TRNSMT Lineup 2019

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

This is what is annoying a little bit, because a few of the couple of few hundred on here don't post they've bought them it means the world has decided not to buy a ticket.

Just so it is known, you probably don't get a shed load on here go and buy Ezra tickets but out there thousands of people bought into multiple arenas.

So they’ve went from a rock and indie fest catering for a older audience(there words at the time)to a kiddy pop fest catering for the young team in the space of 2 years.

I hope it’s the last trnsmt .....jokers.

37 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

So they’ve went from a rock and indie fest catering for a older audience(there words at the time)to a kiddy pop fest catering for the young team in the space of 2 years.

All the 2019 headliners were on the bill at the first TRNSMT.

Theyve definitely steered away from the Radiohead and Belle and Sebastian type acts, which is worth grumbling about a little bit, but it’s quite clearly not a ‘kiddy pop’ fest ffs.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

All the 2019 headliners were on the bill at the first TRNSMT.

Theyve definitely steered away from the Radiohead and Belle and Sebastian type acts, which is worth grumbling about a little bit, but it’s quite clearly not a ‘kiddy pop’ fest ffs.

Just a “shite fest” then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Threestripes said:

Regardless of what they are catering for and how you term it, it doesn't change the outcome of it. Generally speaking although I will add I don't think any is above sub level, Ezra is selling tickets of a headline level, Catfish standing wise at least in arenas aren't majorly far off....Stormzy I really have no argument for.

28 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Regardless of what they are catering for and how you term it, it doesn't change the outcome of it. Generally speaking although I will add I don't think any is above sub level, Ezra is selling tickets of a headline level, Catfish standing wise at least in arenas aren't majorly far off....Stormzy I really have no argument for.

How come none are above sub level, if two are established arena headliners and ones headlining Glastonbury? It isn’t really a festival for pure stadium headliners is it?

This is the thing about this year in general. People keep dismissing festivals as booking underneath what’s big enough, when in reality these are shifting as much as Kasabian and Biffy Clyro and any other stock festival headline option, but they’re doing it now rather than five years ago.

Not to say I commend TRNSMT for booking this trio because it’s bland as fuck, and maybe they could’ve done with one headliner with more than two albums in the tank, but these headliners were never gonna sub TRNSMT in 2019.

15 hours ago, maxdillon7 said:

saw catfish last night, and am not their biggest fan- but always pleasantly surprised by how exciting they can be live (considering their studio albums are dull) 

if you don’t like their songs massively, you’ll still be able to appreciate showmanship for sure

Would agree with this. I couldn’t name one of their songs but seen them live at T plus Kendal and they  put on a decent live show. Pretty sure the T was up at Balado so they’ve worked their way up to this.

Anywayz, was talking to my 15 year old nephew yesterday about Trnsmt. He’ll be 16 come July. Him and his mates have all got tickets for the 3 days. He is well excited and hyper. I felt very old but content to move on.

2 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Would agree with this. I couldn’t name one of their songs but seen them live at T plus Kendal and they  put on a decent live show. Pretty sure the T was up at Balado so they’ve worked their way up to this.

Anywayz, was talking to my 15 year old nephew yesterday about Trnsmt. He’ll be 16 come July. Him and his mates have all got tickets for the 3 days. He is well excited and hyper. I felt very old but content to move on.

Yeah, end of the day Reading sells out every year and their target audience is the same age practically. One thing that will never change is a school leavers crowd loving the idea of their 1st festival...What does change over the years is what that generation of people listen to and the quality of output but I'm sure rewind a few years and many of them will think the 9/10 years previous wasn't all that either and the same works for going forward. It's no secret really that the amount of indie/rock acts that were around 10/12 years ago haven't been that sustainable over the years with them either dying or just motion crawling now. It's not also no secret that pop char if you like and the grime scene etc is having it's biggest influence whereas back then it was about but really I'm the mainstream.

17 hours ago, maxdillon7 said:

saw catfish last night, and am not their biggest fan- but always pleasantly surprised by how exciting they can be live (considering their studio albums are dull) 

if you don’t like their songs massively, you’ll still be able to appreciate showmanship for sure

Watched them headline Kendall last year and was impressed ! They did put on a headline show

4 minutes ago, gordo1701 said:

Just saw an email from TRNSMT for 10% off the three-day ticket being extended. Assuming that ticket sales haven't been that good then? 

In fairness though just my view, Friday is completely awful!, but every days 2nd stage is pretty weak.

I was waiting for Friday to be an instant sellout because of Gerry.

Just now, thewayiam said:

In fairness though just my view, Friday is completely awful!, but every days 2nd stage is pretty weak.

I was waiting for Friday to be an instant sellout because of Gerry.

I'm not 100% thrilled with the lineup & not everything's going to be for me but some of the lineups don't make sense to me. Like Years & Years, Gerry Cinnamon then Stormzy one after the other doesn't make sense for me as they all have very different demographics. Saturday isn't really for me but it does make sense, just don't think CATB are headliners in my opinion but they'll still get a decent turnout

2 hours ago, gordo1701 said:

I'm not 100% thrilled with the lineup & not everything's going to be for me but some of the lineups don't make sense to me. Like Years & Years, Gerry Cinnamon then Stormzy one after the other doesn't make sense for me as they all have very different demographics. Saturday isn't really for me but it does make sense, just don't think CATB are headliners in my opinion but they'll still get a decent turnout

None of them are main stage headliners except for Ezra being close.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

None of them are main stage headliners except for Ezra being close.

Exactly! I like George Ezra but I understand why people don't like him but I don't understand how people think George Ezra isn't a sensible choice for headlining a festival considering he's about to go on a 10+ UK arena tour when all the dates sold out instantly. Not saying he's going to sell out TRNSMT but there is a decent lineup behind him. 

On 2/24/2019 at 2:01 PM, gordo1701 said:

They are also headling indie fest in Ireland and cital Fest

40 minutes ago, devilman said:

Has anyone heard how ticket sales are going? :) 

I heard the 10% off on 3 day tickets deal has been extended, can't be great.

Seriously though @thewayiam , reading is never a strong sell out and didn't really sell out last year and hasn't 'really' sold out for a few years now - and that's not even getting started on Leeds. I think to keep Leeds going they really need to consider having some more acts only do one of the festivals, this year up there is going to be really poor with no Liam G/Courteeners/James/Noel G/DMA's etc, only Blossoms this year who don't have as big pull as the gallaghers or courteeners. we'll see i guess

8 hours ago, gfa said:

I heard the 10% off on 3 day tickets deal has been extended, can't be great.

Seriously though @thewayiam , reading is never a strong sell out and didn't really sell out last year and hasn't 'really' sold out for a few years now - and that's not even getting started on Leeds. I think to keep Leeds going they really need to consider having some more acts only do one of the festivals, this year up there is going to be really poor with no Liam G/Courteeners/James/Noel G/DMA's etc, only Blossoms this year who don't have as big pull as the gallaghers or courteeners. we'll see i guess

End of the day strong or not, if a 90k festival can sell out regardless of how close to the actual fest it comes...obvs not day tickets but the weekend and early bird at £20 a pop, plus run a 2nd site that does enough to keep going then it's doing something that the other major fests that have collapsed have failed to.

Went last year for 2 days and really enjoyed it. Saw Catfish for the first time in my hometown of Hull on Saturday and couldn't believe how good they are live, absolutely electric performance.

Chatting with the couple me and the wife went with last year and came to the conclusion that Glasto is a no no this year in terms of holidays and finances so we've booked the Saturday and Sunday for Trnsmt, cant wait !!

Theres six of us going, 4 of us went last year, booked an apartment less than half a mile from Glasgow Green, travelling from Hull on train. The lineup for the Sundays not the best but my friends love Ezra so couldn't say no to the second day, plus after going last year we know our way to Merchant Street for a few drinks beforehand each day. I absolutely loved the Sunday last year hitting a few bars round Glasgow before we went in to see Interpol.