TRNSMT Lineup 2019

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Have they just sold out now since Capaldi was dropped in? Huge statement about the demand that he has.

Just announced today so I presume so. I still think he'll headline next year, even after playing this year and his arena gigs/summer sessions he'll surely still be selling strongly next summer.

Edit: sad days when we're spending our lunch break discussing Capaldi at TRNSMT instead of being at the farm

Edited by kingcrawler

Just now, didinowanttohearthat said:

The festival is aimed at young people not you. Their bookings make perfect sense and seems to have paid off. If you expect unrealistic booking you're only gonna be disappointed. 

The festival was aimed at a more mature older crowd something Ellis has shat all over in a year or 2.

His words

7 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

The festival was aimed at a more mature older crowd something Ellis has shat all over in a year or 2.

His words

The Radiohead booking that year sold the worst then the Queen one the next year was the same- makes sense they stick to what sells.

He said no EDM too i think so hopefully sticks to that.

Lewis Capaldi deserves to be up there given the 18 months he's had. Single at no.1 for 7 weeks, best selling song of the year. Fastest selling album of 2019 so far. Sold out 2x Barrowlands, 2x O2 Academy, 1x Usher Hall, and 2x Hydro gigs, each in a matter of seconds. He's enormous right now, no arguing with it.

As a replacement for Snow Patrol, I think it's fine. Similar main stream pop/indie/rock appeal. Both always on the radio. Capaldi's audience is probably more focused on teenage/twenties, while Snow Patrol's is more middle aged now. But the crossover appeal is there.

Also Snow Patrol definitely weren't the heaviest act that day.

I've said it on this thread before. People just aren't willing to accept they're getting left behind. They seem to live in an alternate reality where T in the Park was made for their pleasure and not for making money. If it existed now, this would be the lineup. And it'd sell well, much like this has. Because TRNSMT has actually managed to move on. Folk on here clearly haven't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

I've said it on this thread before. People just aren't willing to accept they're getting left behind. They seem to live in an alternate reality where T in the Park was made for their pleasure and not for making money. If it existed now, this would be the lineup. And it'd sell well, much like this has. Because TRNSMT has actually managed to move on. Folk on here clearly haven't. 

Nobody would be complaining if GE never came out with his bullshit jackanory story regarding trnsmt being for a older crowd.

I don’t think commercially it was a bad booking - obviously as shown just don’t think he’s a very similar artist. Obviously they couldn’t replace Snow with Stereophonics but I think them at Latitude is a much closer booking. Anyway i’m not going I was just saying personally I wouldn’t be happy at all with him as a replacement with my music taste and a lot of the people who booked that day only for them probably wouldn’t be. Most of the George Ezra crowd would probably see it as an upgrade however so for the majority its good just the people who booked for them its not really I suppose. I don’t have a problem with him play at all, he fits the day really well in my opinion its just that I’m not too sure he’s a good replacement for Snow Patrol.

Edited by gfa

17 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

Cmon Ellis announce someone so I can go.

Whats Madness or Noel doing that weekend :)

Madness are coming to Edinburgh in August at Princes Street Gardens. That'll be a class show! Noel has done Edinburgh & Inverness this year so he sadly won't be coming. Also the Sunday is now sold out since they announced Lewis Capaldi. I bought a ticket when he was announced as I had a voucher & was getting desperate for another show in July. I think the day will be quite pleasant ?

Bet the Sunday hasn't really sold out and more tickets become available once the combo tickets don't sell. Couldn't tell you a single Lewis Capaldi song but I reckon he'd be fun to hang out with. My pal regularly shows me his posts. He's a total down to earth fella who gives zero fucks. Direct replacement for Snow Patrol? I reckon most of the crowd that will be there will see it as an upgrade.

Left behind? Aye ok then. If the line up this year is "where it's at" I'm glad I'm not there. Meanwhile the bands I want to watch are selling out stadiums in minutes. :( 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, devilman said:

Bet the Sunday hasn't really sold out and more tickets become available once the combo tickets don't sell. Couldn't tell you a single Lewis Capaldi song but I reckon he'd be fun to hang out with. My pal regularly shows me his posts. He's a total down to earth fella who gives zero fucks. Direct replacement for Snow Patrol? I reckon most of the crowd that will be there will see it as an upgrade.

Left behind? Aye ok then. If the line up this year is "where it's at" I'm glad I'm not there. Meanwhile the bands I want to watch are selling out stadiums in minutes. :( 

The tickets they allocated for day tickets that day will have sold out, obv they're not literally at capacity for that day and they'd rather try sell more weekend tickets. 

Any band selling out stadiums isn't gonna be playing trnsmt regardless of genre so dunno what you mean by that.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Any band selling out stadiums isn't gonna be playing trnsmt regardless of genre so dunno what you mean by that.

It means that I am far from being "left behind". Queen and Radiohead are capable of selling out stadiums and the likes of Sheeren or Robbie Williams aren't beyond the realms of possibility for TRNSMT either. 

Had it pointed out to me the other day that I actually had a ticket to see Lewis Capaldi in a 50 capacity venue. Would have gone too as I go to see as many bands as I can when they come round to us but he cancelled with sickness and promised to reschedule. Guess that'll never happen now. :( 

Chase and Status is an upgrade as far as I'm concerned too. Will never forget their set in King Tuts at T. It was mental.

• Upvote 2