TRNSMT Lineup 2019

5 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

It's easy to give unrealistic suggestions of how to improve the lineup. Strokes subbing for example. Or even tame impala, people massively over estimate their selling power on here just cause they're really good but the sad fact I G Cinnamon & Bastille will sell more tix for less money 

Yeah that's fair enough (Although i don't think the strokes subbing is too unrealistic) but if you where to replace the strokes with Bastille and chilli peppers or muse with biffy it would be much better received and would probably sell more than my original would of.

Edited by Jayden03

1 minute ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Both years theyve booked older bands (Radiohead & Queen) and both those days didn't sell that well.

This is true. It was busy enough though. And the punters were mostly older with loads of disposal income to throw over the bars and food stalls. The festival will still have made money. I enjoyed both those days and because TRNSMT leaves it so late before announcing it will only ever be an odd day ticket festival for me. My summer is already well planned and paid for before they give us any names. I'm really glad I wasn't counting on it this time round :) 

2 hours ago, Red Day said:

My Download ticket was purchased early bird for £150 quid. Assuming I’ve correctly filled in my loyalty scheme application, I’ll get £50 to spend at festival. If I went to trnsmt I’d have to pay for a hotel which I’m doing at DL. Only extra cost is travel to Derby and shuttle bus to Donington. For that wee bit extra i get 3 days of the music I love. Horses for courses and all that

Very much so. It's not even worth £150 for me either personally, but then what bands we like will always be worth different to another.

2 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Nothing is foolproof. But the money they will have spent on the artists I'd no doubt will be made back with profit and festivals have little loyalty, they can refresh every year tbh. People will like this line up and go. I'm sure they know that. 

Surely basic Business as it was put should be fullproof. I'm sure T believed before they canned it that they would make back their money too and enough people would go to that, likewise V and Rize. A promoter and booked surely won't put a festival on that they don't believe will sell enough to have a return the following year. On the other side of it too, people can define a major festival in anyway they want, be it size of the place or size of the acts but this year TRNSMT is not a major sized festival whether it's a 50k capacity or not, that's like saying Victorious is a major festival in the calendar and it isn't.

1 minute ago, Jayden03 said:

Yeah that's fair enough (Although i don't think the strokes subbing is too unrealistic) but if you where to replace the strokes with Bastille and chilli peppers or muse with biffy it would be much better received and would probably sell more than my original.

The Strokes have been announced for about 7 or so festivals this year and at each and every one they're headlining so its very unrealistic.

Biffy is the one I'm pretty surprised aren't there and thats about it.

3 minutes ago, devilman said:

This is true. It was busy enough though. And the punters were mostly older with loads of disposal income to throw over the bars and food stalls. The festival will still have made money. I enjoyed both those days and because TRNSMT leaves it so late before announcing it will only ever be an odd day ticket festival for me. My summer is already well planned and paid for before they give us any names. I'm really glad I wasn't counting on it this time round :) 

I take your point, but also think its clear why they're targeting the younger demographic as its been those days that have sold best so far

45 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

As much as I don't buy The Strokes as a major headliner, they'd be a terrific choice for a sub. Probably behind a newer act though. Catfish or something like that.

I still don't buy that Catfish would headline over the Strokes, they're cheaper definitely but come on if they were both playing The Strokes would easily headline. Most people know Last Night and a few other Strokes songs but even I'm struggling to name a Catfish song and I liked their first album.

Df are known to be greedy basterds and pure shit to work for. They know this basic line up will sell and really dont care about putting on a good festival.. this is how TITP started going down hill, trnsmt will be next. Anyway ive enjoyed all the speculation on this.. looking forward to next years hahaha! Enjoy anyone who is going tho! ✌️

20 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I still don't buy that Catfish would headline over the Strokes, they're cheaper definitely but come on if they were both playing The Strokes would easily headline. Most people know Last Night and a few other Strokes songs but even I'm struggling to name a Catfish song and I liked their first album.

Catfish are massive and shift tickets, you'd be naive to think otherwise

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

As much as I don't buy The Strokes as a major headliner, they'd be a terrific choice for a sub. Probably behind a newer act though. Catfish or something like that.

No chance that the Strokes would agree to sub CATB.

The line up is honking, criteria applied appears to have been Hydro sales and fee required. Would be interesting to know if Stormzy demanded to be a headliner. 

37 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

They're popular in Scotland but if they were really that big they'd be stepping up to headline Glasto or Reading this year which ain't happening.

Nail. Head. Bit like Courteeners in the Lancashire area. 

CATB with the Strokes special guests would have went down better. 

The reaction on social media tells you everything. This is not going to sell well. 

40 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

The reaction on social media tells you everything. This is not going to sell well. 

Why though, would the Strokes play before a less popular, less acclaimed, much easier to see, much cheaper, far inferior (last one is subjective but let's be sensible) band with a fraction of the back catalogue? It's expecting far too much. They wouldn't possibly sub any headliner Trnsmt has ever had, let alone Catfish and the Bottlemen. 

50 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

Yeah and if The Beatles were speical guests it would have gone down better too lol. It's fair enough to say the lineup is pish but at least give realsitic suggestions to improve it- not suggesting The Strokes playing in a non-headline slot.

Also, Courteeners are bigger up north for sure but don't think same can be said about Catfish- they play big venues everywhere in UK.

The line up for me is awful but I’m not in the demographic they’re aiming for. It’ll sell ok to teenagers and maybe those in early 20s but may struggle further than that. I’d hazard a guess 2 for 1 tickets for each day will become available in July. DF have catered for my age group with The Cure and FF at Summer Sessions and the gigs in Kelvingrove and Edinburgh.  I can see why they’ve gone with the trnsmt line up though. I’ll be at the Cure, Teenage Fanclub, The National and probably Primal Scream. 

6 minutes ago, Red Day said:

The line up for me is awful but I’m not in the demographic they’re aiming for. It’ll sell ok to teenagers and maybe those in early 20s but may struggle further than that. I’d hazard a guess 2 for 1 tickets for each day will become available in July. DF have catered for my age group with The Cure and FF at Summer Sessions and the gigs in Kelvingrove and Edinburgh.  I can see why they’ve gone with the trnsmt line up though. I’ll be at the Cure, Teenage Fanclub, The National and probably Primal Scream. 

I think that Sunday will get in a good few oldies. Snow patrol plus George Ezra who is very popular with mums i think. Plus ashcroft on the sat will draw some in too. You're right tho its defo aimed at youngsters.

Edited by didinowanttohearthat

6 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

I think that Sunday will get in a good few oldies. Snow patrol plus George Ezra who is very popular with mums i think. Plus ashcroft on the sat will draw some in too. You're right tho its defo aimed at youngsters.

That last bit is why I don’t really have any issue with what they’re aiming for. I’ve plenty gigs to attend in the summer that appeal to my taste and there does need to be events that cater for the teens and slightly above. The line up is full of radio 1 airplay and chart music. Absolutely no appeal to me but a big draw for a certain age. I’m not overly familiar with Stormzy or grime and the younger folks I know don’t have any interest in it. Gamble of a booking maybe, but quite a good idea putting cinnamon on the same day. 

2 minutes ago, Red Day said:

That last bit is why I don’t really have any issue with what they’re aiming for. I’ve plenty gigs to attend in the summer that appeal to my taste and there does need to be events that cater for the teens and slightly above. The line up is full of radio 1 airplay and chart music. Absolutely no appeal to me but a big draw for a certain age. I’m not overly familiar with Stormzy or grime and the younger folks I know don’t have any interest in it. Gamble of a booking maybe, but quite a good idea putting cinnamon on the same day. 

Yeah I think they've done alright with what they've got and what's possible. As you say yeah they've put loads of other stuff on with GSS, ESS, Bandstand gigs and SWG3 there's ssomething for everyone. I'm not naive enough to think for instance The Strokes will play trnsmt so it's easier for me to just buy tickets to see them in london then i don't need to get annoyed that george ezra is headlining.

2 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Yeah I think they've done alright with what they've got and what's possible. As you say yeah they've put loads of other stuff on with GSS, ESS, Bandstand gigs and SWG3 there's ssomething for everyone. I'm not naive enough to think for instance The Strokes will play trnsmt so it's easier for me to just buy tickets to see them in london then i don't need to get annoyed that george ezra is headlining.

Sensible approach. Strokes were never going to play as they’re in Spain at a couple of festivals that weekend.  And likewise, I’m pretty happy with the calibre of gigs in Scotland this summer. 

1 hour ago, wishyboz6 said:

Strokes on before catfish would be a crime to music 

13 minutes ago, standfree92 said:

Strokes on before catfish would be a crime to music 

Strokes were second on the bill on the second stage few years ago at TITP before SHM. Don’t really think most bands are that bothered about where they appear. As long as they’re paid and get a boost in sales of their music they’ll be quite happy. If you were to ask the target audience about the strokes, I don’t think that many would have heard of them. It’s probably for the best they’re not on this years bill.