If they DID though, they wouldn't give a shit who it was behind.

This is yet another example of someone just not accepting that a band deserves to be at the top of a bill, and another doesn't.

27 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Who are the target audience? I'm gonna assume you mean around 16-25 but suggesting *most* 16-25 year old/generally young music fans won't have even heard of the Strokes is strange. Add to that the fact we're talking about them compared to Catfish, a band making music in a genre in which the Strokes are undoubtedly one of the most influential acts in, it becomes pretty patronising. Of course young indie fans are likely to have heard of The Strokes.

Edited by The Martini Police

Young indie fans probably have. But most of my nieces mates who are in the younger bracket of the age group and love the likes of Ezra and also like CATB haven’t heard of them

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

No it didn't. :lol:

You are easily the worst on here for just talking utter shit to go with your own agenda.

think the exact same about you to be honest. 

10 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Who would you have booked this year?

Mate love how your trying to be positive about this line up but we’ve went from a rock and indie festival to a capital fm summertime ball in the space of 2 years.

Don’t tell me if the likes of Muse or RHCP couldn’t be pencilled in for a year in advance.

I genuinely don't get how people can't get the shift in music that requires festivals to book lineups like this. Comparing it to Summertime Ball shows a separation from the reality of the way it is right now.

This isn't about blind defending. The only ones blind here are the ones blind to what a major festival is now, and why there aren't many that cater to them anymore, if any.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

Mate love how your trying to be positive about this line up but we’ve went from a rock and indie festival to a capital fm summertime ball in the space of 2 years.

Don’t tell me if the likes of Muse or RHCP couldn’t be pencilled in for a year in advance.

Muse are doing the san siro 2 times over that weekend. Also looking at their tour seems to me they might not have been able to afford them. RHCP have no europe dates & no july dates. What's to say both weren't asked n turned it down, they can only book who is avaiable n wants to be booked

2 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Money grabbing bassas you mean?

5 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Muse are doing the san siro 2 times over that weekend. Also looking at their tour seems to me they might not have been able to afford them. RHCP have no europe dates & no july dates. What's to say both weren't asked n turned it down, they can only book who is avaiable n wants to be booked

That’s s fair point they could have turned them down.