24 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Jungle just announced they're playing SWG3 in June, probably won't be appearing at TRNSMT.

Its the indoor room of the new part of Swg3, will be very good in there. 

16 minutes ago, Mattie123 said:

Surely announced tonight then on sale tomorrow?

More likely Monday now I’d say. Announcement Monday, presale Wednesday, general sale Friday.

Tickets almost always go on sale on a Friday. Wouldn’t be giving folk much notice if it was announced tonight and then on sale tomorrow. Got to be Monday now for the announcement. 

8 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

Tickets almost always go on sale on a Friday. Wouldn’t be giving folk much notice if it was announced tonight and then on sale tomorrow. Got to be Monday now for the announcement. 

doubt that really matters this year, its hardly going to sell out anytime soon with the line up. they could literally announce it now, put tickets on sale immediately and it wouldn't really make any difference to be fair.

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Its the indoor room of the new part of Swg3, will be very good in there. 

I’ve got Early risers and Streetrave 30 th birthday in there coming up.

Brilliant venue.

29 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

doubt that really matters this year, its hardly going to sell out anytime soon with the line up. they could literally announce it now, put tickets on sale immediately and it wouldn't really make any difference to be fair.

It'll sell out regardless of who's playing.

I had heard that the where in talks with robyn to headline a night but she then pulled out as she is doing her own tour.. I found this odd but she does have a big following. This could be rubbish though. Bit of a random one to lie about i guess

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Cavorting19 said:

I had heard that the where in talks with robyn to headline a night but she then pulled out as she is doing her own tour.. I found this odd but she does have a big following. This could be rubbish though. Bit of a random one to lie about i guess

Literally 0 chance of that being true.

4 minutes ago, The-Heartbreak-Kid said:

Based on what?

Robyn? Headlining a 50k cap festival in Glasgow? Need you even ask 

• Like 1

Just now, didinowanttohearthat said:

Based on common sense obviously lol, T and trnsmt largely book pretty predictable headliners but this is one that defo shouldn't even be up for debate.

Have you see the speculated names already? She's just as bad as the rest of them.

1 minute ago, Jonesy1 said:

SWG3 doing quite well for gigs this summer.

Is this because of the absence of the ABC? Swg3 isn't exactly the most convenient to get to. 

Just now, didinowanttohearthat said:

They book headliners who they think are gonna sell tickets. You thinking they're bad doesn't matter.

Stormzy ain't selling 50k tickets in Glasgow alone. It would have been the same with Robyn.

2 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

Is this because of the absence of the ABC? Swg3 isn't exactly the most convenient to get to. 

Gigs inside Swg3 are because of this. Galvinisers Yard isn't as that's just a summer thing. 

2 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

Not really sure, think they’ve been trying to push their yard as gig venue. Not sure Foals/doves/jungle would’ve been booked to play the ABC.

Edited by Jonesy1

102 pages of trnsmt speculation, an incredible achievement. The line up is going to honk to high heaven. To be fair to DF they offered very tasteful line ups at Connect (in the first year anyway) and got their fingers burned, so I can understand why they will always look for the lowest common denominator. 

102 pages of trnsmt speculation, an incredible achievement. The line up is going to honk to high heaven. To be fair to DF they offered very tasteful line ups at Connect (in the first year anyway) and got their fingers burned, so I can understand why they will always look for the lowest common denominator. 

17 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Literally 0 chance of that being true.

The headline bit is mental but they may well have approached Robyn to appear, if the line up is an embarrassing sausage fest (as appears likely). 

Edited by Johndenis
Naming artist