TRNSMT Lineup 2019

23 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

@luckysalt we shall see with this line-up on sales and on the return of it in the future if your major festival view is as fullproof as you think and that I'm lacking being able to see the business sense behind it.

Nothing is foolproof. But the money they will have spent on the artists I'd no doubt will be made back with profit and festivals have little loyalty, they can refresh every year tbh. People will like this line up and go. I'm sure they know that. 

9 minutes ago, devilman said:

Oh man that is bad. You couldn't actually pay me to attend that. I can see the festival folding if the weather is bad this year. The Cure and Foos it is then.

Why would it fold? It's clearly been profitable the last 2 years and probs will be again as I doubt those headliners will cost much n it'll sell a decent amount 

People who are saying that they couldn't have a better lineup with the artists that are touring, there are plenty of better artists. Here's one they could have done.

Muse/Tame Impala/Years and years
Catfish/Gerry Cinnamon/The raconteurs 
RHCP/The strokes/The kooks

This would have gone down much better. They may have not been able to get all of these, but they could probably get the majority.

Edited by Jayden03

2 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

As much as I don't buy The Strokes as a major headliner, they'd be a terrific choice for a sub. Probably behind a newer act though. Catfish or something like that.

They would be aye but they're very very expensive and are headlining every festival they're playing this year.

27 minutes ago, Jayden03 said:

People who are saying that they couldn't have a better lineup with the artists that are touring, there are plenty of better artists. Here's one they could have done.

This would have gone down much better. They may have not been able to get all of these, but they could probably get the majority.

Replace Catfish with literally anyone on the planet except maybe Ellie Goulding and Steps and it instantly looks 10x better.

25 minutes ago, Jayden03 said:

Most of these acts you've suggested aren't really properly touring. RHCP are doing special shows only, Muse has RW as a Europe fest exclusive i think? definitely aren't going to announce another anyway. Doesn't seem like Tame are doing too much and are a bit too alternative for TRNSMT anyway I think. This is also incredibly expensive, and strokes would never sub when catfish are headlining another day lol. you also bumped up kooks.

58 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Why would it fold?

I don't think it will sell well. I don't think the people that line up caters for are big spenders at the bars and stalls and probably won't even turn up if the weather is particularly gash. I'm pretty old for a festival punter so probably biased but I do go to a lot of festivals and I can't see anybody anywhere that thinks this is a good line up.

Was just a bad year for good, big bands touring that trnsmt could book tbh (biffy probs being the only exception but they'll probs play next year). Also, how many time was T slated for merry-go-round headliners, then when they put three new ones people will moan even more.

It's also easy to say the lineup would be much better if bands like tame impala/ strokes subbed but its just not realistic at all, they both probs cost more than any of the headliners n would shift less tickets than any of them. 

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Most of these acts you've suggested aren't really properly touring. RHCP are doing special shows only, Muse has RW as a Europe fest exclusive i think? definitely aren't going to announce another anyway. Doesn't seem like Tame are doing too much and are a bit too alternative for TRNSMT anyway I think. This is also incredibly expensive, and strokes would never sub when catfish are headlining another day lol. you also bumped up kooks.

Didn't know that RW was an exclusive, but it would have made sense considering they don't have a scotland date in their tour.

What do you mean when you say special shows? Surely any festival could be considered a special show?

Tame impala have about ten festivals this summer, and whilst they may be a bit more alternative than the artists TRNSMT usually has, they could definitely of appeared.

Catfish are much bigger than the strokes right now, and I don't think them playing would cause much of a problem.

I intentionally bumped up the kooks. I think they are much too big to be playing 4th down. 

Price could be a problem, but even if a few more expensive ones where to be replaced with cheaper Scottish/British acts my point would still stand.

They could have made a much better festival with the acts currently touring, 

2 minutes ago, devilman said:

I don't think it will sell well. I don't think the people that line up caters for are big spenders at the bars and stalls and probably won't even turn up if the weather is particularly gash. I'm pretty old for a festival punter so probably biased but I do go to a lot of festivals and I can't see anybody anywhere that thinks this is a good line up.

I don't think it'll sell amazingly but as time goes on think it'll start to look better, and will sell alright. Also must have been cheap as fuck compared tabards like AM, KIllers etc. Both years theyve booked older bands (Radiohead & Queen) and both those days didn't sell that well.

2 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Was just a bad year for good, big bands touring that trnsmt could book tbh (biffy probs being the only exception but they'll probs play next year). Also, how many time was T slated for merry-go-round headliners, then when they put three new ones people will moan even more.

It's also easy to say the lineup would be much better if bands like tame impala/ strokes subbed but its just not realistic at all, they both probs cost more than any of the headliners n would shift less tickets than any of them. 

They're new headliners, but not new to the festival. They all played the same day two years ago. I think if they had one of those three (preferably catfish) Biffy and someone totally new to the festival it would have been received much better. 

2 minutes ago, Jayden03 said:

Didn't know that RW was an exclusive, but it would have made sense considering they don't have a scotland date in their tour.

What do you mean when you say special shows? Surely any festival could be considered a special show?

Tame impala have about ten festivals this summer, and whilst they may be a bit more alternative than the artists TRNSMT usually has, they could definitely of appeared.

Catfish are much bigger than the strokes right now, and I don't think them playing would cause much of a problem.

I intentionally bumped up the kooks. I think they are much too big to be playing 4th down. 

Price could be a problem, but even if a few more expensive ones where to be replaced with cheaper Scottish/British acts my point would still stand.

They could have made a much better festival with the acts currently touring, 

It's easy to give unrealistic suggestions of how to improve the lineup. Strokes subbing for example. Or even tame impala, people massively over estimate their selling power on here just cause they're really good but the sad fact I G Cinnamon & Bastille will sell more tix for less money 

1 minute ago, Jayden03 said:

They're new headliners, but not new to the festival. They all played the same day two years ago. I think if they had one of those three (preferably catfish) Biffy and someone totally new to the festival it would have been received much better. 

Yeah it defo would've been, and the fact they haven't got some big name like Muse or whatever was cause it wasn't possible for whatever reason.