24 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I think most fests now think one biggie is enough and the rest they can take a gamble. Like Reading with Foos. Sometimes an act might seem bigger but they will usually only spend a whack on one of the headliners. 

This year at transmit there is no 'biggie' really all fairly similar size. Last year there was 5 days n at least 3 of them are pricey headliners (Killers, Queen & AM) plus maybe LG I'm not sure. It's just a year where most of the 'big' headliners weren't possible I think.

Also my point was really just festivals are about making money yes but they don't always go with just what will make most profit as it'll hurt them in the long run imo.

Why does Twitter believe that poster. How can you be so stupid to believe that the posters real?

Edited by RarerThanDandyB
Spelling

37 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Why does Twitter believe that poster. How can you be so stupid to believe that the posters real?

looks like it’ll be very similar tho 

Just now, lau2327 said:

looks like it’ll be very similar tho 

I know but the poster is evidently fake and they aren't to know the acts are similar.

4 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

The majority of most clientele are thick, pretty much everywhere.

31 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

Majority of TRNSMT clientele are absolutely thick as fcuk to be fair. 

Seems like that very much.

Just now, lau2327 said:

how is everyone on this thread feeling about the expected line up anyways? keen or not? 

Quite sceptical on it to be honest. There may be a few decent acts that may entice me to go but if not then it's not the end of the world. The Edi/Glasgow Summer Sessions lineups are really good & there's plenty of artists coming to Scotland anyway. 

I think with a decent undercard, I could get on board with a day ticket to pretty much any of the days. Especially the one with Snow Patrol on it. They'll be good for a drunken singalong for over an hour.

26 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I think with a decent undercard, I could get on board with a day ticket to pretty much any of the days. Especially the one with Snow Patrol on it. They'll be good for a drunken singalong for over an hour.

I’d be happy for snow patrol to be honest, I can understand why people wouldn’t want them there but really there’s not much choice in terms of artists this year and I’d be happy to see them and sing along to chasing cars for a night. It does make me think that they could do with two headliners on a night cause not everyone’s going to fancy George Ezra or the like, if they had another stage with maybe a more alternative band (not talking like king tuts, an actual other stage) they could probably make more people happy. Would be more expensive though I suppose

Do think eventually it would benefit from a second stage or better a tent, would probably require a change in the layout thought

I think it'd benefit from a second stage if they upped the prices, and made it worth the extra money. Otherwise, I don't ever see it happening.

Think you're right. If they feel they can sell tickets at the price it is without a second large stage I don't see them adding one. Would definitely like to see it brought in though, would give more scope to book interesting mid sized acts who wouldn't appeal to the Main Stage crowd. Interpol last year for example would have been much better off headlining a second stage than subbing the Main.

24 minutes ago, Shootenanny! said:

Think you're right. If they feel they can sell tickets at the price it is without a second large stage I don't see them adding one. Would definitely like to see it brought in though, would give more scope to book interesting mid sized acts who wouldn't appeal to the Main Stage crowd. Interpol last year for example would have been much better off headlining a second stage than subbing the Main.

Yes absolutely, the pet sounds/transmission stages at T used to be brilliant for this before they got rid of them. Although based on their lineups I'm not sure if they currently have any bookers who listen to more than 5 albums a year.  

Edited by addicted2noise

7 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

Biffy Clyro’s instagram story seems to match the TRNSMT theme, what do we think?

They’ve been ruled out. 

1 hour ago, harryomatic said:

Who’s on leak watch today then?

I've got a leak in my boiler if that's any help.

That's only part joke. There IS actually a leak.

Just now, Mattie123 said:

Way too big for tuts 

I think The Lafontaines are a possibility tbh. They had sorta biggish headliners last year.

Just now, DomDom1984 said:

I think The Lafontaines are a possibility tbh. They had sorta biggish headliners last year.

Maybe, but capaldis pretty big now so no chance of him And la fontaines were main stage last year

Don't think low down positions last year will have any bearing on it. But agree on Lewis Capaldi. I think he won't be on the lineup at all.