TRNSMT Lineup 2019

1 hour ago, iforaneye said:

Wonder how Gerry Cinnamon feels being the one that sold all the tickets yet getting bumped down from the headliner slot by a less popular act.

Ended up picking up a ticket outside. It is what it is. 

I felt very old and unlike T the young crew were getting served at the bar.

Saw Gerry in 40 min slot at Kendal last year and thought he was quite good. Obvious tonight he doesn’t have the songs for a 75 minute slot. Getting the crowd to chant “stevie stevie” to fill time every time he changed guitar was a bit crap.

Stormzys gospel sit down section was as big a lead balloon as I’ve seen. 

Good night though and the weather set fair for the rest of the weekend. The young team were having a blast.

Bit of an exodus between Gerry and Stormzy.

Edited by Comfy Bean

5 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Ended up picking up a ticket outside. It is what it is. 

I felt very old and unlike T the young crew were getting served at the bar.

Saw Gerry in 40 min slot at Kendal last year and thought he was quite good. Obvious tonight he doesn’t have the songs for a 75 minute slot. Getting the crowd to chant “stevie stevie” to fill time every time he changed guitar was a bit crap.

Stormzys gospel sit down section was as big a lead balloon as I’ve seen. 

Good night though and the weather set fair for the rest of the weekend. The young team were having a blast.

Bit of an exodus between Gerry and Stormzy.

End of the day, get on stage, play your stuff, forget the dreary bollocks and off you pop.

Gerry's 5 minutes of fame will end, someone posted a video of the atmosphere in the John Peel tent for Belter at Glastonbury....that crowd would have lapped it up if he was talking about about a shit, definitely not one of the I wish I didn't miss it moments.

Edited by thewayiam

18 hours ago, Threestripes said:

He said both can co exist.

Lieing bassa.....

I wish someone with cash would start a massive festival up here and put that lot of business.

I agree, I wish Live Nation would just overrule DF and put on their own camping festival. They would probably do much better than whatever their current deal is.

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

They would have been hesitant about having someone with one short album as a headliner. I see no problem with that. And I doubt Gerry Cinnamon gave a fuck given it's far and away the biggest gig he's ever played.

Agreed. If they gave him 90mins he’d need to tell a few jokes to pad out the time. 

3 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

They would have been hesitant about having someone with one short album as a headliner. I see no problem with that. And I doubt Gerry Cinnamon gave a fuck given it's far and away the biggest gig he's ever played.

Stormzy has one album too though and Gerry's has done better.

3 hours ago, jj200 said:

Maybe he could do one of the after shows.

yeah calvin harris the act bigger than any trnsmt headliner this year will do a 1000 or so people after show instead of headlining. just become the booker already ?

with stormzy and gerry, gerry had done similar shows the crowd for him was massive at community, same for nbhd weekender. Even if its an early slot he still had the same crowd. To be honest the weekend looked busy and sold out. I don’t think djs will be coming as even if the headliners are newer the core day is still fully indie just a few extras like Stormzy and jess glynne etc.. They have kind of booked all the new headliners now though, I think they have really left themself in a bad place for booking the next year or two as Kasabian won’t be back so soon, seems sergio is doing that side project. Killers, AM, Liam etc used up. I reckon maybe noel and courteeners must be in with a shout but we’ll see.

8 hours ago, gfa said:

yeah calvin harris the act bigger than any trnsmt headliner this year will do a 1000 or so people after show instead of headlining. just become the booker already ?

with stormzy and gerry, gerry had done similar shows the crowd for him was massive at community, same for nbhd weekender. Even if its an early slot he still had the same crowd. To be honest the weekend looked busy and sold out. I don’t think djs will be coming as even if the headliners are newer the core day is still fully indie just a few extras like Stormzy and jess glynne etc.. They have kind of booked all the new headliners now though, I think they have really left themself in a bad place for booking the next year or two as Kasabian won’t be back so soon, seems sergio is doing that side project. Killers, AM, Liam etc used up. I reckon maybe noel and courteeners must be in with a shout but we’ll see.

Maybe Kasier cheifs if they are around next year

Kaiser Chiefs aren't as big here as in other places. Hence no Glasgow date on their last two arena tours and Usher Hall on this one. They'd probably be third from the top at the very most.

As for Calvin, if I wasn't sure that the council would take serious issue with it, I could have seen it happening given what they're going for now.

Was going to complain about the average age being 13, but never queued at the bar once. Big Calvin headlining within the next couple of years is probably inevitable at this point. 

Suppose they’ve found their audience that’ll sell it out every year.

26 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Was going to complain about the average age being 13, but never queued at the bar once. Big Calvin headlining within the next couple of years is probably inevitable at this point. 

Suppose they’ve found their audience that’ll sell it out every year.

Is there anyone they can test the water with regarding Calvin? I still think they could run into serious problems with that booking. A dance act not quite big enough to headline as a sub? They'll definitely be looking at it.

Worth noting that Catfish and the Bottlemen looked like great fun last night.

11 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Is there anyone they can test the water with regarding Calvin? I still think they could run into serious problems with that booking. A dance act not quite big enough to headline as a sub? They'll definitely be looking at it.

Worth noting that Catfish and the Bottlemen looked like great fun last night.

Not really sure if there’s another act like him capable of headlining. To be fair they got away with him headlining summer sessions a few years back so they might get away with him doing trnsmt.

Catfish definitely looked like they belonged as headliners though, fair play to them.

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

Fat boy slim into Paolo  Nutini would do for me next year.

• Like 1

Went the Friday as I won tickets for it. I’m 25 and I definitely felt out of place. 

I did enjoy it tbf. Not a fan of any the acts but Gerry got the crowd going and created a good atmosphere. I was going to just leave after him but bumped in to a couple folk I used to go to T with so just stayed for Stormzy. Bit of an exodus after Gerry finished. I don’t understand why he headlined and Gerry subbed tbh. Gerry is a much bigger act up here. 

As Ellis has went back on his word about booking acts aimed at a more mature audience, I can’t see myself going to this ever again. I expect the likes of Calvin Harris and other mainstream acts to be headlining/subbing now. It sells so they have to do what they have to do. I’ll just have to keep trying to get Glasto tickets every year from now on! 

The Summer Sessions line-up is quite incredible this year tbf. Imagine those 3 acts headlining a festival? Can’t ask for much bigger.