TRNSMT Lineup 2019

12 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

I'd love to see Foals at TRNSMT. And yes, Biffy are touring a soundtrack album next year. They've played a new song ( maybe more, I dunno ) at shows this summer that I absolutely loved. I think the album comes out at the end of the year.

Do you think Biffy could sub

I also thought it was a bit strange that Biffy weren't listed on the survey. Its probably nothing more than an oversight and, as someone pointed out, they probably use these surveys to guage what their demographic are currently enjoying rather than to just book the most popular choice. However, it got me thinking what Biffy might be planning for Scotland next year. They've headlined T in the park, summer sessions (one of the few acts to sell that out in recent years) and TRNSMT recently.  Could they be thinking of trying a stadium show? 

As for my line-up suggestions, I think there's a good chance of Muse, the 1975, Florence, Bring me the Horizon, Foals and Sigrid all featuring. 

Biffy said around December time last year that headlining Hampden is the next thing they'd like to achieve, so it could very well be in the pipeline. I knew I was being WAY too optimistic about them subbing next year.

I think once Muse announce tour dates (hopefully in the next couple weeks,) it'll be clearer, but I can't see them not getting announced for it. Same goes for Florence & The 1975.

3 minutes ago, Claire96 said:

I think once Muse announce tour dates (hopefully in the next couple weeks,) it'll be clearer, but I can't see them not getting announced for it. Same goes for Florence & The 1975.

Your 3 make a lot of sense. Have seen worse predictions. 

I think James will sub one of the days next year.

5 hours ago, mazza7 said:

I also thought it was a bit strange that Biffy weren't listed on the survey. Its probably nothing more than an oversight and, as someone pointed out, they probably use these surveys to guage what their demographic are currently enjoying rather than to just book the most popular choice. However, it got me thinking what Biffy might be planning for Scotland next year. They've headlined T in the park, summer sessions (one of the few acts to sell that out in recent years) and TRNSMT recently.  Could they be thinking of trying a stadium show? 

As for my line-up suggestions, I think there's a good chance of Muse, the 1975, Florence, Bring me the Horizon, Foals and Sigrid all featuring. 

Think they were excluded because they headlined last year. Kasabian and Radiohead weren't on it either, and I assume this year's headliners were removed too. Doesn't really explain why they're in the non-headline basket but I'm not looking too deeply into that, personally.  I don't think that Biffy could step up to a stadium show if they couldn't sell out TRNSMT (unless they did late on?) with a special guest sub practically bigger than they were.

BMTH don't seem like a fit for this place. Foals are in as awkward a place as they were in 2016 when they skipped T; they probably aren't suitable headliners north of the border but taking a lesser slot would be a bad move. The other three headliners, as @Claire96 has also suggested, do seem like the best bets at the moment.

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Think they were excluded because they headlined last year. Kasabian and Radiohead weren't on it either, and I assume this year's headliners were removed too. Doesn't really explain why they're in the non-headline basket but I'm not looking too deeply into that, personally.  I don't think that Biffy could step up to a stadium show if they couldn't sell out TRNSMT (unless they did late on?) with a special guest sub practically bigger than they were.

BMTH don't seem like a fit for this place. Foals are in as awkward a place as they were in 2016 when they skipped T; they probably aren't suitable headliners north of the border but taking a lesser slot would be a bad move. The other three headliners, as @Claire96 has also suggested, do seem like the best bets at the moment.

The 1975 should have headlined with Biffy sub in 2017.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I think Liam Gallagher was on the non-headline list too strangely. From what I read last year Biffy’s day seemed to have 40000 or so, more than Radiohead but still not a sell out. They could probably do a Summer Sessions gig (maybe even Edinburgh like Kasabian) but I agree they won’t be moving upwards now. As you’ve said, it seems hard to disagree with Claire’s headliner suggestions.

3 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I'm still not really seeing Muse doing anything other than late festivals, if they do festivals at all. If they ARE doing festivals, I'd guess that the tour dates we get first will be those, and then the actual UK tour would come after.

The only reason I think the Muse UK/Europe tour dates will be announced before any festivals is based off the fact they've started plugging the preorder of their album with the promise of pre-sale codes for the upcoming tour, and the last couple times they've done that, the tour's been announced within a few weeks. I may be wrong though.

15 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It really depends on how successful Biffy's upcoming albums are - if they get as much airplay as their last one then they will be headlining festivals and they may well fancy something bigger in scotland. I think the only reason their TRNSMT day didn't completely sell out last year was due to them playing summer sessions less than a year before it.

BMTH are now a radio friendly Rock band that have been playing arenas for their last couple of tours - I think they would be good as a sub headliner here.

On 10 September 2018 at 12:40 PM, mazza7 said:

It really depends on how successful Biffy's upcoming albums are - if they get as much airplay as their last one then they will be headlining festivals and they may well fancy something bigger in scotland. I think the only reason their TRNSMT day didn't completely sell out last year was due to them playing summer sessions less than a year before it.

BMTH are now a radio friendly Rock band that have been playing arenas for their last couple of tours - I think they would be good as a sub headliner here.

Although I ended up seeing Biffy six times, four of them being in Scotland, within a period of 11 months, I love them to death but they overdid it in Scotland. The weather didn't exactly hold up for them at TRNSMT either.

BMTH is a shout. I went to see them a few years ago, and although they were good, they did a 12 song set for a headline gig, which is ridiculous.

I was having a wee look at albums that are due out late 2018/early 2019 & there's very few acts that I could see getting announced for TRNSMT. For once in my life, I may actually have correct predictions for the headliners (and a few other acts.)

Do we think it'll be November again when we get our first headliner announced?

36 minutes ago, Claire96 said:

I was having a wee look at albums that are due out late 2018/early 2019 & there's very few acts that I could see getting announced for TRNSMT. For once in my life, I may actually have correct predictions for the headliners (and a few other acts.)

Do we think it'll be November again when we get our first headliner announced?

Prodigy are a stick on.

6 hours ago, Threestripes said:

Prodigy are a stick on.

3 hours ago, Stuart1000 said:

As a sub, maybe. They’re not headline level anymore.

I actually agree with the above, their arena tour is selling alright and if Stereophonics can do the, we'll say weaker day and. If they sold 45k tickets by the gig then I'd say it'd job done and in reply to the post below as well, stick Pendulum on as a sub and I think it'll do very well.

32 minutes ago, Claire96 said:

Unless the undercard was unbelievable, I can't see them selling out the day if The Prodigy headlined. Unless I've missed something & there's still demand for them. After 'Invaders Must Die,' I've rarely heard them being mentioned.

TBF The Day Is My Enemy was pretty poor.