TRNSMT Lineup 2019

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

It's not really my kind of thing I'm afraid. I've been the last couple years to see Arctic Monkeys (all my mates went and a great day out) and Radiohead (my favourite band), and it's only 10 minutes down the road. 

I don't think it'll look particularly strong to most people (most festival line ups arent this year), but it's still got plenty of what i think will be popular with young festival/gig goers, ultimately i think it'll sell okay. 

yeah i’ve been both years before but from 4 hours down the road and this year it just doesn’t seem worth it 

1 minute ago, Nick Aldous said:

Hi all,

just wanting some re-assurance that The Strokes won’t be playing - I love them & TRNSMT so much but have already booked All Points East and I’m not so sure that I can afford this as well if they’re on haha!

cheers!

Yeah they’re abroad on the weekend (Spain I think) so there’s no chance they’re playing, headliners are almost confirmed anyway and the strokes aren’t one sadly

50 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

It's not really my kind of thing I'm afraid. I've been the last couple years to see Arctic Monkeys (all my mates went and a great day out) and Radiohead (my favourite band), and it's only 10 minutes down the road. 

I don't think it'll look particularly strong to most people (most festival line ups arent this year), but it's still got plenty of what i think will be popular with young festival/gig goers, ultimately i think it'll sell okay. 

Oh yes

Radiohead was just a total joy in 2017. So many things went so well that day. Found a bit with a joy filled atmosphere, and it was loud as fuck there too. Went myself and ended up with a whole squad of people and it was just outstanding. Amazing setlist as well. Only thing I wanted to hear and didn't was Just. Everything else was there.

• Upvote 2

Two years ago Geoff seemed to hint that Trnsmt was going to be a festival for a slightly older audience than TITP.  Is it just me, or has Summer Sessions been given the bands that older festival goers would like, and the emphasis at Trnsmt this year is aiming more towards teenagers.  The line up, if correct seems to lean more to an audience more suited to a camping festival

Just now, DomDom1984 said:

Radiohead was just a total joy in 2017. So many things went so well that day. Found a bit with a joy filled atmosphere, and it was loud as fuck there too. Went myself and ended up with a whole squad of people and it was just outstanding. Amazing setlist as well. Only thing I wanted to hear and didn't was Just. Everything else was there.

Agreed, that was a phenomenal gig and included quite a few songs I didn't expect them to play 

Just now, Red Day said:

Two years ago Geoff seemed to hint that Trnsmt was going to be a festival for a slightly older audience than TITP.  Is it just me, or has Summer Sessions been given the bands that older festival goers would like, and the emphasis at Trnsmt this year is aiming more towards teenagers.  The line up, if correct seems to lean more to an audience more suited to a camping festival

I said earlier in the thread that I'd have thought the two lineups would be better suited swapped. Of course, easier said than done, because dunno if The 1975 would be available and Foo Fighters seem to be doing nothing that month.

I think it was right when someone says it's just at a bad point of the year for headliners, and TRNSMT have not had a great selection to choose from.

4 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Radiohead were fantastic that day. So glad my friends & I decided to go. Enjoyed Belle & Sebastian too!

2 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I said earlier in the thread that I'd have thought the two lineups would be better suited swapped. Of course, easier said than done, because dunno if The 1975 would be available and Foo Fighters seem to be doing nothing that month.

I think it was right when someone says it's just at a bad point of the year for headliners, and TRNSMT have not had a great selection to choose from.

Looking at most of the line ups around the UK and Europe, there is a lack of really good overall line ups.  Wercher has a belter of a day with Tool headlining.  I'm going to NOS in Portugal and it started off looking promising, but last batch of announcements have been dire.  I like my rock music so I'm pretty happy with Download this year, but appreciate that genre isn't everyone's cuppa

2 hours ago, Red Day said:

But think, if you won tickets for guessing Stormzy, CATB Ezra and Snore patrol, do you think it would be worth wasting a weekend in Glasgow.  Suppose you’d be able to view the weegie phenomenon that is gerry cinnamon. That said you could go to Glasgow most weekends and see him playing somewhere 

No chance of getting tickets for him though.