TRNSMT Lineup 2019

They'd be pushing like FUCK if they weren't selling. But there's no giveaways or anything either. So they must be selling the tickets to somebody. But like you, I'm not 100% sure exactly who it is. They were pushing Catfish day pretty heavily initially and then that's pretty much been it. They're clearly content.

23 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

It really is a kick in the teeth this year to the crowd trnsmt is supposed to be for.

It's been going two years, its hardly gone all in on a certain audience yet. And the last two years have been all over the place with the different audience its been aimed towards. Granted Ezra and Stormzy are a bit different and stormzys undercard obviously is an exception but most of the acts would have fit in perfectly the last couple of years 

6 hours ago, NerdsNatterings said:

It's been going two years, its hardly gone all in on a certain audience yet.

It was sold initially as a non camping, no EDM festival for more mature festival goers. Presumably to shake the negative feeing that had caused the failure of TITP with the fights and drug deaths. I doubt they'd have got a licence if they had just said we're bringing T to Glasgow with no camping. It's going that way though it seems. Calvin Harris to headline next year? Actually, he's probably a bit past it for the audience now :) 

24 minutes ago, devilman said:

It was sold initially as a non camping, no EDM festival for more mature festival goers. Presumably to shake the negative feeing that had caused the failure of TITP with the fights and drug deaths. I doubt they'd have got a licence if they had just said we're bringing T to Glasgow with no camping. It's going that way though it seems. Calvin Harris to headline next year? Actually, he's probably a bit past it for the audience now :) 

They've not booked anything like Calvin Harris though unless I'm missing something obvious. The headliners might be a bit more aimed towards the younger audience but they've all played TRNSMT before. There's not really any reason to think Calvin Harris will be headlining next year.

Is it really that much of a progression from last year? Most of the acts wouldn't look out of place in the slightest at either of the last two years. Queen and Radiohead were both bookings that stood out as much as Stormzy or George Ezra compared to the other headliners in their respective years.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, devilman said:

The way I see it is, this is more for younger audience 16-25 year old. Whereas the ss bookings- the cure etc are aimed at an older audience. I’m sure they could’ve had the cure on a day with Gerry cinnamon and dma’s but then you’d have people complaining about wee bams ruining it for you.

24 minutes ago, Mattie123 said:

The way I see it is, this is more for younger audience 16-25 year old. Whereas the ss bookings- the cure etc are aimed at an older audience. I’m sure they could’ve had the cure on a day with Gerry cinnamon and dma’s but then you’d have people complaining about wee bams ruining it for you.

Yeah I agree. To be honest even as someone who fits into that age bracket I’m delighted with how they’ve done things this year. I’d much rather be able to see The Cure with brilliant, more suitable, supports than have them lumped into a TRNSMT day with The Kooks and Bastille. Having Summer Sessions and the Kelvingrove bandstand gigs for an older auidence and TRNSMT as a much more modern festival seems like a good deal to me.

33 minutes ago, Mattie123 said:

Exactly this, Radiohead and Queen didn't work at TRNSMT based on their crowds vs the other acts, so they are just adapting. George Ezra also isn't at all out of place - at the end of the day he's basically just doing the same thing Gerry Cinnamon is; in concept he is a single person with a guitar. I think they are doing a great job and when compared to sales at other festivals across the UK, in a region with fewer people like Glasgow/Scotland altogether I think they are doing a good job. Also the undercards are absolutely stacked - 5th down Wombats when they are playing 3rd down at Reading is impressive and like Kooks who are 4th down are headlining festivals like Community. Not many festivals have 5th done arena bands. Pretty crazy how DMA's and Wombats are both playing 5th down really.

6 hours ago, devilman said:

Sad to hear the Rev from Alabama 3 passed away yesterday. He and they are a favourite of mine. I've seen them at a few Scottish festivals including TRNSMT. RIP Rev.

Heard about this today was looking forward to see them at vibration on Saturday.

RIP

Edited by Threestripes

On 5/21/2019 at 4:04 PM, gfa said:

Exactly this, Radiohead and Queen didn't work at TRNSMT based on their crowds vs the other acts, so they are just adapting. George Ezra also isn't at all out of place - at the end of the day he's basically just doing the same thing Gerry Cinnamon is; in concept he is a single person with a guitar. I think they are doing a great job and when compared to sales at other festivals across the UK, in a region with fewer people like Glasgow/Scotland altogether I think they are doing a good job. Also the undercards are absolutely stacked - 5th down Wombats when they are playing 3rd down at Reading is impressive and like Kooks who are 4th down are headlining festivals like Community. Not many festivals have 5th done arena bands. Pretty crazy how DMA's and Wombats are both playing 5th down really.

Tbh the saturday lineup is filled with some of the most popular bands around. Catfish, dma’s, RA. And then bands that are gathering a lot of momentum like the snuts and the dunts. Aswell as Sam fender . The Sunday undercard is decent in comparison to Leeds but can’t see many people at main stage after 4pm. The Friday isn’t for me however, stormzy is one of the biggest artists in the uk, Gerry is one of the hottest in Scotland. And others like anime/aj Tracey are also pretty big. 

Think people rightly said the headliners were weak, but there really wasn’t much else about and people overreacted.

On 5/21/2019 at 4:04 PM, gfa said:

Is Glasgow/Scotland that small a region? I think there is still demand there for a festival that appeals to older and younger people in Scotland (Electric Picnic in Ireland manages this and as a result sells out it 55,000 tickets instantly every year) but so far TRNSMT has yet to get the balance right (a second stage/tent for more mid tier alternative acts could work if there's space) .  

14 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

Is Glasgow/Scotland that small a region? I think there is still demand there for a festival that appeals to older and younger people in Scotland (Electric Picnic in Ireland manages this and as a result sells out it 55,000 tickets instantly every year) but so far TRNSMT has yet to get the balance right (a second stage/tent for more mid tier alternative acts could work if there's space) .  

Thats true I guess, although a lot less touring goes on in Ireland too which doesn't help I guess. I think TRNSMT isn't doing half bad to be honest, this year due to touring clearly GSS is old and TRNSMT is young but that could easily change next year

• 2 weeks later...

Watching IOW jealous as ****.

I know there’s decient festivals I can go to with camping in England but I despise the rocket who wasted titp.

Someone could make a killing doing a similar sized festival up here.

Dont know one person except some young team  that is going to trnsmt and that’s out of over 50 that went to t religiously.

There must be a site somewhere fairly central that they could use. The calendar certainly feels empty now without T even though I probably wouldn't go. I go to camping fests in England 3 times a year now. I dunno if it would ever get back to the glory days but it certainly feels that is was run into the ground by incompetence rather than a lack of demand. I'm sure there is still a place for something similar.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, devilman said:

There must be a site somewhere fairly central that they could use. The calendar certainly feels empty now without T even though I probably wouldn't go. I go to camping fests in England 3 times a year now. I dunno if it would ever get back to the glory days but it certainly feels that is was run into the ground by incompetence rather than a lack of demand. I'm sure there is still a place for something similar.

The move from balado killed it, there’s no way it could’ve went on any longer at strathallan.

17 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

The move from balado killed it, there’s no way it could’ve went on any longer at strathallan.

It was going down the pan at Balado. Crowd numbers were reducing due , as DM says, to the incompetence of the organisers. Moving it to strathallan was just the final nail in its coffin.  Absolute waste of a once great festival. 

Edited by Red Day

12 hours ago, Red Day said:

It was going down the pan at Balado. Crowd numbers were reducing due , as DM says, to the incompetence of the organisers. Moving it to strathallan was just the final nail in its coffin.  Absolute waste of a once great festival. 

Theres certainly still demand, surprised that the one which shut recently after moving to Glasgow - 90k campers has basically gone to zero now its just crazy.

29 minutes ago, gfa said:

Theres certainly still demand, surprised that the one which shut recently after moving to Glasgow - 90k campers has basically gone to zero now its just crazy.

Electric Fields?

It got cancelled due to lack of demand.

Its such a shame but I think we’ve had it. Things like summer sessions look like the future. 

Kendal Calling is good and you can probably get there as easy from Glasgow as Wickerman or EF.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Comfy Bean said:

Electric Fields?

It got cancelled due to lack of demand.

Its such a shame but I think we’ve had it. Things like summer sessions look like the future. 

Kendal Calling is good and you can probably get there as easy from Glasgow as Wickerman or EF.

Its just crazy how 90k campers have just like vanished completely. I guess Kendal is something but like versus titp ?