TRNSMT Lineup 2019

Think you're right. If they feel they can sell tickets at the price it is without a second large stage I don't see them adding one. Would definitely like to see it brought in though, would give more scope to book interesting mid sized acts who wouldn't appeal to the Main Stage crowd. Interpol last year for example would have been much better off headlining a second stage than subbing the Main.

24 minutes ago, Shootenanny! said:

Think you're right. If they feel they can sell tickets at the price it is without a second large stage I don't see them adding one. Would definitely like to see it brought in though, would give more scope to book interesting mid sized acts who wouldn't appeal to the Main Stage crowd. Interpol last year for example would have been much better off headlining a second stage than subbing the Main.

Yes absolutely, the pet sounds/transmission stages at T used to be brilliant for this before they got rid of them. Although based on their lineups I'm not sure if they currently have any bookers who listen to more than 5 albums a year.  

Edited by addicted2noise

1 minute ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Lewis Capaldi will defo be mainstage, will also pull a huge crowd same sorta time as GC last year

He has just announced two shows this morning for Glasgow and Edinburgh in December so I wouldn't expect him to be announced today. He's played the last two years so may hold off until he has an album released. 

7 minutes ago, Cocky19 said:

He has just announced two shows this morning for Glasgow and Edinburgh in December so I wouldn't expect him to be announced today. He's played the last two years so may hold off until he has an album released. 

Maybe he'll be announced later, or you could be right he won't play. Just seems an obvious booking to me as he's had massive populatiry boost last few months.

9 minutes ago, CV022011 said:

Since it’s almost all finished, who do you think will play next year? Let’s get the predictions for 2020 going early.

Gonna put money on Paolo and Kasabian taking out new material and playing. Paolo yet to play and Kasabian will sell tickets. Possibly Royal Blood with a strong sub with their new album on the way