Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, wishyboz6 said:

The Cure haven't done a gig in Scotland in about 25 years. Not happening.

I think it'll be Bastille/The 1975, Tame Impala, Snow Patrol. 

howcome they haven't played for so long out of interest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think after the itison ticket business this year they’ll need to throw money at a Sheeran/Beyoncé/Adele type.

Either that or get Calvin to press his buttons again, just like the bad old days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

I think after the itison ticket business this year they’ll need to throw money at a Sheeran/Beyoncé/Adele type.

Either that or get Calvin to press his buttons again, just like the bad old days.

If it was three days this year would have been a near sellout I think, just the second weekend struggled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought, unlikely but Libertines? 

Muse, Libertines/Strong Undercard, then the other act. Maybe? Just like the good old days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Just a thought, unlikely but Libertines? 

Muse, Libertines/Strong Undercard, then the other act. Maybe? Just like the good old days?

i don't know if libertines are there next year since they are only headlining small fests

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would Coldplay be active? Always going to sell tickets. Gorillaz have a new album, would they sell well as a headliner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Would Coldplay be active? Always going to sell tickets. Gorillaz have a new album, would they sell well as a headliner?

Coldplay aren’t touring until 2021 apparently, reckon they’d be more likely to just play a stadium than TRNSMT anyway. Gorillaz could be a decent shout though, not sure how well it would sell but they’re definitely possible. Think I’d go with Muse, Florence and The 1975 just now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, gfa said:

howcome they haven't played for so long out of interest?

Don't know specifically why not Scotland but generally they don't play much in the UK outside of London and big festivals.  In 2016 when they were fairly active they played 32 dates in America, and only five in the UK, of which three were Wembley Arena, one was Bestival and only Manchester Arena as a provincial arena date - and even that was a relative rarity.  They are one of those bands who can pick and choose their offers and with still being big in the US and parts of Europe they have plenty of scope.  Doesn't mean they can't occasionally pop up at Glasgow or Birmingham of course (and would be guaranteed sellers if they did) but they choose not to.

As for another suggestion, these days the Libertines are a closer fit for Electric Fields than TRNSMT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FRI: Muse, The Streets, Rudimental, Twin Atlantic, The DMA's, Tom Walker
SAT: Florence + the Machine, Bastille, Years & Years, The Vaccines, Sigrid, The View, Jade Bird
SUN: The 1975, Snow Patrol, Christine & the Queens, The Wombats, Tom Odell, Pale Waves, Sundara Karma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI: Muse, The Streets, Rudimental, Twin Atlantic, The DMA's, Tom Walker
SAT: Florence + the Machine, Bastille, Years & Years, The Vaccines, Sigrid, The View, Jade Bird
SUN: The 1975, Snow Patrol, Christine & the Queens, The Wombats, Tom Odell, Pale Waves, Sundara Karma

Seems fair. I don’t think they’d have Snow Patrol sub though, probably more likely to do a different outdoor gig if they don’t headline here. Would replace with Hozier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Seems fair. I don’t think they’d have Snow Patrol sub though, probably more likely to do a different outdoor gig if they don’t headline here. Would replace with Hozier.

Yeah I was thinking they could end up at Summer Sessions or something but they don't seem to be selling out The Hydro too quickly. Like most of the world I forgot Hozier existed but that seems a fair shout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI: Muse, The Streets, Rudimental, Twin Atlantic, The DMA's, Tom Walker
SAT: Florence + the Machine, Bastille, Years & Years, The Vaccines, Sigrid, The View, Jade Bird
SUN: The 1975, Snow Patrol, Christine & the Queens, The Wombats, Tom Odell, Pale Waves, Sundara Karma

Wouldn't be surprised if Twin Atlantic subbed this next year, not lower than third anyway given last time, summer sessions sub this year, hydro and barras shows etc.

Will have a new album out by then I would wager, or out in the summer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2018 at 7:44 PM, gfa said:

howcome they haven't played for so long out of interest?

I was speaking to someone a few weeks back who knows the lads from twighlight sad, they apparently asked Robert this while on tour with him and it simply is a case the last gig they did in Scotland was in Aberdeen and it was shit, so they haven’t bothered to come back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems a bit of a jokey answer rather than constituting a complete boycott.  I did look the other day on setlist.fm and the most recent I could find was in Edinburgh in the early 90s, though I'm sure one of my mates saw them at the SECC around then (though that could have been very late 80s).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe DF have put offers out to The Cure previously about doing gigs/festivals in Scotland however they have never taken up those offers. 

On a side note, I noticed the date has changed from the usual T/TRNSMT slot of first weekend in July to the 2nd weekend for next year. Interesting to see how that develops as those weekends this year have MadCool, Nos Alive and BBK among other festivals on this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2018 at 5:34 PM, jj200 said:

tame impala haven't released a new album yet so it can't be them and they are still touring the album from 2015.

They will be releasing another one soon. They are headlining this Sunday in London somewhere and playing in Madrid tonight. They are getting the show back on the road it would appear, as the last time they did a gig was a year ago. Might announce an album for May 2019 like they did with Currents, that would result in a tour + festival slots. Very possible IMO and they are big enough to headline pretty much any festival in the land. 

On The Cure: Christ knows why they never gig in Scotland. They very rarely do gigs outside London and America TBF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wishyboz6 said:

They will be releasing another one soon. They are headlining this Sunday in London somewhere and playing in Madrid tonight. They are getting the show back on the road it would appear, as the last time they did a gig was a year ago. Might announce an album for May 2019 like they did with Currents, that would result in a tour + festival slots. Very possible IMO and they are big enough to headline pretty much any festival in the land. 

I read somewhere that Kevin Parker hadn't even started writing a new album in January of this year, so I don't think it'll be a couple of years away still. I certainly don't agree with them being able to headline any UK festival - not yet anyway.

On 7/11/2018 at 2:19 PM, Cocky19 said:

On a side note, I noticed the date has changed from the usual T/TRNSMT slot of first weekend in July to the 2nd weekend for next year. Interesting to see how that develops as those weekends this year have MadCool, Nos Alive and BBK among other festivals on this year. 

I think T and then TRNSMT has consistently been the weekend with the second Sunday of July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Prodigy would be absolutely perfect but I can't see it. DF didn't see them as big enough before so can't see it happening now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Prodigy as a shoe in for one day. Probably Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I don't see The Prodigy doing it, their last output wasn't brilliant and their last arena tour attempt tool a long time to shift. Tbf even their academy tour before that didn't just fly.

They'll probably be topping Download next year anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Academy tour they did last year sold out, albeit not right away. Not a headliner I don't think, and DF haven't seen them as a proper headliner for years anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

The Academy tour they did last year sold out, albeit not right away. Not a headliner I don't think, and DF haven't seen them as a proper headliner for years anyways.

Not played Download for a while now and if they don't give them it I'd expect IOW probably and Creamfields. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

The Academy tour they did last year sold out, albeit not right away. Not a headliner I don't think, and DF haven't seen them as a proper headliner for years anyways.

Neither were Stereophonics or Liam Gallagher. TRNSMT is a 50k fest, not a 85k fest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×