TRNSMT Lineup 2019

2 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Another genuine quiestion: do you guys think if T hadn't moved from Balado it would still be here today?

It was getting easier to get camping tickets no question.

But the buzz and the hype if it was ever to come back would be unbeleavable I honestly think they market it right get the line up bang on 

Make it strictly over 18 and they’ll sell out like the early days.

Edited by Threestripes

2 hours ago, maxdillon7 said:

i assume they’re thinking that it would have a larger attendance, and as a result, a larger budget

larger attendance=bigger budget=bigger headliners 

The problem is that larger attendance + all the extra infrastructure that'd be required = much larger costs before you even book a band.

Setting up a couple of stages and a few portaloos in Glasgow city centre will be relatively cheap by comparison.

18 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

The hype would last until they released a lineup, and then the usual social media rage would start and the honeymoon would be over.

T lineups were getting slated constantly, no matter what they were like.

They were getting slated for CH being a resident guys like him and avicci should have been on the radio1/nme not the main.

You saying the line up from 2010 or 11 wouldn’t sell out?

Tickets would be gold dust.

Edited by Threestripes

3 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

They were getting slated for CH being a resident guys like him and avicci should have been on the radio1/nme not the main.

You saying the line up from 2010 or 11 wouldn’t sell out?

Tickets would be gold dust.

That T 2011 lineup was amazing and would cost an absolute fortune. Also you say make it over 18s only seems a bit harsh to me, i do agree with get calvin harris to fuck though. What sort of bands are you thinking would play T if it was here this year but not trnsmt?

6 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

That T 2011 lineup was amazing and would cost an absolute fortune. Also you say make it over 18s only seems a bit harsh to me, i do agree with get calvin harris to fuck though. What sort of bands are you thinking would play T if it was here this year but not trnsmt?

That’s the beauty of it bands would be falling over themselves to play the return of T :).

No one would be off limits

2 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

That’s the beauty of it bands would be falling over themselves to play the return of T :).

No one would be off limits

I admire the optimism and I loved T despite probs missing the best years (too young) but I don't think that's the case honestly. You have to remember the reason T died was cause in 2016 nobody went.

1 minute ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

I admire the optimism and I loved T despite probs missing the best years (too young) but I don't think that's the case honestly. You have to remember the reason T died was cause in 2016 nobody went.

The reason there was a drastic decrease was because of the logistical nightmare at the same site the previous year. The first one did pretty well at Strathallan. That site change was pretty much the thing that drove T to the ground.

I don't think T coming back at a different site, in the same mould as it was before, would be a bad idea. People would go back because the same problems wouldn't be there. But the problem is that T couldn't exist like that forever. It'd have to evolve as people stopped going and as festival goes gradually thin out.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

That’s because they moved to the worst site possible and had djs playing the main stage for kids.

It totally shifted the demographic the later years a bit like what trnsmt did this year.

I actually dont think this lineup is anywhere near as bad as everyone is saying. Stormzy is gonna be huge (based off his Glasto slot) and definitely has enough crossover appeal for rock fans. I dont buy the whole "this aint london its glasgow and nobody cares" bs that people seem to be saying here, Stormzy is huge all over the UK not just in london.

Catfish on an exclusive off the back of a new album aint too bad either. They are obviously on the trajectory to become major festival headliners, and TRNSMT seems like as good of a fest as any to be the stepping stone between smaller stuff like YNot and the big leagues.

Ezra is the one weak one imo, i would have thought he was a bit too pop and he is already at every other fest this year. Plus, I dont think he has that much of a die har audience. However, they paired him up with Snow Patrol who are a very strong sub so its a little better.

Personally, the bigger issue is the undercard. An awful lot if pop compared to past lineups (Years & Years, Jess Glynne etc.) which seems odd. Its not even the more alt-pop stuff that rock fans seem to find more pallatable, its just top 40 stuff.

Also it almost comes across as more of a day festival this year, especially the Stormzy day. Having all the rap acts on one day seems very odd to me, and if they had been spread over the whole fest I think a lot more weekend tockets would be sold.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

The reason there was a drastic decrease was because of the logistical nightmare at the same site the previous year. The first one did pretty well at Strathallan. That site change was pretty much the thing that drove T to the ground.

I don't think T coming back at a different site, in the same mould as it was before, would be a bad idea. People would go back because the same problems wouldn't be there. But the problem is that T couldn't exist like that forever. It'd have to evolve as people stopped going and as festival goes gradually thin out.

This is totally hypothetical but if titp ever returned to balado had bands like the roses headlining do you think it would shift 80k tickets?

Just now, Threestripes said:

This is totally hypothetical but if titp ever returned to balado had bands like the roses headlining do you think it would shift 80k tickets?

Nah, but I do think it'd sell reasonably well depending on other acts. Put on a 2014/2015 type lineup which pretty much ticked all the boxes, and it'd probably be a worthwhile venture for now. Lineups like that wouldn't sell forever though. DF already seem to be realising that, so I don't think the T you want would ever return.

11 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Nah, but I do think it'd sell reasonably well depending on other acts. Put on a 2014/2015 type lineup which pretty much ticked all the boxes, and it'd probably be a worthwhile venture for now. Lineups like that wouldn't sell forever though. DF already seem to be realising that, so I don't think the T you want would ever return.

I’d settle for a one off :)

21 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I actually dont think this lineup is anywhere near as bad as everyone is saying. Stormzy is gonna be huge (based off his Glasto slot) and definitely has enough crossover appeal for rock fans. I dont buy the whole "this aint london its glasgow and nobody cares" bs that people seem to be saying here, Stormzy is huge all over the UK not just in london.

Catfish on an exclusive off the back of a new album aint too bad either. They are obviously on the trajectory to become major festival headliners, and TRNSMT seems like as good of a fest as any to be the stepping stone between smaller stuff like YNot and the big leagues.

Ezra is the one weak one imo, i would have thought he was a bit too pop and he is already at every other fest this year. Plus, I dont think he has that much of a die har audience. However, they paired him up with Snow Patrol who are a very strong sub so its a little better.

Personally, the bigger issue is the undercard. An awful lot if pop compared to past lineups (Years & Years, Jess Glynne etc.) which seems odd. Its not even the more alt-pop stuff that rock fans seem to find more pallatable, its just top 40 stuff.

Also it almost comes across as more of a day festival this year, especially the Stormzy day. Having all the rap acts on one day seems very odd to me, and if they had been spread over the whole fest I think a lot more weekend tockets would be sold.

Where does it say Catfish are an excuise

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

I think 2015 sold alright but defo a drop of about 10k, infact I seem to remember someone posted official figuresf rom DF on here at some point saying that.

1 hour ago, Threestripes said:

That’s because they moved to the worst site possible and had djs playing the main stage for kids.

It totally shifted the demographic the later years a bit like what trnsmt did this year.

Surely if T was here it would likely be similar headliners to this year's trnsmt tho? They can't magic a Stone Roses out of thin air.

It just seems like it would be a massive pain for them to start it back again n they probs think trnsmt and summer sessions does well enough tbh.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Aren't Catfish likely for Glastonbury? Where does it state they are exclusive?

43 minutes ago, jj200 said:

Where does it say Catfish are an excuise

Just going off the fact they've announced nothing anywhere else at all and there aren't really any other slots available other than Boardmasters (which they headlined last year), APE (which they also headlined last year) and Victorious (which isn't really their demographic). I guess they could do a one off Finsbury show too? And I guess maybe Citadel (though I aint sure they fit the demographic there either)?

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

Aren't Catfish likely for Glastonbury? Where does it state they are exclusive?

Ah hadn't thought of Glasto, guess they could turn up there too

EDIT: Though looking at their tour dates they could quite easily be in Murca during Glasto. Doing Bonaroo a couple weeks after and finish their UK tour in May. Could happen though

Edited by Mattymooz

5 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Just going off the fact they've announced nothing anywhere else at all and there aren't really any other slots available other than Boardmasters (which they headlined last year), APE (which they also headlined last year) and Victorious (which isn't really their demographic). I guess they could do a one off Finsbury show too? And I guess maybe Citadel (though I aint sure they fit the demographic there either)?

They are rumoured for victorious now the bookings seem to have shifted 

12 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

They are rumoured for victorious now the bookings seem to have shifted 

Tbh they could easily do Victorious and Glasto ..the latter is sold out so won't really have a bearing. Victorious have no real reason to keep them back, Brighton Center the closest gig if you like is sold out it seems bar the odd seat.

Edited by thewayiam

3 hours ago, thecommon said:

Tickets on sale and not one mention on here of anyone getting them like you used to get in previous years. 

They've fecked it with that line up, it's so bad it could get a festival cancelled permanently. 

It won’t though cos it will sell pretty well particularly the Saturday 

17 hours ago, thecommon said:

Tickets on sale and not one mention on here of anyone getting them like you used to get in previous years. 

They've fecked it with that line up, it's so bad it could get a festival cancelled permanently. 

This is what is annoying a little bit, because a few of the couple of few hundred on here don't post they've bought them it means the world has decided not to buy a ticket.

Just so it is known, you probably don't get a shed load on here go and buy Ezra tickets but out there thousands of people bought into multiple arenas.