TRNSMT Lineup 2019

40 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

Are you for real who actually cares ???

Glastonbury organiser Emily Eavis confirmed Prodigy had been booked to headline the festival this year.

This is where I got it from no mention of second first third or playing in the campsite take a day off you utter fruitcakes.

calm down mate, dunno where that quote is from but it's incorrect. Assuming you posted it in here as if to say they should have been headlining trnsmt which is nonsense.

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Deary me

Go and read Emily's post. She said 'booked to play', no mention of headlining 

Scottish sun....

An air ambulance was sent to the scene but paramedics were unable to revive the star.

It was not clear how long his body had been there but it is understood he ran with a personal trainer every day.

He did Saturday’s parkrun in 21 minutes, 22 seconds, according to the official website. Onlooker Rob Hadgraft said he looked “in great shape and spirits”.

Glastonbury organiser Emily Eavis confirmed Prodigy had been booked to headline the festival this year.

Take it up with the sun ffs ..

Why is everyone making a mountain of a molehill???

On 3/7/2019 at 1:23 PM, DomDom1984 said:

Folk are talking about The Strokes as a headline act FFS.

I know this debate is tired but please, there's no doubt that The Strokes are a headline act, especially considering the size of TRNSMT. I genuinely won't be surprised if the Courteeners or Gerry headline in the next couple of years, but one of the most influential bands of the past couple decades couldn't? 

6 hours ago, jkerr4412 said:

I know this debate is tired but please, there's no doubt that The Strokes are a headline act, especially considering the size of TRNSMT. I genuinely won't be surprised if the Courteeners or Gerry headline in the next couple of years, but one of the most influential bands of the past couple decades couldn't? 

They might be a headline act...but not there they aren't.

10 hours ago, jkerr4412 said:

They're a smaller headline act than most, and The Prodigy would fit that bill, and probably put on a better show into the bargain.

Courteeners time has probably passed btw. Maybe a major Manchester festival could get away with that, but they wouldn't anywhere else. I'd say the same would probably be true for Gerry Cinnamon down the line in Glasgow. It's not really comparable.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder how well this is selling. I know a few younger people talking about going but I'm not sure they'll have the same numbers that Liam or The Arctic Monkeys had last year. Its probably just me but I fell like the whole Gerry hype is dying down a little and none of Catfish's new songs have exactly set the world alight.

46 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I wonder how well this is selling. I know a few younger people talking about going but I'm not sure they'll have the same numbers that Liam or The Arctic Monkeys had last year. Its probably just me but I fell like the whole Gerry hype is dying down a little and none of Catfish's new songs have exactly set the world alight.

I don't think trnsmt lineupis is as good as last year but if they booked Biffy , Mumfords  and foos headlineing  instead of stromzy Catfish and George Ezra it would go down pretty well.

I've heard some school kids saying they think it's a good line up. They wouldn't be able to go without parents. I don't know anybody who is thinking of going. That's never happened before for T/TRNSMT. Lots going to Foos and Cure though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know I'm old and out of touch these days but it's as if this festival isn't happening at all this year. Nobody I know is going or talking about it but it seems as if no one is talking about it. Not even on here! I'm not seeing any ads anywhere though, even at the venues I'd expect to see them. Quietest it's ever been in the T/TRNSMT era. Is it really struggling or is the crowd that's going even too young for my 18 and 22 year old sons to know about?