TRNSMT Lineup 2019

4 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

T and Trnsmt have both never claimed to sell out without having done so. If they are struggling to sell tix they do 2 for 1 offers etc.

Clearly their best selling year so far and people just in denial cause they don't like the lineup.

I live in London, its not something that bothers me as i won't be going anyway.

3 hours ago, devilman said:

It means that sunday is at capacity. Maybe. They used to claim sell outs for TITP the week before when it was 30k under capacity. At least they've taken the tickets off sale at the same time this time.

also this comment suggests otherwise..? how the post was done really seemed like a final ticket sales push to me - very rarely do festivals actually put like a ticket sales bar for example.

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

I live in London, its not something that bothers me as i won't be going anyway.

also this comment suggests otherwise..? how the post was done really seemed like a final ticket sales push to me - very rarely do festivals actually put like a ticket sales bar for example.

Since I've been going in 2013 T has never claimed a sell out, before that I'm pretty sure it genuinely was a sell out.

7 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

And the Friday n Saturday not far behind it clearly. Impressive figures given the reaction the lineup got on here when it was announced.

Notice the guy saying it would sell so badly cause George Ezra was playing and his day at that Neighbourhood festival wasn't selling well has gone quiet.

Give you one thing chief you have never backed down trying to convince everyone that this line up isn’t a joke.

cap doffed 

6 hours ago, Threestripes said:

Give you one thing chief you have never backed down trying to convince everyone that this line up isn’t a joke.

cap doffed 

It's not a good lineup for me personally but I'd probs have gone one of the days if i was here.

My main point was I didn't think it would be a disaster in terms of sales like most did. 

7 hours ago, Threestripes said:

cap doffed 

The lineup is toss but it’s selling better than TRNSMT has done before because it’s booking what sells in Glasgow.

TRNSMT doesn’t owe you shit, so you’re better off thinking about festivals that do book the acts you like and need people through the gates, rather than laughing at one that does sell well with acts you don’t like.

Edited by dentalplan

15 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Since I've been going in 2013 T has never claimed a sell out

It has. On its social media so I checked and could still buy day and weekend tickets. It's all on these pages if you can be arsed to look back that far. 13 and 14 are probably the ones I'm referring to, I lost interest in the festival after that.

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The lineup is toss but it’s selling better than TRNSMT has done before because it’s booking what sells in Glasgow.

TRNSMT doesn’t owe you shit, so you’re better off thinking about festivals that do book the acts you like and need people through the gates, rather than laughing at one that does sell well with acts you don’t like.

Aye

After 2 years the festival which is supposed to be for older guys like me has moved on to pop acts for kids.

Fair enough we move on....

Hope everyone that’s going enjoys there weekend.

18 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

Aye

After 2 years the festival which is supposed to be for older guys like me has moved on to pop acts for kids.

Fair enough we move on....

Hope everyone that’s going enjoys there weekend.

Was 2017 really a lineup for ‘older guys like you’? It seems to have little difference to the lineup nowadays to me - even the Radiohead day had Rag’n’Bone Man.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Was 2017 really a lineup for ‘older guys like you’? It seems to have little difference to the lineup nowadays to me - even the Radiohead day had Rag’n’Bone Man.

When the festival started GE said it was for a older more mature crowd in the city centre 

So aye that would include me.

I’m happier having TRNSMT for a more pop audience and the older acts playing Summer Sessions/Kelvingrove. The lineup for The Cure’s day at Summer Sessions is outstanding, I’d much prefer that than having Gerry Cinnamon and The Kooks added in to make the day more widely appealing. It’s a similar situation for having two nights of The National at Kelvingrove rather than watching them play an hour to a fairly bored crowd waiting for Van McCann and the lads.

57 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

When the festival started GE said it was for a older more mature crowd in the city centre 

So aye that would include me.

Relative to TITP, ‘older and more mature’ meant 20 years-old and not smashing any old powder up yer nose.

But again, when you saw the first lineup for TRNSMT you should have seen that it wasn’t going to be what you thought, and every passing year being the same shouldn’t continue to surprise you.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Relative to TITP, ‘older and more mature’ meant 20 years-old and not smashing any old powder up yer nose.

But again, when you saw the first lineup for TRNSMT you should have seen that it wasn’t going to be what you thought, and every passing year being the same shouldn’t continue to surprise you.

In fairness, Radiohead headlining is a bit of an anomaly compared to every other headliner. 

Kingclawler also makes a good point - with GSS and Kelvingrove and SWG3 you have a wide range of places in Glasgow u can see bands you want which are more to your tastes. Makes sense leaving trnsmt for a younger more pop audience.

TRNSMT wouldn't have got a licence if they'd said they were bringing the TiTP format to Glasgow. The bad press it was getting would have got a solid no. So they pretended they were aiming at the older audience. Situation normal now. I enjoyed the Radiohead and Queen days, I really doubt they'll book something I'd go to now. Looking forward to my 1st GSS this year too.

22 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Since I've been going in 2013 T has never claimed a sell out, before that I'm pretty sure it genuinely was a sell out.

True, near the end of T they definitely exaggerated stuff like adding their daily numbers together to claim a Glastonbury size crowd but claiming a sell out when it isn't seems a bit pointless. 

3 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

In fairness, Radiohead headlining is a bit of an anomaly compared to every other headliner. 

Kingclawler also makes a good point - with GSS and Kelvingrove and SWG3 you have a wide range of places in Glasgow u can see bands you want which are more to your tastes. Makes sense leaving trnsmt for a younger more pop audience.

I think it should be possible to have a (preferable camping) festival in Scotland that caters to everyone and not just Clyde 1 listeners, there are still loads of great acts playing festivals like Glastonbury, APE, Parklife and Blue Dot this summer that have bypassed Scotland completely.   

Edited by addicted2noise

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Not that much though. They’d have headlined TITP no trouble.

probs not in the latter years, 2017 trnsmt defo seemed a bit of a shift with the Radiohead booking imo.

1 minute ago, addicted2noise said:

I think my main issue it should be possible to have a (preferable camping) festival in Scotland that caters to everyone and not just Clyde 1 listeners, there are still loads of great acts playing festivals like Glastonbury, APE, Parklife and Blue Dot this summer that have bypassed Scotland completely.   

Yeah I miss T too it was great at the time but they fucked it themselves and aren't gonna go back with trnsmt selling so well.

38 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I think it should be possible to have a (preferable camping) festival in Scotland that caters to everyone and not just Clyde 1 listeners, there are still loads of great acts playing festivals like Glastonbury, APE, Parklife and Blue Dot this summer that have bypassed Scotland completely.   

What about Belladrum? Or that new Playground Festival? They may not be big now but I guess nothing big is gonna happen in Scotland as far as camping festivals go until it’s proven that there’s a responsible audience for it.

1 hour ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

He said both can co exist.

Lieing bassa.....

I wish someone with cash would start a massive festival up here and put that lot of business.