TRNSMT Lineup 2019

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It was made and distributed by a thing called ‘AM Live Sessions’, and that’s why it’s plastered all over the poster init?

Still can’t believe someone screenshotted a post of a plain text prediction from here and it circulated as a leak.

Yeah, which explains why it's a touch misleading 

its Just going to be another chart friendly festival like IOW is this year.  No massive headliners like the rest.  No real surprise. 

It'll also look better when it happens than it does now because Stormzy would have headlined Glasto by then. 

Edited by sisco

5 minutes ago, sisco said:

its Just going to be another chart friendly festival like IOW is this year.  No massive headliners like the rest.  No real surprise. 

It'll also look better when it happens than it does now because Stormzy would have headlined Glasto by then. 

I don't think that makes it look better, it makes it look a week Glasto booking I think.

13 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think that makes it look better, it makes it look a week Glasto booking I think.

No it doesn’t.  Stormzy will be a headliner, Glastonbury gave him his chance, others will follow.  No doubt he’ll be headlining R&L next year.

Everyone saying this is weak..... get used to it! Can people genuinely not see the lineups from every other festival?! 

It is a poor year for festivals but Stormzy is a really shit booking imo. He might be headlining Glastonbury, but they aren’t relying on him to sell tickets, and they can offer plenty alternatives while he’s playing. As someone said a good few pages back, this is glesga green, not Finsbury Park.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Stormzy, Gerry (for the selling factor), Y&Y

CATBM, Richard Ashcroft, Bastille

Ezra, Snow Patrol, Jess Glynne

IOW:

NGHFB, Courteeners, Lilly Allen

Ezra, Fatboy Slim, Bastille

Biffy, Richard Ashcroft, Jess Glynne

Pop tastic/Chart friendly!

What you're forgetting is though that IOW has turned into a medium sized festival, none of George Ezra or NGHFB would be booked to headline a major festival at this moment...in fact they aren't. Biffy is also very much on the fringes.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

What you're forgetting is though that IOW has turned into a medium sized festival, none of George Ezra or NGHFB would be booked to headline a major festival at this moment...in fact they aren't. Biffy is also very much on the fringes.

I know! Hence why TRSMT is the same.  They’re all going the mid range sort of way.  Being honest I’d say only R&L and Glastonbury are big/major festivals these days.  

It kinda reminds me of T2007 (the first year it went three days) folk thought Arctic Monkeys, The Killers and Snow Patrol maybe weren't ready to step up at the time but they did fine, and in overall there was solid if unspectacular acts over the weekend to give a good balance, hopefully the undercard here does the same

Snow Patrol haven’t been relevant since the late naughties. Beyond me how they can headline major festivals (although tbf they aren’t technically going to be at TRNSMT). 

Stormzy isn’t actually that good, but, if those are the headliners, then he’ll be the best act out of them. Says it all really. 

3 minutes ago, maxdillon7 said:

fair point with relevance to stormzy n catfish, but they’re still dredging up snow patrol... (although AM and killers were headlining last year, they’ve remained relevant for over ten years and constantly snowballed in popularity) whereas snowpatrol have done absolutely nothing worth noting   

Fit into that Stereophonics category, don't they? Shouldn't be considered a headliner, but have a back catalogue and can sell a few tickets

43 minutes ago, sisco said:

I know! Hence why TRSMT is the same.  They’re all going the mid range sort of way.  Being honest I’d say only R&L and Glastonbury are big/major festivals these days.  

I'm not arguing that, but surely you can't deny that if Stormzy is being booked for a mid range festival then being booked for the biggest there is to play higher than sub makes it a weak booking. What he does next year is another thing right now he's essentially playing Glastonbury off of a few nights at Brixton Academy.

50 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

Snow Patrol haven’t been relevant since the late naughties. Beyond me how they can headline major festivals (although tbf they aren’t technically going to be at TRNSMT). 

Snow Patrol are probably more well known now for co writing most of Ed Sheerans songs than their own band.